PDA

View Full Version : What about Season 6 ??

Siegfried-Z
04-12-2018, 10:26 AM
Hi there,

Just, we are almost at the end of season 5, soon it would be the inter-season and still no news at all about what is coming for season 6 ?? :confused:

Some of you guys maybe have some informations ?
Maybe do you know when Ubi is going to make an announcement ?

I pray for a Valk rework PLS PLS :D

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 10:52 AM
I think if season 6 will be same as season 5, so in season 7 they will shut down the game.

Veerdin-Wraith
04-12-2018, 11:38 AM
They keep hinting at new reworks. Also we're apparently getting Arena mode today/tonight (I'm in Australia so the livestream/update for me is at like 2am) along with some arena maps that will be playable in Duel and Brawl. So now Daubeny and his merry band of NPCs can berate you for getting stunlocked by that one Centurion who always plays Brawl mode.

I'm personally holding out for a Warden, Centurion and Orochi reworks, possibly a Peacekeeper one, too. But as usual, Ubisoft has been as communicative as a sack of sedated potatoes and refuse to tell us anything of any value.

As for the things people have been asking for since launch, like new armours, changes to ganking and more customization slots? All of that is "not high priority" which is code for "it'll be next year if at all".

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 12:06 PM
As for the things people have been asking for since launch, like new armours, changes to ganking and more customization slots? All of that is "not high priority" which is code for "it'll be next year if at all".

Without any proper monetization system devs keep loosing revenue. They can't do not offer new chars, new armors, new gear and new executions and emotes and keep make people spend steel. For now there no need in steel packs. I bought Gladiator when S5 started and while I leveled him up to teal gear and 7 rep, I gained enough steel to by him mythic armor, execution and effect I want. And I still have enough steel to by Legend status every weekend.
And I spend only 8-9 hours per week in the game, so more active players deffenetly have a lot of steel.
The hard truth is if ppl keep leaving and current player base will not buy steel pack every month, so game will be abandone in year 2 of existence.

I still hope it will not happen, but if devs won't make enough money to support dedicated servers, I think they will close the game.

Siegfried-Z
04-12-2018, 12:38 PM
I think if season 6 will be same as season 5, so in season 7 they will shut down the game.

Why do you think that ?

Despite many problems, the for honor community looks strong and want to help to make things going good.
This game has a few technicals problems kind of crazy for a big proudction like this but the gameplay is so unique and new that it's addictive ;)

Siegfried-Z
04-12-2018, 12:48 PM
They keep hinting at new reworks. Also we're apparently getting Arena mode today/tonight (I'm in Australia so the livestream/update for me is at like 2am) along with some arena maps that will be playable in Duel and Brawl..

But as usual, Ubisoft has been as communicative as a sack of sedated potatoes and refuse to tell us anything of any value.

Haha yes saddly :(

I hope so much a rework for the Valk that i'm hurry to hear what will arrive !

Hum about Warden, Cent, PK and Orochi i am not sure as PK and warden are un high tier and Cent get so much nerfs i am not sure they gonna get more than some little adjustments.

But maybe Orochi gonna get a rework as the Zerk one.. not totally change the gameplay as Kensei but give more options with an unblockable ;)

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 01:35 PM
Why do you think that ?

Despite many problems, the for honor community looks strong and want to help to make things going good.
This game has a few technicals problems kind of crazy for a big proudction like this but the gameplay is so unique and new that it's addictive

You can read my another post, where I wrote, why I think so.
Community not strong, we discouraged. I saw people, who I argued with about death of For Honor change their possitive minds for negative after couple Warrior's Dens.
And while community have good ideas to how make things good, devs don't want to listen.
This game have a huge technical issues, even after dedicated servers, have broken monetization system, and very lack of content. If things gonna go this way, there will be not enough revenue to support servers and keep paying for development process.

guor6800
04-12-2018, 01:38 PM
Why do you think that ?

This game has a few technicals problems kind of crazy for a big proudction like this but the gameplay is so unique and new that it's addictive ;)
The community is kinda strong and for sure is willing to help. But on the other hand Devs are not.
This game is one of a kind that's why it is still alive. But when you imagine what would have happened if a decent development team was running it it just gets sad.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 02:01 PM
The community is kinda strong and for sure is willing to help. But on the other hand Devs are not.
This game is one of a kind that's why it is still alive. But when you imagine what would have happened if a decent development team was running it it just gets sad.
What dev team/studio did you have in mind?

guor6800
04-12-2018, 02:17 PM
I would go with blizzard on that one. Definitely not EA and for obvious reasons not ubisoft.

I get that this is a matter of preference mostly but this particular team has failed miserably to deliver.

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 02:41 PM
I would go with blizzard on that one.

I wanted to say, that in this case we should wait more and more casual gameplay and a ton of fun service, buuuuut, than I remember salt emote, heart effect and how they reworked Bers and Kensei.
Nothing worst could happen, you know.
EA: "Let's add something that improve player stats to chests! Oh, they hve gear, ok..."
Blizzard: "Let's add Maid costume to PK and Shaman! And kitten ears! Oh, Nobushi already have one..."
Take-Two: "Let's make Online part of game, where content will cost billions of currence and give the players thin chance to earn it. Already done? This game is something we need"
Microsoft: "Let's give player a grind, repeatable world with a small customization and even smaller content in it! Oh, it's already done!"

So, as I can see we have all sins of nowadays game industry in For Honor. I believe nothing worse could happen if change devs team.

P.S. I mostly fooling around with this terms, so don't take to close to heart.

Siegfried-Z
04-12-2018, 03:07 PM
Hum well i really hope things are going to be better because i really don't want this game to crash...

Love it so much despite of all these ****ty things... this is like a very complicated girlfriend which is not listening your point but you don't want to give up and keep hoping :D

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 03:12 PM
I wanted to say, that in this case we should wait more and more casual gameplay and a ton of fun service, buuuuut, than I remember salt emote, heart effect and how they reworked Bers and Kensei.
EA: "Let's add something that improve player stats to chests! Oh, they hve gear, ok..."
Blizzard: "Let's add Maid costume to PK and Shaman! And kitten ears! Oh, Nobushi already have one..."
Take-Two: "Let's make Online part of game, where content will cost billions of currence and give the players thin chance to earn it. Already done? This game is something we need"
Microsoft: "Let's give player a grind, repeatable world with a small customization and even smaller content in it! Oh, it's already done!"

So, as I can see we have all sins of nowadays game industry in For Honor. I believe nothing worse could happen if change devs team.

That's kind of what I wanted to say as well. Ubisoft is already doing most of the ill advised and/or simply tick boxed "by the formula" things that the other major studios would do (and have done) with this kind of product. That is because all of these studios have a board of executives and shareholders to please so much like Hollywood blockbuster films their games all tend to follow the same kind of formula in terms of production strategy. It's all copy/paste by the numbers decision making which leads to a mediocre feeling game. The only differences are the genre, style and look of the games from triple A studios. Underneath the hood the marketing strategies and financial decisions impacting the actual development of Triple A games are incredibly similiar.

The only studio that would offer something truly different would be an indie dev studio that isn't being told what to do by a board of executives and is instead entirely run by a team of lead developers/game creators.

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 03:27 PM
Love it so much despite of all these ****ty things... this is like a very complicated girlfriend which is not listening your point but you don't want to give up and keep hoping

I think everyone on this forum feel the same way. I left For Honor twice, but still something keep me coming back.

The only studio that would offer something truly different would be an indie dev studio that isn't being told what to do by a board of executives and is instead entirely run by a team of lead developers/game creators.

But as I said above, FH now need some new strong monetization system to keep game commercialy sucsessful. It's something that others game have, and what makes them valueable. Ppl keep baying Overwatch chests, GTA Shark cards and everything else. This cause of devs offer content that cost much, but worth it. For Honor on the other hand, don't have worth content since executions on S5 launch, but it's not enought to make people spend steel. They need to rework whole customization/monetization system right now, before it's to late. Cause without steel packs purchases, game will end up really soon.

EDG_Avocado
04-12-2018, 04:42 PM

I would say around season 8 or 9 they mite shut it down, they're not going to shut it down that fast after dedicated servers came on

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 04:59 PM
I would say around season 8 or 9 they mite shut it down, they're not going to shut it down that fast after dedicated servers came on

Dedicated servers as well as devs job need money. And I already said, that there's nothing to accumulate revenue for the game right now. If S6 will be same empty as 5 were, people just don't need steel packs, don't purchase, game revenue will be poor and it's done.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 05:01 PM
But as I said above, FH now need some new strong monetization system to keep game commercialy sucsessful. It's something that others game have, and what makes them valueable. Ppl keep baying Overwatch chests, GTA Shark cards and everything else. This cause of devs offer content that cost much, but worth it. For Honor on the other hand, don't have worth content since executions on S5 launch, but it's not enought to make people spend steel. They need to rework whole customization/monetization system right now, before it's to late. Cause without steel packs purchases, game will end up really soon.
Micro transaction sales work to keep live service games going but it could also backfire on them if they start locking exclusive content behind cash purchases. They do need to produce better quality content to sell and do it more often, like a batch of 4 new executions every 2 weeks. But everything should remain obtainable by in-game steel and by no means should they increase the steel grind because that would be a cynical cash grab and rightfully anger the playerbase.

What they really need is new heroes. Preferably 2 each Season again for 3-4 new Seasons so they can then sell a Year 2 Season Pass. New heroes and new modes are what keep people interested and coming back to For Honor as a live service game. They haven't seemed to have planned for this at all. Maybe they thought For Honor would die in year 1 and so they had nothing planned for after that and only changed their minds around Season 4? Maybe they thought just doing reworks would cut it? Whatever the case they now need to get serious about having a plan and timeline for the future content releases of this game.

guor6800
04-12-2018, 05:04 PM
That's kind of what I wanted to say as well. Ubisoft is already doing most of the ill advised and/or simply tick boxed "by the formula" things that the other major studios would do (and have done) with this kind of product. That is because all of these studios have a board of executives and shareholders to please so much like Hollywood blockbuster films their games all tend to follow the same kind of formula in terms of production strategy. It's all copy/paste by the numbers decision making which leads to a mediocre feeling game. The only differences are the genre, style and look of the games from triple A studios. Underneath the hood the marketing strategies and financial decisions impacting the actual development of Triple A games are incredibly similiar.

Yeah i couldn't agree more. But a small indie studio probably wouldn't have the funds behind em to make a difference. And from the triple A studios i honestly trust blizzard more than anything. Maybe my career on wow adds to that. Ofc they aren't perfect. But i ll take them before ubisoft any time of the day.

You gave me a good laugh with actually being quite on point mate. As i said to Vakris i just don't believe that a small studio would have the power to deliver something so great.
Im being pretty honest here when saying that in my 15 year old gaming career i haven't felt so disappointed before. They could have made a real diamond of a fighting game and instead they managed to almost kill it way to many times.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 05:24 PM
Yeah i couldn't agree more. But a small indie studio probably wouldn't have the funds behind em to make a difference. And from the triple A studios i honestly trust blizzard more than anything. Maybe my career on wow adds to that. Ofc they aren't perfect. But i ll take them before ubisoft any time of the day.

You gave me a good laugh with actually being quite on point mate. As i said to Vakris i just don't believe that a small studio would have the power to deliver something so great.
Im being pretty honest here when saying that in my 15 year old gaming career i haven't felt so disappointed before. They could have made a real diamond of a fighting game and instead they managed to almost kill it way to many times.
It's possible, there are indie studios that have managed some impressive titles. Rocket League comes to mind. Also Elite Dangerous managed to become one of the biggest space sim games of all time and it is run by an indie studio that started with a modest Kickstarter campaign. Star Citizen has raked in millions via kickstarter and backer pledges and is essentially the most abitious video game in recent times and one of the most expensive to make. Hopefully it comes out sometime this Century :p

Both Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen have a bigger budget to work with than anything that For Honor was allocated by old Triple A studs Ubisoft and those two were/are even more niche titles than For Honor. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Jason Vandenberghe took his idea of For Honor, assembled his own dev team and got it funded independantly via kickstarter by fans of the concept. No executives to deal with, just him and his team making the game they want to make.

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 05:27 PM
Micro transaction sales work to keep live service games going but it could also backfire on them if they start locking exclusive content behind cash purchases. They do need to produce better quality content to sell and do it more often, like a batch of 4 new executions every 2 weeks. But everything should remain obtainable by in-game steel and by no means should they increase the steel grind because that would be a cynical cash grab and rightfully anger the playerbase.

What they really need is new heroes. Preferably 2 each Season again for 3-4 new Seasons so they can then sell a Year 2 Season Pass. New heroes and new modes are what keep people interested and coming back to For Honor as a live service game. They haven't seemed to have planned for this at all. Maybe they thought For Honor would die in year 1 and so they had nothing planned for after that and only changed their minds around Season 4? Maybe they thought just doing reworks would cut it? Whatever the case they now need to get serious about having a plan and timeline for the future content releases of this game.

Sure microtransaction is something you should be careful with. Especialy nowadays. But my point it's not about Ubi must forced everyone purchase more and more steel packs, but I think for now revenue it's big quastion inside devs and publishers. We don't know truth, of course, but I rely on my own experience and thoughts. Game have low playerbase and really low need in steel and content to by it. Most revenue, I believe they got from Season Passes and game purchases. Maybe steel packs purchases in 1-2 seasons. But now players keep leaving and in S5 have nothing that you can't by without steel packs. So if summary bad launch, low playerbase and lack of content, I don't think Ubi let support game without good revenue, so to stay alive game firstly need something people want to pay for.

Season Pass year two could be nice, yes. But after Shaman people are to negative about new chars. If thay can add some balanced ones, it would be great. But still to riscky. Most easy way now for pleasure players and make game more commercialy sucsess, devs need to change customization to the point of more skins, more armors etc. People want it, this something good to offer. If they remove gear stats with it, game will be more friendly to new players, that is good too.
New gamemods are cool, but not something like Tribute. And still they need something that can be intresting to players. Even if they rework Dominion to better tactic and wider maps, it would help.

But for now there are no signs of this changes are coming. Arena as new name for Duels (why you add another 1v1 mode, if most popular still 4v4) and some fixes, reworks and all this. It's something, but not enough to save the game.

SpaceJim12
04-12-2018, 05:30 PM

Just listen to Vakris, he have pretty good point with kickstartered games. But unfortunatly we will never see For Honor in that case.

guor6800
04-12-2018, 07:02 PM
It's possible, there are indie studios that have managed some impressive titles. Rocket League comes to mind. Also Elite Dangerous managed to become one of the biggest space sim games of all time and it is run by an indie studio that started with a modest Kickstarter campaign. Star Citizen has raked in millions via kickstarter and backer pledges and is essentially the most abitious video game in recent times and one of the most expensive to make. Hopefully it comes out sometime this Century :p

Both Elite Dangerous and Star Citizen have a bigger budget to work with than anything that For Honor was allocated by old Triple A studs Ubisoft and those two were/are even more niche titles than For Honor. Makes you wonder what would have happened if Jason Vandenberghe took his idea of For Honor, assembled his own dev team and got it funded independantly via kickstarter by fans of the concept. No executives to deal with, just him and his team making the game they want to make.

You got some fair point there for sure. I agree that the last years more and more successful games come from small indie studios and not from the AAA mass production companies.

If only they let Jason do what he wanted to. He was the vision of for honor. I assume we must find him and make a campaign to fund him! I ve been saying that since he left. If we expect Roman and Damien to fill his shoes we are doomed.

Illyrian_King
04-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Seems like next Reworks are Valk, Orochi and PK ... according to today's Dev Stream

Dane520123
04-13-2018, 12:32 AM
I would go with blizzard on that one. Definitely not EA and for obvious reasons not ubisoft.

I get that this is a matter of preference mostly but this particular team has failed miserably to deliver.

I’ve been playing blizzard games for years and trust me...Blizzard is not the same as it used to be. They’ve been stooping to Close to Ubisoft levels lately. But even in their prime they were never good at balancing anything around pvp what so ever. They’d prob make worse decisions then Ubisoft, nor do they listen to any feedback what so ever. But the one thing I can trust them with is running decent servers, Ubisoft is a joke.

SpaceJim12
04-13-2018, 07:27 AM
They’d prob make worse decisions then Ubisoft, nor do they listen to any feedback what so ever. But the one thing I can trust them with is running decent servers, Ubisoft is a joke.

And content. btw. I mean, Blizzard devs never could say something like "it's too coastly for time". Jeff (from Overwatch) said after new event came to live, that it was been a lot of work team done. And you see in game: new mechanics, new map, new cutscene, new cosmetics and more. And just imagin that instead of this Jeff would say "It's too coastly for time, make new unique events and maps and of course cosmetics, so we just want to introduce you a brand new recolors of old skins and event, that is just like casual match, but all heros have two healthbars!"
That is rediculous.

SaschoS
04-13-2018, 02:00 PM
This is what happens when you do not take time for creating game with inexperienced team behind it. I did not know why they were rushing with new champs and skins. Maybe game-play is what keeps people playing not skins and new heroes.

SpaceJim12
04-13-2018, 02:47 PM
This is what happens when you do not take time for creating game with inexperienced team behind it. I did not know why they were rushing with new champs and skins. Maybe game-play is what keeps people playing not skins and new heroes.

Well, statisticly on this point you wrong. Content is a major thing. Without any new content, you can't keep players in game, even if you have briliant gameplay. Look at Destiny 2, while this game (in my opinion) have most bad-*** FPS gameplay where every single AI enemy fight turn to epic action, this is not enough. People need new. New gamemodes, events, cosmetics, level cap increase. Something people could reach.
For Honor, of course, could stay alive little longer, cause there is no analogue for now, but still lack of content (a huge hole in it, actually) kill this game sooner or later.
And the reason why they fast gave us new heros, it's just cause Ubi want to sell Season Pass.=) So they threw away all they have in one year and now just trample on the spot, don't now what to do next.

SerSine
04-14-2018, 04:31 PM
Hi there,

Just, we are almost at the end of season 5, soon it would be the inter-season and still no news at all about what is coming for season 6 ?? :confused:

Some of you guys maybe have some informations ?
Maybe do you know when Ubi is going to make an announcement ?

I pray for a Valk rework PLS PLS :D

If it's taking them this long for "simple" reworks I'm not expecting much to come out of season 6, they obviously need their attention directed to creating actual content people want, instead of horsing around like I'm positive they do.