PDA

View Full Version : Just went 14 - 50

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 02:09 AM
against a level TWO aramusha bot. Lost horribly, all wins felt like luck, and I learned absolutely nothing.

Please help me.
Please ****ing help me.

I'm this close to quitting because I've been struggling impossibly against this guy for almost two seasons now. I can barely see his attacks, most dodges or blocks are pure luck. I don't even see when to attack.

I don't want to give up on For Honor, I love this game. There's got to be a way I can learn. I've gone up against the bot over 400 matches now.... I hate myself. I kinda want to just kill myself.

Alustar.
04-11-2018, 02:21 AM
That's honestly how I feel about him. Do you play assassin? If so that's a large pay of the problem right out the gate. It's SO much easier for heroes with persistent block to handle it's maddening.

If you are an assassin, I advise playing a defensive/distance game. That way you limit his options and force him to be easier read. If her does catch you try and read his attacks best you can, the forward dodge into his top attacks for deflect works best, and back rolling will always put distance between you. The only problem is his speed versus hit stun. I personally think it's a load of bs that he's fast enough to essentially hit stun an assassin to death if he catches you in the light flurry. if you notice that he starts feinting, just attack. Often times it doesn't matter how, just let something fly to interrupt him. Hope it helps!

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 02:33 AM
Well, I want to be honest that it doesn't matter who I play. The only two heroes who I feel I have a chance with are the HL and Shaman; HL because I have the range and damage advantage, and Shaman because of Shaman things haha.

I do have a slightly easier time blocking him with the Warden and Valk, the latter of which I was playing tonight, but I still usually end up getting destroyed. Every vid I watvh too just shows an Aramusha who doesn't go into insane combo'ing.

I have not tried throwing out a light when he feints. Seems so obvious, but god damn am I in a panic in that moment even after all this time. Thanks for the tip, I'll try another 50 to 100 rounds tomorrow before work.

Dry.Fish
04-11-2018, 02:52 AM
On bots I usually feint a heavy to bait his BB

DoodTheMan
04-11-2018, 04:15 AM
If you haven't you should try playing as him for some reps. That's how I learned to fight him. I couldn't fight him at all before I learned how to do his heavy finisher-feints. And it wasn't like an aha moment "oh that's how you do it!" I just realized one day that I was blocking Musha, feints and all.

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 12:19 PM
I have him to level 19 but would rather not get a rep. I hate playing as him and I have enough reps wasted between other characters as is.

Another big issue im having is that it seems like the window to dodge his attacks is the smallest in the game. Like, absurbly small. I have yet to dodge through the unblockable as was suggested on this forum, but I have dodged away from it a few times.

MumfordDaHound
04-11-2018, 12:31 PM
Don't want to rep up with him? What's that got to do with anything?

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Don't want to rep up with him? What's that got to do with anything?

Oh, because my time is limited as is. I am already moaning about having the time to play in the Duel Tournament.

MumfordDaHound
04-11-2018, 02:48 PM
Ah

Crosstails20
04-11-2018, 03:23 PM
Maybe you can do what us Smash players do. Find someone who plays a character who you are having trouble playing against and are relatively the same skill level, make them your friend, then play with them to improve your skill in the matchup and as a player.

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 03:49 PM
Maybe you can do what us Smash players do. Find someone who plays a character who you are having trouble playing against and are relatively the same skill level, make them your friend, then play with them to improve your skill in the matchup and as a player.

Actually, that's an excellent idea. A friend plays Ara and to paraphrase his skill level, he finds the character to be easy mode. I'll ask him to Duel this weekend.

Vakris_One
04-11-2018, 03:50 PM
against a level TWO aramusha bot. Lost horribly, all wins felt like luck, and I learned absolutely nothing.

Please help me.
Please ****ing help me.

I'm this close to quitting because I've been struggling impossibly against this guy for almost two seasons now. I can barely see his attacks, most dodges or blocks are pure luck. I don't even see when to attack.

I don't want to give up on For Honor, I love this game. There's got to be a way I can learn. I've gone up against the bot over 400 matches now.... I hate myself. I kinda want to just kill myself.
Don't start thinking like that man, take a bit of a break from fighting him. 400 matches against any single character would drive me up the wall as well, let alone against one I don't like fighting :)

What is your general approach when fighting Mushu? Are you more aggressive or more defensive against him? What characters do you use?

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 03:54 PM
Last night was with my Valk, but I also fail hard with my Warden, Orochi, and PK. Shaman and HL can sometimes handle him.

I've tried all things, though defensive has barely worked. Most of my 14 wins last night were from being aggressive and super lucky. It was only a level 2 bot after all, and so even though it can kick ***, it also messes up.

Vakris_One
04-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Last night was with my Valk, but I also fail hard with my Warden, Orochi, and PK. Shaman and HL can sometimes handle him.

I've tried all things, though defensive has barely worked. Most of my 14 wins last night were from being aggressive and super lucky. It was only a level 2 bot after all, and so even though it can kick ***, it also messes up.
The main thing that makes Mushu go home and rethink his life is blocking and/or parrying his lights and not falling for his feints into GB from a cancelled top dash heavy or a cancelled zone. He doesn't have anything to answer that with and his only option is to double down and keep doing the same things until either he dies or his opponent does.

Going all out aggressive against him is a risky proposition because of his blade blockade unless you have unblockables, which is why the Highlander is a good, aggressive counter to Mushu what with his ability to trade with a spam happy Mushu and also not give much of a hoot about being baited into a blade blockade once he's gone full Scottish in offensive stance. Valk is underpowered against most of the roster unless you've been maining her religiously since Dinosaurs ruled the Earth so she's not the best option against Musha. Although that being said she does have a useful anti-Mushu tool in her arsenal - her back dash shield charge when he goes spam happy.

PK, Orochi and Shaman are susceptible to being stun locked because of their reflex guard, the only way to try and get out of Mushu's stun lock is to catch a block. Dodging and rolling back will not work as you will just be stunned into oblivion. They each have their own options against him though. PK has her imperious zone which is an option select against anyone and everyone, Mushu included, but she can also bait out his blade blockade with heavy feints and give him a pretty good mind game dilemma between her lights, heavy feints and zone select.

Shaman can just be a Shaman to him and do her business without much of a game change on her part other than watching not to get stun locked. When caught in his light chain she can deflect for a bleed and then play the "will I, won't I jump you" game. Although Mushu isn't the easiest character for her to jump since he can react with his lights but then she can also answer that with her lunge attack.

Orochi is the least consistently reliable of these 3 assassins against the magic Mr. Mushu. Of the three of them she is the only one that has to go defensive since her aggressive options from neutral are top light - very susceptible to blade blockade - and zone which is a predictable block or even a BB if Mushu pre-empts it correctly. So Oro is then sat staring at the barrel end of Mushu's infinite deadly feint chain more so that the other two assassins, which as a reflex guard hero is not a favourable position to be in against DJ Aramush ready to drop the beat down on that candy asz.

However, Oro has one of the single best answers to Mushu's light chain, everybody's party favourite: the Riptide Strike! If you learn to read the rhythm of his light chain as it pounds on you, you will be able to successfully drop a Riptide Strike on him very consistently. Human Mushu players will eventually lose the will to live and the bot will just keep trying it till it dies. Oro also has light deflect but it most often ends in a trade if Mushu is in full light chain mode so it's not ideal. Riptide is a very powerful counter to his light chain so if you're an Orochi determined to bring down Mushu's totalitarian regime and free your peoples from oppression then you should definitely practice it.

Warden has almost nothing with which to go aggressive against a Mushu with. Feints and SB from neutral will get eaten up by Mushu's lights all day, every day with a side order of Udon noodles and wasabi. He has the same difficulty as Orochi in that his options from neutral are a top light or zone, both susceptible to block and blade blockade. Warden's best advantage against this invasion of his holy land by Mushu are his counter attack combos from a parry and from guard crush. Guard crush is especially well suited to punishing Mushu's reliance on always having to return to that top light. After every guard crush follow up with a shoulder bash, learn how mushu reacts to that and punish accordingly. Does he dodge often? Soft feint to GB and grab yourself a fist full of Kimono boy's cute looking bath robe. Does he stay in place? Proceed with the bash and follow up with double side light. Does he roll away? Screw him, you didn't want his blood on your helmet anyway! But now he's that much more tired of your Deus Vulting.

After a guard crush the Mushu has no way of throwing out a light fast enough to stuff out your SB as far as I know so in the words of Han Solo, "You're all clear kid." The other way to punish him is to parry his lights. Between parrying his attacks and guard crushing his top light/heavy you give Mushu almost no place to go other than his zone and feinting for a GB. With Warden it's all about the basics, no fancy stuff. Be patient and methodical and above all don't panic.

Other heroes to consider using against Mushu are:

- Shugoki: aka Thicc boi. Passive hyper armour allows you to cut straight through Mushu's attack. Make sure you always use a light and always, and I do mean always, follow up with a headbutt. Stops Mushu dead and wastes a ton of stamina. Parry and block while you wait to get your hyper armour back up. Read his pattern and interrupt with a GB into a wall splat into Demon's Embrace to get any lost health back. Rinse and repeat. Fair warning though, if you get panicked or flummuxed by the deadly feint chain then Shugo can go down quite fast, which is no way for a fat man to die.

- Beserker: aka hyper armour spam. Go ham and trade with Mushu till he dead. You've got everything he has only better plus you become uninterruptible and he don't. Watch out for the smart ones who will figure this out and use blade blockade to try and even the odds. Laugh at them as you feint into GB to scupper BB. When in a pinch against his light chain, deflect + GB. Zerker has a strong answer for pretty much everything Mushu can do. Plus Mushu has Zerker envy ever since Zerky's buff so that gives you the psycological salty butt hurt edge.

- Lawbringer: aka Lawbro. aka shove me baby one more time. Block shove, block shove, block shove. Have I mentioned block shove? Every block gets a shove and Mushu won't even be able to start a basic chain without backing off and wiffing his first light. Parry into choo choo push up against wall and get a big unblockable hit. Lawbro style isn't exactly exciting but it works and gets the job done.

That turned out a longer read than I originally intended but I thought might as well give it everything. Hope it helps and sorry for the long read :)

Dry.Fish
04-11-2018, 05:59 PM
Valk is underpowered against most of the roster unless you've been maining her religiously since Dinosaurs ruled the Earth so she's not the best option against Musha. Although that being said she does have a useful anti-Mushu tool in her arsenal - her back dash shield charge when he goes spam happy.
Lul.. I don't know what it's like in PC world but on console you'll most likely be stunned out of it because the all block take to long to activate. You almost have to predict it or feint into it.

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 07:43 PM
Lul.. I don't know what it's like in PC world but on console you'll most likely be stunned out of it because the all block take to long to activate. You almost have to predict it or feint into it.

So very true, but it still could work contextually.

Regardless, I appreciate all the advice and will continue to try and improve.

BadBOO17
04-12-2018, 01:34 AM
I just block upwards and try to react with the sides. I still dont completely understand mushas but this works for me

Vakris_One
04-12-2018, 02:12 AM
It would only work as a pre-emptive attempt to deny him the opportunity to start his chain for those that don't want to deal with his deadly feints. If you're already getting hit by the light chain you obviously won't be able to initiate the all block. Not unless you time it perfectly with one of his soft feints but that's the realm of guess work and luck.

Might as well use all the tools a character has as long as one is smart about how they use them.

Dry.Fish
04-12-2018, 02:48 AM
Might as well use all the tools a character has as long as one is smart about how they use them.
For real though, don't accidentally superior light a Warden's zone. Yeah you countered it but you could of possibly had a better punish like a deflect or parry.

Veerdin-Wraith
04-12-2018, 11:59 AM
As somebody who recently played a lot of Aramusha, here's my advice on what always messed me up:

Block.

Don't parry, don't dodge, don't deflect and don't try to interrupt; block. Aramusha's biggest strength is his ability to chain hits on you like crazy and mix them up on the fly, but, apart from his Zone attack and a counter move from Blade Blockade, almost all his attacks can be blocked.

All it takes is a single block and his combo stops dead. Once that happens, you have your opening: Get a hit in, and if you can, guard break him or try and land some kind of CC hit, and then start playing defensive again the moment he starts his combo up again.

Aramusha is an Assassin killer precisely because he's so good against everything but blocking. Parries, dodges, deflects and interrupts are all far harder to use on him because he can attack so quickly and mix up his attack patterns in a split second, but if you play a Heavy hero - especially Conqueror or Warlord - you'll find you can stop his onslaughts dead. Aramusha struggles against defensive targets. Lawbringer is also pretty good against him. Not so much Shugoki or Highlander, though, because they both rely more on Hyperarmour, which Aramusha can usually cut through.

The sad fact is that if you main an Assassin, you're in trouble. Reflex block is much harder to use against him, and that's just the way the dice rolls. If you're not set on maining an Assassin, though, and don't care what class you play as long as you can beat Aramusha? My advice is go for Conqueror. Ever since the rework, Conq' is like a brick wall against Aramusha, play defensive and use the counterattacks from successful blocks, and you'll shut that duel-wielding weeb down faster than he can say "Nani!?"

Enollis
04-12-2018, 02:47 PM
you could wait for the Arena mode and give him the exact feint rotations other players have i think arena mode will change a lot of things in this game. Or train by only making him do lights from a certain side like that you will probably get the timing. But someone suggested playing with a friend. That would be my suggestion too if your time is already limited. But I don't really see much ara's out there on pc tbh...

EvoX.
04-12-2018, 04:44 PM
Could you post a video of your playstyle? It would be easier to give concrete advice if I could see where you're having difficulty.

Is reacting to lights what you're having trouble with or his deadly feints once he gets his combo going?

But I don't really see much ara's out there on pc tbh...

Aramusha on PC are as rare as Valkyries. It makes me sad, I love both classes.

Card1acArrest
04-15-2018, 11:58 PM
we played 4v4 yesterday and there were 2 aras on other team. one did like 15-0 vs a not too much weaker team.

played my orochi but i would just die in 2 seconds. he is rep 9 and usually ok.

boring. Ara agreed it was cheesy as hell vs assassins.

thanks for riptide rip.

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 12:48 AM
I look forward to watching that as soon as I have power (and wifi) again

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 03:23 AM
Holy f***ing s*** I am jealous of your CC ability. I almost never even bother trying because it doesn't work.

Meh, f*** it, I'll never be able to beat him. I can't even see how you knew what to do. If I didn't know better I would call it the luckiest guess work I've ever seen.

HazelrahFirefly
04-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Wait, I forgot we are about to get a latency fix, and more likely in the future. I still need to hold out hope that this by is the reason I do so poorly against Ara. It's only two days away after all.