PDA

View Full Version : Why does Shinobi's super sprint suck so badly?

PepsiBeastin
04-10-2018, 05:00 AM
Not only is his normal sprint speed mediocre, his special sprint ability only adds 10% speed at most. For it being literally the only reason the move exists, it seems pretty useless.

ChampionRuby50g
04-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Yeah it’s so useless he can outrun the entire roster with it, and no one can catch him! Sucks right? What’s worse is that he has the best mobility in the game, another useless feature so they should just buff that too!

Vrbas1
04-10-2018, 10:09 AM
Yeah I'm not sure what you're complaining about bro. I can't imagine what you think would be an appropriate buff seeing how he can already outrun every hero and ****ing teleport around the map like mad scientist on crack.

PepsiBeastin
04-10-2018, 04:58 PM
For all of you saying he can outrun anyone with it, do you forget that half the cast has have ******ed jump tracking that don't care how fast you are? Also, I'm pretty sure shaman's mad dash into a jump heavy/bite is faster too.

BTTrinity
04-10-2018, 07:06 PM
Yeah it’s so useless he can outrun the entire roster with it, and no one can catch him! Sucks right? What’s worse is that he has the best mobility in the game, another useless feature so they should just buff that too!

By best mobility in the game, you mean Shaman easily outruns him then sure. Hell, she can keep up with him just by spamming her dash attack......

SA1MON_Majestic
04-10-2018, 07:07 PM
Sure the speed boost isn't huge, but that's because they don't want the game to be just shinobis super sprinting out of every situation. In my opinion Cents and Shinobis are two of the most annoying and boring characters to play against. All shinobis do is teleport-kick-light-kick-heavy-and then run away and repeat. They have no other combo, so yeah, making it more difficult for shinobis to run away is fine by me.

PepsiBeastin
04-10-2018, 07:39 PM
Sure the speed boost isn't huge, but that's because they don't want the game to be just shinobis super sprinting out of every situation. In my opinion Cents and Shinobis are two of the most annoying and boring characters to play against. All shinobis do is teleport-kick-light-kick-heavy-and then run away and repeat. They have no other combo, so yeah, making it more difficult for shinobis to run away is fine by me.

For top-tier shinobis, I don't think there is a single move that gets unused.

ChampionRuby50g
04-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Oh no, one hero who also happens to be an assassin can catch Shinobi while in super sprint, while using a feat to do so, or one very specific move that woul put them in a disadvantage and open to a guard break.... this must mean the super sprint is useless!

Crosstails20
04-10-2018, 09:52 PM
It is not bad, Shinobies can run away easily and with that, no one can catch them.

DoctorMcBatman
04-10-2018, 09:53 PM
This reminds me, PK's lunge really needs a buff. Can it be twice as fast and go twice as far? Thanks.

BTTrinity
04-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Oh no, one hero who also happens to be an assassin can catch Shinobi while in super sprint, while using a feat to do so, or one very specific move that woul put them in a disadvantage and open to a guard break.... this must mean the super sprint is useless!

good luck guard breaking someone who runs faster than any cat you've ever seen in your life.

Her regular sprint>Shinobis (Should not be the case, Shinobi should be THE FASTEST in the game... Theres a reason he has 100HP)

PepsiBeastin
04-10-2018, 11:35 PM
good luck guard breaking someone who runs faster than any cat you've ever seen in your life.

Her regular sprint>Shinobis (Should not be the case, Shinobi should be THE FASTEST in the game... Theres a reason he has 100HP)

This is basically what I was trying to get at. He's supposed to be the fastest, and when people aren't abusing jumps or shaman's stupid charge, he barely even outruns others.

ChampionRuby50g
04-11-2018, 02:40 AM
OP said super sprint “sucks so badly” and that “it’s useless”.
I’m making the point that it’s neither of those, especially just because one hero can potentially catch them, and not 100% of the time either. OP also mentioned the Shaman using the pounce to catch as well, which you can GB on dodge. So if you were paying attention, and not focusing on running away the entire time you could punish. Same thing applies to the leaping attack, if you pay attention you can still turn and react accordingly.

“Barely outruns others” - Oh yeah, that explains why I’ve seen so many Shinobis who are the last alive spend literal minutes been able to run away from 4 people who don’t have a chance to catch them unless the Shinobi slips up, they have their own Shinobi, or you get in front of them with smart play and a good flank.