PDA

View Full Version : The Purpose of join the SPACE MONKEY PROGRAM

Blkstooge
04-12-2018, 08:14 AM
Can one of you good souls help me understand the purpose of this program and the role we play in joining.

bananenslip
04-12-2018, 09:00 AM
Hey Blkstooge, Here in the Programm you will know the newest ideas from UBI.
You will bring good ideas in the game and will see it maybee in the game.
(This idea will come in the game :P im 100% sure :P https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1857340-Japan-s-DJ-Monk!!!? )
And maybee you will become a beta code to test the game before it will be released ^^

If you like the game and want it well, is it a good idea to be here :P
Michel Ancel said it to use directly fans as ispiration ^^

Legion-495
04-12-2018, 04:01 PM
The devs are actually watching bgegame.com and this forum very closely.
Also they spotted creative people.
Granted it will take some time since information is rare, but I have a good feeling that the devs will show us more soon.
After all it is almost a year now since BGE2 was announced.

Uhm it is unclear with betas or anything for that matter. But your chances are higher if you are here.
The Ubi guys watch us I am about certain^^ They probably just let the ideas flow and don't want to interrupt us.

Also the livestream showed in the works stuff. We will at least see how the game will be made and I am certain they would like to take your feedback.

itsCaracal
04-12-2018, 05:28 PM
space monkeys are used as sacrifices to ubi so michel and the team are able to make bge2. with the amount of fans the original had, there weren't enough souls required for the ritual which is why they started the SMP.

it's for the greater good, really.
true story

KIERROK
04-12-2018, 07:57 PM
The devs are actually watching bgegame.com and this forum very closely.
Also they spotted creative people.
Granted it will take some time since information is rare, but I have a good feeling that the devs will show us more soon.
After all it is almost a year now since BGE2 was announced.

Uhm it is unclear with betas or anything for that matter. But your chances are higher if you are here.
The Ubi guys watch us I am about certain^^ They probably just let the ideas flow and don't want to interrupt us.

Also the livestream showed in the works stuff. We will at least see how the game will be made and I am certain they would like to take your feedback.

You and your Jedi like "feelings", Legion ;) From our Twitter PMs and here, I always smirk when I see you say "I have a good feeling about <insert topic here>"
I don't know if Austria and/or Germany have a lottery, like we do in the states, but when you made a few predictions that came true, I wanted to ask what was the US - Pennsylvania's pick 4 winning numbers.

Can one of you good souls help me understand the purpose of this program and the role we play in joining.

Joking aside. Yeah, like Legion said, the devs or their... agents? are watching the forums like hawks. Early BETA access is a likely possibility but right now, your guess is as good as ours. Our suggestions are really valued by Michel Ancel and team. Now WILL our suggestions take fruit, not always, because some suggestions can't happen due to lack of technology or it wouldn't work in the story or it would be too much.

ElPrimordial
04-12-2018, 08:03 PM
space monkeys are used as sacrifices to ubi so michel and the team are able to make bge2. with the amount of fans the original had, there weren't enough souls required for the ritual which is why they started the SMP.

true story

SO TRUE!!! They're using the Large Hadron Collider as an alchemist circle to perform the biggest transmutation in modern days but they need the proper sacrifices, therefore they're using this program to select the best individuals that fulfill the highest standards required to perform a successful transmutation so BGE 2 could finally be!!!

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh BGE 2 Montpellier wgah'nagl fhtagn"

UbiBorghal
04-12-2018, 09:21 PM
The purpose of the program is to invite the community to be a part of the development process. From bgegame.com (https://bgegame.com/space-monkeys-crash-test-with-the-team/):

Join all the Space Monkeys on the dev team – and around the world – to crash-test, discuss and inspire everything from character design, to cultural influences, to the flight controls on our massive star-faring vessels… We want you by our side at the earliest stages of development and throughout production to take part in the adventure!

The devs are constantly asking questions, and we are listening to the Space Monkey's responses. The Community Team is ALWAYS reading these very forums, and you can find us on other social networks where the game is being discussed. Though we may not interfere much in the discussions in order to not sway your opinions, we are always collecting your feedback. Like Legion said, WE ARE WATCHING YOU. Not in a creepy way, though. It's totally non-creepy.

So, thank you guys for explaining what the program is better than me!

Now I can't confirm or deny the following:

true story

But this seems legit:

"Ph'nglui mglw'nafh BGE 2 Montpellier wgah'nagl fhtagn"

Legion-495
04-13-2018, 07:59 AM
You and your Jedi like "feelings", Legion ;) From our Twitter PMs and here, I always smirk when I see you say "I have a good feeling about <insert topic here>"
I don't know if Austria and/or Germany have a lottery, like we do in the states, but when you made a few predictions that came true, I wanted to ask what was the US - Pennsylvania's pick 4 winning numbers.

Well I think a recap of 1 year development will be a thing, showing progress.
I do wonder what they could probably show us tho.
Well maybe that recap will be done at E3 and it would make sense (regarding the time of announcement).
One thing is certain it is a big guessing game now when bgegame posts come. Very random lately.

I wish we could have roughly all 2 weeks a livestream like Warframe xD
BTW I do not play lottery and yes they exist. But the chances of winning there is way to small. While a bgegame post is a higher chance to guess it right because there are only 365 days a year ;)
My feeling says soon. Well probably in valvetime (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time) "coming soon" so 2 months^^

Like Legion said, WE ARE WATCHING YOU. Not in a creepy way, though. It's totally non-creepy.

I feel secure now xD

bananenslip
04-13-2018, 09:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9d_VvrOCfw
Lets send us very human to the space wrapped in Protectors XD
maybee we find a full BGE2 in space :D

K1ngthepug
04-15-2018, 05:59 PM
I think possibly, unintentionally, being part of the space monkey program has made us part of a pre release community who can come together in game when its fonally released. BGE2 is supposedly going to be a comunitive game so the idea that weve shared our wishes and goals with each other pre game will help us when we all jump into space on launch day.

bananenslip
04-15-2018, 11:15 PM
hmm sounds like alpha testing ;)