PDA

View Full Version : Kensei

Scrubnubloard
04-12-2018, 08:49 AM
So i see a lack of things that talk about him/her first of i want to say that you guys did a good job making him/her much better that he was. I but i feel like you made him to dam good. his hyper armor on every soft faint. They come out quick as hell and there timing so screwed that it gets me 70% of the time and on top of that he can go into the soft faint very late in the swing. He will be practically hitting you with his swing and then change it into a side light or heavy. For some reason his doges is crazy good now, half the time ill just swing right through him. you guys buffed him a little to much. maybe take away his hyper armor on every faint or turn his doges back into a light so it isn't as good as it is. In team fights when hes getting ganked all he has to do is the dash and be almost un hit able.

BTTrinity
04-12-2018, 11:36 AM
Kensei is pretty good right now, I think the only changes he should get is to make it so his dash-attack cant be delayed (and possibly get rid of its hyper armor, but this is hardly an issue IMO)... As of right now, he can dodge things like Gladiator Zone / Highlander 50/50 by doing a dodge to make the first move whiff, and then the dodge attack makes the second move miss because he can delay it to such a large extent.

His Zone probably shouldnt move him forward the way it does either.

guor6800
04-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Remove his ability to chain light finishers or at least remove hy on those moves.
Also remove his ability to delay dodge attack and there you got it.

Everyone that has problems with anything else sorry but it's a git gud issue.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 01:50 PM
So i see a lack of things that talk about him/her
You must have missed the "Kensei OP!" freakout threads from people who suddenly started encountering Kensei's for the very first time in their lives.

first of i want to say that you guys did a good job making him/her much better that he was. I but i feel like you made him to dam good. his hyper armor on every soft faint.
He only got given hyper armour on his light chain finishers. He's always had HA on his side heavy finishers.

They come out quick as hell and there timing so screwed that it gets me 70% of the time and on top of that he can go into the soft faint very late in the swing. He will be practically hitting you with his swing and then change it into a side light or heavy. For some reason his doges is crazy good now, half the time ill just swing right through him. you guys buffed him a little to much. maybe take away his hyper armor on every faint or turn his doges back into a light so it isn't as good as it is. In team fights when hes getting ganked all he has to do is the dash and be almost un hit able.
He's always been strong in team fights due to alternating targets while dodge striking like a mad man which makes it harder to aggressively gank him in under 5 seconds like most of the roster. You've always needed to engage a bit more brain power when ganking a Kensei. His dodge strike does the same damage - 20. The only changes made were an increase in stamina cost (up to 12 from 6), changed to heavy recovery and it now only gives a heavy parry punish.

The only changes he needs is the removal of delaying the dodge strike and reducing the huge distance forward that his zone propels him.

BTTrinity
04-12-2018, 02:59 PM
He's always been strong in team fights due to alternating targets while dodge striking like a mad man which makes it harder to aggressively gank him in under 5 seconds like most of the roster. You've always needed to engage a bit more brain power when ganking a Kensei. His dodge strike does the same damage - 20. The only changes made were an increase in stamina cost (up to 12 from 6), changed to heavy recovery and it now only gives a heavy parry punish.

The only changes he needs is the removal of delaying the dodge strike and reducing the huge distance forward that his zone propels him.

Pretty much, this.

People need to take their time, and use their head rather than CC spam him to death lmao... It doesnt work that well on a good Kensei player; or anyone else with Dodge attacks for that matter, Nobu is another (to a lesser extent) good example of a gank buster, just because she can switch targets and fling sidewinders/zones/Delayed kicks and you dont know who they're going to hit if you're not being patient with her.

Vrbas1
04-12-2018, 03:24 PM
It doesnt work that well on a good Kensei player; or anyone else with Dodge attacks for that matter

Except the Kensei's dodge attack literally has I-frame properties where other heros with dodge attacks can actually be hit. His dodge attack is one of the safest moves in the game if used as a counter or reaction and not an opener.

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 05:12 PM
Except the Kensei's dodge attack literally has I-frame properties where other heros with dodge attacks can actually be hit. His dodge attack is one of the safest moves in the game if used as a counter or reaction and not an opener.
Any dodge attack is safe if used as a counter or reaction. That's kinda the entire purpose of dodge attacks. As for these mythical I-frames the Kensei apparently has, how is it that no one has yet produced a video showcasing these i-frames? How is it that I have hit Kensei during their dodge attacks and been hit myself while playing Kensei? How is that possible if he's apparently got these i-frames going for him?

Is there a video somewhere where I can see evidence of these i-frames and not just someone missing him because he correctly dodged them?

Scrubnubloard
04-12-2018, 07:34 PM
People need to take their time, and use their head rather than CC spam him to death lmao... It doesnt work that well on a good Kensei player; or anyone else with Dodge attacks for that matter, Nobu is another (to a lesser extent) good example of a gank buster, just because she can switch targets and fling sidewinders/zones/Delayed kicks and you dont know who they're going to hit if you're not being patient with her.

You cant be patient with Him if you are your going to get hit. His top heavy can go into 5 different soft faints that are come out quick as hell ( i play on console so it comes out even faster) and he can go into them so late in the animation that he will be practically hitting you then and then switch it up. Playing with you head means nothing if you cant predict what shes about to do. His dodge is crazy good and i cant hit him halt the time. If i play someone with a dodge and use it and he misses the heavy he can go into a side heavy or light with hyper armor and punish me for trying. His zone is good to but i don't need to tell people that cuz they know.

Specter2One
04-13-2018, 03:45 AM
Honestly I gotta say I'm not of the mind that the Kensei is OP at the moment. If the class is better regarding the combat system then that's really only half the fight right? Traps and bombs and stamina depleting daze moves seem to be all the rage. I can't get a straight up fight in Dominion right now without walking into a land mine or being stamina bombed or being SHOT in a sword game. Just saying...