PDA

View Full Version : Syndicate on PS4 (questions before buying)

show_stoppa
04-10-2018, 05:57 PM
I am planning to get Syndicate on PS4 and wanted to ask about which edition to buy.

I am currently deciding between either getting the standard edition or the gold edition.

My first question is, does the Dreadful Crimes DLC comes with the standard edition on PS4 or Gold edition, or both or neither?

My second question is, are the DLCs of Jack ripper and Maharaja worth to buy the Gold edition? How long is the gameplay time for each of them?

My third question is, are the extra perks in Gold Edition like the XP boost only available to the season pass holder, or also to the secondary account on the same console? I share my console with my brother, and we buy only digitals, and everything is bought on his account. So will the perks be only available to him as technically he will become the season pass holder, or will they be also available for me? In Origins, i was able to play both DLCs, but didnt get the Helix and 3 skill points because I was the secondary user.

My last question is, is there any stuff which is cool to get but does not come with the Gold edition?

I just finished Origins, and have already played black flag, so am going to buy Syndicate now as I can't wait for the next Assassins creed game to arrive.

thanks,

adster01
04-10-2018, 07:03 PM
hi, AC Syndicate is an excellent game one of my favs i couldn't put it down i have the gold edition and from what i remember nothing comes with the standard version just the base game but that aside all the DLC i enjoyed playing its worth buying in my opinion you wont be disappointed syndicate is the first AC game i got 100% in as it was so good i just wanted to do everything in it

hope that helps

BananaBlighter
04-10-2018, 08:58 PM
See this link: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025068/Assassin-s-Creed-Syndicate-Season-Pass-FAQ

The Dreadful Crimes DLC already comes with the standard PS4 edition, which is great because they were some of the best missions in the game (I feel bad for Xbox users).

I quite liked the Jack the Ripper DLC, but I know a lot of people that really didn't. The campaign was a few hours but I quite enjoyed it and liked that we got to see a slightly older Jacob and Evie. The new game mechanics they introduced were a bit gimmicky but still quite different and pretty fun. The open world map gives you access to two boroughs (Whitechapel and City of London) and these areas are populated with a few side missions like the main game. It's been a long time since I played it though so I don't remember much other than thinking it was pretty good.

The Last Maharaja consists of 10 missions which are all of similar length to the main game ones (10-20 mins). They were very varied and had interesting gameplay moments, but they felt unpolished and rushed (especially the cutscenes, which slowly decreased in quality from mission to mission). The mini-story contained in these missions was nothing special but entertaining enough to keep you playing them. Overall it was relatively short but Ubi managed to pack a lot of good stuff into these 10 missions despite it not feeling super polished.

I have no idea whether those extra perks will carry on, but if they didn't in Origins then I doubt they will here. If I had to guess I'd say no.

The other stuff you get is a couple extra missions and the Darwin and ****ens conspiracy, which was a set of 3 or 4 missions that told a short mini-story involving both Darwin and ****ens. TBH these missions were all a bit silly, though if you like that kind of thing then it could be worth it. You also get a bunch of gear which you can mostly ignore, though the outfits are quite unique looking.

show_stoppa
04-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Thanks alot guys for your detailed replies. Now all I have to do is wait for some sale, so I can get the Gold edition.

btw, its funny how the name of one of the mission packs i.e Darwin, cannot be written without it being censored, on forum of the very game it belongs to.

Vovanella95
04-14-2018, 11:30 AM
I recommend to buy gold edition. DLC about crimes in my view not very exciting. But DLC about Jack the Reaper is very nice! All at all Syndicate is excellent game! I've finished it on 100% syncronization on my PC. Also missions with Winston Cherchel (sorry for mistakes) is nice and looks special. But it's included in main game, it's not DLC.