PDA

View Full Version : Just a repost what I believe would be the PERFECT VALKYRIE REWORK.

Trenk2009
04-11-2018, 01:01 PM
MIX UPS

1- Give her a light + heavy chain

2- Give her a heavy + heavy chain

3- Make it so her shield bashes can be linked into an heavy starter, not only a light.

As of right now the second attack of a valk chain will ALWAYS be a light, making it a 90% parried move at high level of play. By giving her those 3 points above, her mix up game will become viable.

4- Make it so her heavy starters of any chain can be soft feinted into a light in another direction. This, coupled with the point above should give her even more mix up while still being totally fair because of the speed of her heavys. Also, the light should also have enough tracking capability to catch an opponent going for a preventive sweep dodge.

DAMAGE OUT PUT

1- Make it so any of her controling move (shield bash, sweep, push ...) deals a small amount of damage (like the raider knee to the face), thus virtually increasing her damage while still focusing her play still around mix-up and fight control. (DPSecond increase while DPStrike still the same)

2- Make it so a strike landed on a unbalanced ennemy deals twice the damages, thus increasing her damage output and virtually making sweep risk/reward ratio viable.

RECOVERIES

1- Reduce the sweep recovery so valk can only be gb out of a sweep dodge. No more top heavy or cent max punish, and no gb on wake up please.

2- Gb whiff recovery. Just why ? Why so long ?

3- Shield tackle recovery. Hardest melee attack to get in, yet easiest one to punish, EVEN THO it literally guarantees nothing if not fully charged. Dumb af. Reduce the recovery of the uncharged one so that it can't be punished by something else than a dodged attack (ex: berserk spinning chop, etc ...)

OPENER ?

1- Make the second part of her zone attack unblocable (optional)

STAMINA

1- Reduced her stamina consume overall but don't simply increase her stamina pool, so she's able to keep up her mix up game a long time while still being vulnerable to out of stam when parried.

As you probably understood by now; I don't think the valkyrie simply need some damage. I think that the valkyrie is a superbly designed hero on the paper, she simply needs more ways to keep her ennemies on their feet and guessing so she can work her way out. By giving her tons of other mix up capability and increasing her damage a bit, you make her the perfectly designed hero: fair/balanced and hard to master. Please do something like that to her, she deserve better than the way she currently is.

Tirik22x
04-11-2018, 07:30 PM
Is that all?

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 07:46 PM
One other thing:

Have her heavy after a sweep allow for executions, just like the HL.

BTTrinity
04-11-2018, 07:52 PM
I dont play valk, but this sounds pretty dope.

I also agree with Firefly.

Siegfried-Z
04-12-2018, 10:19 AM
It is not dope, try to play her you gonna understand the point.

She deffinitly need all of this or a good part at least to gave up from bottom tier chars.

Just i would say the Zone with second part unblocable and feintable like the Aramusha one is more than optional as it could be her biggest opening :)