PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den April 12th

CandleInTheDark
04-11-2018, 04:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QeUSiqM13o

No infodump yet, we do know there should be patch notes unless plans have changed.

The dogs of war let slip \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Main thing this show will be patch notes. Full patch notes will be wednesday.

Patch has been approved and is next thursday. There will also be a live update.

They spoke a little about pax and their meetup. Apparently there are a good number of streamers he met coming back to the game.

Roadmap April to May, highlights are arena mode, dance of death, extra loot fest, warrior rush faction competition. Arena brings with it new maps which as usual will at some point be on the events playlist to only play those maps.

Discount on all battle outfits until 26th.

Event tribute vanquisher until the 16th.

Content of the week elite outfits

Patch notes, Stefan joins the rest of the teamm for this.

Not going into full detail of the training mode, content creators will be showing that quite likely.

The maps are called the pit, the ring and the sanctuary, one for each faction. These are straight up arena duel maps with no environmental hazards, this is said to be skill vs skill.

Asset preview, when you go into bundles, you can preview the individual content. It will also show you what you already own.

Advanced controls now has full button remapping, reassign any button. There is no zone button for those asking. One note, any button that has more than one function, (eg guardbreak/execution), they all move, that is a limit of their tech and setup.

Gear stat rebalance,a whole bunch has been reduced a few percent.

Ping will be displayed on scoreboard for all server sessions.

In PC, controller vibrates.

Balance update.

They are putting more focus and brute force behind balancing now.

Back dodge – This is normalised to 1.75 metres which was a mid value between the extremes of assassins and other heroes. Timing is 1100 ms, can be cancelled to regular combat idle stuff at 800 ms.

They have worked on elements of the assassin kit in deflect and reflex block. Deflects as with parries and blocks will trigger against multiple attacks. They have made it so that assassins can unlock after a stance change rather than wait 1100 ms. They fixed some bugs in reflex guard, they think this should fix some of the aramusha slaughter with lights issues.

More executions now ledge.

Valk and Highlander should now have all attacks with the same properties in lock and out of lock which wasn't always the case.

14 characters that have had small to large adjustments, they will hit the major points in this Den.

Conqueror: Charging shield crush used to guarantee shield bash,no longer does. Light attack damage down two from 15 to 13.

Lawbringer: Mainly bug fixes, knock knock and off with their head executions ledged opponents too soon.

Warlord: Full block stance stamina cost reduction over time reduced by 25%

Berserker: Slashing rush and zone attack have seen damage reduced 6 from 30 to 24 and the distance moved during slashing rush has been reduced.

Shugoki Demon embrace, if someone kills the opponent on Shug's back, he doesn't get the health boost. He was missing feint feedback when cancelling zone attack (along with a few other characters) and he should have this now.

Valkyrie and Kensei minor bug fixes: Visual issues during a valk execution, kensei, second top heavy could be feinted to guardbreak even out of stamina and this has been fixed.

Nobushi has a lot of visual bug fixes such as visual feedback or the weapon going through things.

Shinobi and Gladiator: Reduced back dodge speed of these characters.

Centurion: Hp increase 10 from 110 to 120 and new light heavy chain as a lot of second lights in light light were being parried. Bug fix, the game no longer believes the opponent is on the ground when wall splatted. Minor fixes such as the left light only doing 10 damage instead of 15 and skullcrush not having the properties of the haymaker feat have been fixed.

Gladiator: Bug fixes, left throw would release opponent too early and bamboozle would let an opponent get up too early, both fixed.

Highlander: Sprint attack and zone attack did a bad job of soldier killing, so there have been changes made there.

Shaman: Predator's mercy, whatever happens (even if shaman interrupted) opponent will be cleansed of bleed. Small bug fixes such as bleed ticking while the bite happens not getting the damage.

Aramusha visual changes.

They hinted reworks for orochi (not mentioned in this set of patch changes) and if I read what they were saying right peacekeeper. They are still working on reworks.

Feat fixes which they haven't gone into, there has been a lot of rebalancing and bug fixes across the board with this one.

Map fixes, some ziplines weren't working,a few fixes in tribute, dominion and duel tournaments.

Fixes on user interface, customisation, sound and (I think Roman said) ai of bots.

They fixed an issue that stopped people seeing what characters their teammates are picking. Something Damien said I missed, customisation-wise emotes are fixed.

Colour swatch issues such as some identified as attacker or defender when they don't match those have been fixed and more have been added to them from neutral.

Fixed some elements being missing on the age of wolves battle outfits and reputation outfits not unlocking.

They fixed an issue that was having people blocked by spamming the snowball emote.

More symbols on the mask outfits.

Sometimes the sound was too loud and sometimes it wasn't playing, such as on emotes, fixed several.

AI: They fixed an issue where bots could not drop attack you from ziplines.

Next live update sees the PC memory leak and not shutting down in task manager issues being fixed.

Will be updating afk timer next season, in the meantime they are revisiting the quit penalty, they are testing the idea of removing it. You still get the loss on your record. They want feedback on this. Ranked will still have penalties and they will keep an eye on if people leave matches.

First step of network latency compensation. PC first, if it goes well it will be on console a week later. This is a first step, they have more coming, it is a complicated problem.

No Q&A this week as the patch notes took so long

Dev talks

Luc spoke with a gameplay programmer called Aurelie Chevalier. Outside of her very apt name, she fights with foam weapons favouring the punch shield and longsword.

Aurelie is quite fittingly a knight, she is a warlord main because of the fighting style.

First time she met Luc was a games competition for students trying to get into the industry, her game broke on presentation day.

She has been with For Honor three years and has previously been with Shape up, Child of Light and Rainbow 6.

Proud of her efforts working on tribute and the mood on the floor in their friday test.

She is a redditer, occasionally she spots bugs in what the players are giving feedback about. Also a For Fashion-er (Monster Hunter did it since 3DS with Fashion Hunter so I well know this kind of community >.> lol).

Even the devs learn from streamers.

Community corner

And wrap

CandleInTheDark
04-11-2018, 04:16 PM
Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram: Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Tyrjo: Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

Kamen42: Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

Baggin As of right now parrying a zone counts as a heavy reward, in the future could you make it so that certain characters zone attacks like Pk, Orochi and Warden count as a lite so we can get the lite reward for it since they are harder to parry.

Kryltic: When will we get the ability to apply the visuals of lower gear to higher gear? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to keep a load of low gear items indefinitely.

We.The.North
#1 : Could we tone down AoE direct damage feats, especially when team(s) are breaking ?
#2 : Could we be allowed to vote on maps before match making ?
#3 : Could you guys dial back on hyper armor and unblockables ?
#4 : Could we remove the knockdown and + attack boost from revenge and greatly boost the defensive properties ?
#5 : Could you deal with pixel bot cheaters, like a permanent realistic mode to remove indicators needed to cheat ?

Pincopallino097: IS berserker a bit too strong now? Any little nerf coming?

Gallow-: Do you plan to add embossing and colours pattern to Conq, PK, Cent and Glad helmets?

Ngallow22: Kensei at times does not get the guaranteed light after a pommel strike.

CandleInTheDark: Could we have an update on where the team are with getting team shuffle and join in end flow working together and how high a priority it is? While I get that join in end flow is the most useful in terms of continuing matches, I have wound up the only non ai on my team and in the two and a half minutes it took for my team to be replaced with other players, we were 700-60 down.

E1seNw0Lf: "Did the fight team ever thought about to let all heros have reflex guard? (means: no hero with permanent auto-guard)"

Like Roman said in one of the earlier streams last year. When someone is starting to learn a material art, the first thing you learn is how to defend yourself (I did Wushu [including weapon training] for several years and a few others too)
- I definitly agree on that. Be forced to actively keep up the guard myself at the very right moment is something I really enjoy in this game. It makes it more interesting to me and I feel it's something essential for this type of game.
I think it could help a bit to engage the turtle mentality on several characters (whereas I dont like the typical assassin guard wiggle thingy) and the lack of some characters having no opener.

matt89connor: if i can, i want to ask: there will be changes on 4v4 modes and gear stats in the future? i think a dance of death 4v4 1 round only will be amazing

mrmistark: When will we introduce more customization? As of now, looks are very minimal changes.

Like others have expressed, zone input is a huge combat hinderence as it doesn’t work properly.

Claudius_Katt: In the outfit purchase screen there currently is no way to tell if an outfits colour can be used for defender or attacker until after purchase.
Is there any plan to put an icon/symbol on the outfit preview pane so we can know before buying them?

SpaceJim12: One about customization and how it work. Now I have a lot of armor and helmets and even more weapon parts in inventory of my character. And if I want to change outfit, I should apply every visual I want to my used parts or weapon/armor. Could we get instead something like wardrobe, where we can store visual of weapon/armor parts? So you can quickly change visual parts of your hero and don't touch your gear at all. Cause once I accidentally deleted my favorite helmet on Warden, and needed 2 rep of play on him to find it again.

Roseguard_Cpt: Would something like the "HonorGen" idea I posted ( https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...en-quot-Forums ) be a viable idea to help design content and ease some of the stress about armors and cosmetics?
Would this sort of idea actually be able to help out the teams at Ubi?

My idea is add a "HonorGen" section where people can submit their own concept art for armors, execution and ornament ideas etc. We want to participate in the game so let people have their Highlander-Rock videos in CC, but let the players give in game ideas in "HonorGen". In Warframe with TennoGen they take an idea they like, model it up and then sell it with "Designed by PlayerX" or "Inspired by PlayerY". While "HonorGen" as a name might get Ubi in trouble, the concept still stands. We can make up more ideas than you can handle, you just take the ones you like best/are best fitting, takes a few weeks to make it in the engine, then let us buy it up and give more ideas.

matt89connor: Will there be future changes on Dominion mode? Like many suggestions from players to add capitains, or some rules changes to reduce the Deathball tattics?

FredEx919
04-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Patch notes are still scheduled for tomorrow. It should be live around 12PM ET. I'll drop the link here once it's live.

(Update) Slight update to this. We'll still be covering the patch notes on the Warriors Den today, but they won't be available on the website just yet. I'll post the full notes here on the forums once I can.

Brutal_DaDo
04-11-2018, 05:06 PM
Candle mah man you’re doing a solid good job doing these recaps and when you came back doing them i was happy about it even if you had to do it in your spare time since you had new work shift, really appreciate that, but there’s no point in keeping adding these questions, how long have it been 3 weeks or so and i don’t see a single one of them getting answered! This is just my opinion and i don’t know if other people think the same, but i’m getting tires of all this “soon” “we can’t tell you this and that” it’s the same over and over with little promises kept from them

matt89connor
04-12-2018, 08:36 AM
thank you sir for the hard job...if is possibile, i want to do another question to Dev's:
-there will be future changes on Dominion mode Like many suggestions from players to add capitains, or some rules changes to reduce the Deathball tattics?

note: if is possible Mr Candle, add even this quistion, otherwise, i will replace that question next time ;)

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 01:58 PM

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

^ Man I hope this gets answered. I've wanted to know this since launch.

CandleInTheDark
04-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Candle mah man you’re doing a solid good job doing these recaps and when you came back doing them i was happy about it even if you had to do it in your spare time since you had new work shift, really appreciate that, but there’s no point in keeping adding these questions, how long have it been 3 weeks or so and i don’t see a single one of them getting answered! This is just my opinion and i don’t know if other people think the same, but i’m getting tires of all this “soon” “we can’t tell you this and that” it’s the same over and over with little promises kept from them

They had a few weeks where they only had Eric but I have seen some of these questions or questions similar enough I have deleted some, asked since keeping them here.

thank you sir for the hard job...if is possibile, i want to do another question to Dev's:
-there will be future changes on Dominion mode Like many suggestions from players to add capitains, or some rules changes to reduce the Deathball tattics?

note: if is possible Mr Candle, add even this quistion, otherwise, i will replace that question next time ;)

I've added it but the devs answered a similar question a while back saying they currently had no ideas over deathball tactics.

^ Man I hope this gets answered. I've wanted to know this since launch.

There are a few funny things, like how to me the female conqueror has the male conqueror Rah when it is yours that rahs.

Dry.Fish
04-12-2018, 11:44 PM
I'm curious about the deflect change and did they say you can deflect Berzerker's zone.

Shawn2572013
04-13-2018, 06:23 AM
They said if you deflect the first hit of Zerks zone you would automatically deflect the second and third hits as well.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 07:45 AM
So what i've gleamed from reading the internet:

~Everyone gets 1.75 meter back dash distance. back dash recovery for everyone will be 1100ms. But you can perform actions at 800ms. Meaning if you raw back dash something the opponent will always be able to do something to punish you. But you can attempt to do something else before that. And if your opponent figures out what you're doing they'll be able to punish it potentially. Like you might be able to back dash twice but get caught by running attacks/gb. Or a side dodge attack but can be parried. etc. 800ms is also pretty decent in terms of recovery as well. meaning feint into GB on reaction will likely work instead of needing to be on read. Curious if it will effect someones ability to roll right away or not.

~Cent is getting 10hp to bring him to 120hp, a bug fix (I forget it,) and a light into heavy combo. This means from neutral lights can be used for more than just a raw interrupt. and it means if he manages to land a kick or a jab he'll flow straight into his unblockable soft feint mix up. It's a pretty smart fix. For average play at least. Jab and kick are pretty much dodged on reaction nearly constantly at my level. So unsure how effective it will be.

~Goki doesn't get HP from hug if his allies kill the person mid hug.

~orochi, valk, and pk all hinted at being messed with in some capacity for season 6.

~able to remap buttons. Zone can't be remapped due to how it's inputted and the interaction with zone option selects.

~new lag comp system seeks to clear up some visual issues when it comes to blocking or thinking you blocked when you didn't. Simply speaking there is a 33ms delay on all offensive related actions (dictated in the post they made about the system) and certain interactions as well in order to make things more understandable. It's being dropped with the next patch and they're very much looking for feedback to see ways to improve it further.

~arena/training mode is coming in the next patch.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. deflects are getting buffed. they will now auto deflect multiple attacks like parry does with multiple attacks. and they gain the uninteruptable stance. meaning you don't care about HA attacks. Now if the delay on the startup was removed deflects would be perfect.

Charmzzz
04-13-2018, 08:46 AM
So what i've gleamed from reading the internet:

~Everyone gets 1.75 meter back dash distance. back dash recovery for everyone will be 1100ms. But you can perform actions at 800ms. Meaning if you raw back dash something the opponent will always be able to do something to punish you. But you can attempt to do something else before that. And if your opponent figures out what you're doing they'll be able to punish it potentially. Like you might be able to back dash twice but get caught by running attacks/gb. Or a side dodge attack but can be parried. etc. 800ms is also pretty decent in terms of recovery as well. meaning feint into GB on reaction will likely work instead of needing to be on read. Curious if it will effect someones ability to roll right away or not.

~Cent is getting 10hp to bring him to 120hp, a bug fix (I forget it,) and a light into heavy combo. This means from neutral lights can be used for more than just a raw interrupt. and it means if he manages to land a kick or a jab he'll flow straight into his unblockable soft feint mix up. It's a pretty smart fix. For average play at least. Jab and kick are pretty much dodged on reaction nearly constantly at my level. So unsure how effective it will be.

~Goki doesn't get HP from hug if his allies kill the person mid hug.

~orochi, valk, and pk all hinted at being messed with in some capacity for season 6.

~able to remap buttons. Zone can't be remapped due to how it's inputted and the interaction with zone option selects.

~new lag comp system seeks to clear up some visual issues when it comes to blocking or thinking you blocked when you didn't. Simply speaking there is a 33ms delay on all offensive related actions (dictated in the post they made about the system) and certain interactions as well in order to make things more understandable. It's being dropped with the next patch and they're very much looking for feedback to see ways to improve it further.

~arena/training mode is coming in the next patch.

Nice changes. I am excited about the PK and Valk reworks / tweaks. Maybe I pick up Valk after, I was always interested in her but her current state pushed me away.

So, they removed the 100ms "Timesnap" (and completely broke PK with it), now they add a 33ms "Lag Compensation". Wow. They could just have reduced the 100ms "Timesnap" to 33ms and would be done... Took them just 5 months, pretty pathetic imo. Hopefully this will fix the PK chain cancel bugs.

The Cent buff sounds good. Goki fix is Ok, but I think he will need some more tweaks to become less boring to play and frustrating to play against.

Knight_Raime
04-13-2018, 12:08 PM
Nice changes. I am excited about the PK and Valk reworks / tweaks. Maybe I pick up Valk after, I was always interested in her but her current state pushed me away.

So, they removed the 100ms "Timesnap" (and completely broke PK with it), now they add a 33ms "Lag Compensation". Wow. They could just have reduced the 100ms "Timesnap" to 33ms and would be done... Took them just 5 months, pretty pathetic imo. Hopefully this will fix the PK chain cancel bugs.

The Cent buff sounds good. Goki fix is Ok, but I think he will need some more tweaks to become less boring to play and frustrating to play against.

i'm like 90% sure valk is also getting a light into heavy.
i'm curious on what they will do to pk if anything. But I bet it's going to be polarizing either way. If they actually manage to fix/nerf her zone option select in a decent way I'll be surprised.
Well I mean. Think about the parry changes. Plenty of people suggested exactly what we got but it took them months to field test it. I bet they were trying to come up with other solutions before defaulting to this one. They do indicate in some instances of timing will be different. and technically it's different than time snap. because time snap had a universal delay on all actions. this one does not.

Shawn2572013
04-13-2018, 07:41 PM
Patch notes are still scheduled for tomorrow. It should be live around 12PM ET. I'll drop the link here once it's live.

(Update) Slight update to this. We'll still be covering the patch notes on the Warriors Den today, but they won't be available on the website just yet. I'll post the full notes here on the forums once I can.

Will the input delay/lag compensation be for all aspects of the game. Meaning is it for both games played on the server and p2p? Because the lag effects p2p as well.
Thank you

CandleInTheDark
04-14-2018, 06:49 PM
Recap is up in full

SpaceJim12
04-14-2018, 11:25 PM
You know, good to see some devs new faces, someone who stays in the shadow. Nice part of Dens.

SphericalChip53
04-15-2018, 06:18 PM
i'm like 90% sure valk is also getting a light into heavy.

Oh god I hope not. Remember in Valk's kit, she can replace any chain-ending heavy with a spear sweep, so giving her a new light-heavy combo will be giving her now the fastest access to a spear sweep. And with further consideration this sounds horrible for gank situations because it's just adding more unblockable/unparriable CC, especially one that knocks the gankee down. My biggest concern is weather this can be chained off of a whiffed light, or if the light has to land first.
A really dirty tactic I use on glad in ganks is to deliberately whiff a heavy, and then abuse the long distance of the skewer to fly at the gankee while probably off screen and get that sweet bleed damage + pin.