PDA

View Full Version : THIS is why we need to be able to buy the Tounament Ornaments

HazelrahFirefly
04-12-2018, 02:15 PM
I had a little free time this morning and so I decided to take advantage and aee how I could do against morning duelers.

Guess what happened? Guess?!

NOTHING. I spent an hout and a half unable to get into a tournament, because no one else is doing it. How am I ever supposed to win my ornaments when there is no one to duel?

Just let us buy them for high steel prices already! Its a ****ing game. The e-peen of having an ornament others don't is ridiculous.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 02:35 PM
When you put it that way it seems that it is in Ubisoft's best interests to keep Ranked mode in a piss poor sorry state so that people will beg to buy the ornaments for cash and then actually thank Ubi for selling it to them.

Shouldn't instead the answer be to do all they humanly can to populate the ranked modes?
- More XP, more steel, more loot,
- all previous tiers of cosmetic rewards for finishing 2nd and winning a tourney,
- limited time events that further boost all XP, steel and loot rewards in ranked, etc, etc.

That way everybody benefits more from this by getting decent ranked modes worthy of the name. After all that's done by all means allow people to open up their wallets and buy anything they want if they feel like it. But not before actually making a decent ranked mode, otherwise you're just rewarding Ubi for keeping it in a sh/tty state.

HazelrahFirefly
04-12-2018, 04:35 PM
I morally agree with you, but have a pessemestic view on this game. I don't think it will ever be fixed or more densely populated. Ever.

XJadeDragoonX
04-12-2018, 05:13 PM
What they really need to do is get rid of duel tournament altogether. Just match us up against people of similar skill levels in 1v1 matches. That's it. Period.

Idk why it's a tournament in the first place. We don't want a tournament. We want to be matched up against players in our ranked level. What other fighting game makes it mandatory to get people for a tournament? It's a poor system.

Make all ranked rewards random drops. You should want people to WANT to play ranked. Not just to try and win a tournament for a chance at a reward. You want people to play ranked because they enjoy it and want to show off their skills. I can get into an unrankrd 1v1 in seconds. Tournament takes forever to get into. And sometimes it throws me into a Dominion ranked instead because it times out.

I'm a diamond ranked player and I enjoy playing against skilled players. But half the time I get disconnected from a tournament, I get a time penalty, and I go down by like 3 ranks. It's garbage.

Lastly, ranks should be attached to the character you use. Im definitely diamond level with my berserker. But I'm probably only platinum level with my warlord. I know this may be a contraversial idea, but it would be nice. Could also help guage opponents when you match up. Let's say I go into a lobby with someone who is diamond as well. But it turns out that he's using his worst character. I think it would be exciting to match up with someone and know how good they are with that character

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 05:41 PM
I morally agree with you, but have a pessemestic view on this game. I don't think it will ever be fixed or more densely populated. Ever.
https://i.imgur.com/7Hor42h.jpg

Could be so but then it's just as important to not allow a failing game to lower your standards or lower the standards for the industry so that future gamers end up getting screwed even worse. If their ranked mode fails then let them understand it failed because they didn't lift a finger to improve the quality and make it worth while, not because they didn't sell the cosmetic ornaments.

HazelrahFirefly
04-12-2018, 07:01 PM
But then I'll never get my ornaments, and some of them are the best in the game lol

Trbevis
04-13-2018, 02:15 AM
On ps4 i dont really have much issues getting into a duel tournament, and im really enjoying them at the moment, and the ornaments are great (mostly) and thats why i feel they should be earnt like how they are now, so when people see you wearing them they know you have earnt it, just my views...

Alustar.
04-13-2018, 03:35 AM
As a person who casually duels, I have to agree, the tournament idea is a poor concept and only works in games that have high populations from the start, like start craft and other such competitive games have the population to support this, but for honor doesn't.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 10:42 AM
On ps4 i dont really have much issues getting into a duel tournament, and im really enjoying them at the moment, and the ornaments are great (mostly) and thats why i feel they should be earnt like how they are now, so when people see you wearing them they know you have earnt it, just my views...

You must always play at peak times or have the liberty to play when you want. Its 5:40 am my time right now, when i often get to play, and its a ghost town on PS4 for ranked duels.

KitingFatKidsEZ
04-13-2018, 11:14 AM
Or they could just make ranked actually decent. 1 match games or Bo3 and have a normal ladder LIKE EVERY OTHER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME instead of this tournament ********.

Tournament modes are designed to provide chill experiences where u watch others and chat. Its like that IN EVERY OTHER GAME EXCEPT THIS ONE.

and it makes no bloody sense from a design perspective.

Then just hand out rewards based on end of season ladder position, Ladder soft resets every season. You need a minimum number of games played to be eligible for rewards.

SO DAMN SIMPLE...

Dtheawesome9010
04-13-2018, 01:40 PM
The tourneies are laggy as hell i noticed a bit of people lagging out hell I won a tourney from lag alone flawless. I only fought 2 times in that tourney and it was with someone i fought multiple times in previous tourneies. So you know i knew how to fight this guy because he was predictable. Honestly don't know how a rep 4 law won a tourney before but hey I guess people can say the same bout me even though I can have my good fights ( if they don't spam the same damn attack over and over such as light or guardbreak) and my bad. Also it does take forever to get in a tourney that's how i fought the rep 4 law over and over again.

HazelrahFirefly
04-13-2018, 02:02 PM
Or they could just make ranked actually decent. 1 match games or Bo3 and have a normal ladder LIKE EVERY OTHER ONLINE MULTIPLAYER GAME instead of this tournament ********.

Tournament modes are designed to provide chill experiences where u watch others and chat. Its like that IN EVERY OTHER GAME EXCEPT THIS ONE.

and it makes no bloody sense from a design perspective.

Then just hand out rewards based on end of season ladder position, Ladder soft resets every season. You need a minimum number of games played to be eligible for rewards.

SO DAMN SIMPLE...

But since we all know that's never going to happen... just let us buy the ornaments. Perhaps they could only become available for purchase after the season is over?

wolfman25br
04-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Yes Im never gona win another torunament.
NO one plays it im my region. and the REgion lock doesnt allow me to join US servers.
Ony in the first two days I was able to finish them (2 of them actualy). I won one of those and it gives me ornament for a char I dont care.
Thansk Ubi.

Vakris_One
04-13-2018, 03:58 PM
But since we all know that's never going to happen... just let us buy the ornaments. Perhaps they could only become available for purchase after the season is over?
Who's this "we" you speak of? If we stop asking for ranked to be improved of course it won't ever happen. If instead we keep bugging the devs about it they will eventually do something about it. I know you just want those ranked ornaments and don't much care about the state of ranked but the two are tied together, and not because of "epeenery". It's not likely that the devs will start selling them until they get ranked in a proper state. Why is that? Because those ornaments are literary the only thing enticing players to come play a ranked tournament.

The XP is crap, the steel is crap, the wait time is crap, the rank doesn't matter. The only reason right now to play ranked is for the cosmetics locked behind it. The devs know this and they won't take away the sole reason people even play this half baked skeleton ranked mode. They know that selling the ornaments will completely delete the ranked 1v1 mode. Just look at Ranked Dominion, dead on arrival. Nobody ever touched it because you don't get anything from playing it that you can't get from playing normal Dom.

If they improve ranked and give people multiple reasons to go play ranked such as XP, steel, cosmetics, emotes, effects, etc, then selling the ornaments will also be made possible because they wouldn't be the sole reason people play ranked anymore. The devs want ranked in their game and they want it to be populated so if you want them to sell the ranked ornaments that can only happen when ranked is in a healthier state.

Tyrjo
04-14-2018, 07:37 PM
Is it not possible to earn some of the Legendary tier rewards any longer? There is an ornament I really want, but I didn't get it when I won. I have gotten the other two though.

JadeBosson.
04-15-2018, 01:48 AM
I'd pay 20,000 steel for one

Tyrjo
04-15-2018, 07:21 AM
Is it not possible to earn some of the Legendary tier rewards any longer? There is an ornament I really want, but I didn't get it when I won. I have gotten the other two though.

I played and won another tournament, and this time I got the third ornament. Really strange.

HazelrahFirefly
04-15-2018, 06:59 PM
Who's this "we" you speak of? If we stop asking for ranked to be improved of course it won't ever happen. If instead we keep bugging the devs about it they will eventually do something about it. I know you just want those ranked ornaments and don't much care about the state of ranked but the two are tied together, and not because of "epeenery". It's not likely that the devs will start selling them until they get ranked in a proper state. Why is that? Because those ornaments are literary the only thing enticing players to come play a ranked tournament.

The XP is crap, the steel is crap, the wait time is crap, the rank doesn't matter. The only reason right now to play ranked is for the cosmetics locked behind it. The devs know this and they won't take away the sole reason people even play this half baked skeleton ranked mode. They know that selling the ornaments will completely delete the ranked 1v1 mode. Just look at Ranked Dominion, dead on arrival. Nobody ever touched it because you don't get anything from playing it that you can't get from playing normal Dom.

If they improve ranked and give people multiple reasons to go play ranked such as XP, steel, cosmetics, emotes, effects, etc, then selling the ornaments will also be made possible because they wouldn't be the sole reason people play ranked anymore. The devs want ranked in their game and they want it to be populated so if you want them to sell the ranked ornaments that can only happen when ranked is in a healthier state.

I don't disagree with a single thing you said, and I'm jealous of your optimism towards the devs and the game.

I don't believe they will ever improve ranked mode. They may never even touch it again.

HighWithEagle
04-15-2018, 07:59 PM
I had a little free time this morning and so I decided to take advantage and aee how I could do against morning duelers.

Guess what happened? Guess?!

NOTHING. I spent an hout and a half unable to get into a tournament, because no one else is doing it. How am I ever supposed to win my ornaments when there is no one to duel?

Just let us buy them for high steel prices already! Its a ****ing game. The e-peen of having an ornament others don't is ridiculous.

Don't even bother with the tournament right now it's a mess, long wait times, not connecting to other players, ending in a double forfeit (which counts as a loss by the way) switching heros throughout the tournament, assassins running everywhere.
Even if you win the tournament there's still a chance you'll unlock the ornament you didn't want or even worse unlock a ornament for a hero you never even ****ing unlocked or played (yes I'm extremely salty about this.)
These poor developers have no idea what they are doing and it's pathetic.

ilikeguns12
04-27-2018, 08:14 PM
I don't have a ton of experience with the tourneys, but I agree with most of you. The matchmaking times are stupid, that alone provides me with plenty of incentive to just not bother. On top of it, you can only get a guaranteed ornament for a specific character the first time you win every match in a tourney with them (have to use that character in the last round to get their specific ornament, could play other rounds with a different character). In other words, once I get one ornament for shinobi which I did and it was trash, there's absolutely no way to guarantee I get another, there's not even any way to encourage my reward to be shinobi specific. Yesterday I won every round with Shinobi, got legendary reward tier, got the shugoki ornament lmfao. My shugoki is level 1, the only hero I've never even played a single time. So all that time spent in matchmaking (at least 10 mins), all that time spent between matches (cumulatively another 10 minutes I'd guess), and not even to mention having to fight and beat a whole mess of scrubs or people so ridiculously high rep I have no idea why I match with them, for basically no reward. All this combined is just a recipe for disaster, I literally couldn't give you one positive reason to play ranked aside from exclusive rewards. It's not fun, if it stays in tournament mode with ridiculous match wait times, it probably never will be. They need to find some way to incentivize the community to play more ranked and hopefully change it from a tournament style while simultaneously making the loot less random.

HazelrahFirefly
04-27-2018, 09:15 PM
To be fair, it's not a design decision to give out random ornaments. According to the Support Team you are supposed to get an ornament when you win for who you played in the last round. It's a known bug apparently and they were delighted that I had video of it happening.

I recommend opening a case and sending them the vid if you have it.

HappeningShrimp
04-28-2018, 04:14 AM
I sure as hell hope they don't sell them. I don't want anyone and everyone running around with the same ornaments I had to actually work for. That would be complete bs.

BlowHard74728
04-28-2018, 05:49 AM
Just completed two matches to not even recieve anything for the hero I played as. Luckily I saved the videos and I have opened a ticket. Just waiting for their reply.

DeadRickWalking
04-28-2018, 08:23 PM
Should auto back fill with bots after a 5 min. Search.

Kazowa
04-29-2018, 04:26 AM
Honestly, they should have rethink about reworking all of the characters at once in the begging. You know all of my favorite characters are being beaten by the new hero. So, I uninstall it. I mean this game is just orders and wait for parries, all the new hero they have interrupt unblock able moves which you have to time it perfectly to make them miss. Rank, In general is useless you will get beat by amarshu, shamans, and other spam attack characters which makes it hard and difficult to read for most players. So, just don't even play this game again. bury it with a hatchet and forget about it.

Tyrjo
04-29-2018, 07:15 AM
How to remedy Duel Tournament

https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1872231-How-to-remedy-Duel-Tournament

xTranscendence
05-04-2018, 12:55 AM
When you put it that way it seems that it is in Ubisoft's best interests to keep Ranked mode in a piss poor sorry state so that people will beg to buy the ornaments for cash and then actually thank Ubi for selling it to them.

Shouldn't instead the answer be to do all they humanly can to populate the ranked modes?
- More XP, more steel, more loot,
- all previous tiers of cosmetic rewards for finishing 2nd and winning a tourney,
- limited time events that further boost all XP, steel and loot rewards in ranked, etc.

😗