PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, you need more devs.

Tirik22x
04-10-2018, 12:15 AM
You are crazy to put this game on the back burner as far as prioritization. You have a ONE OF A KIND game, that can make you a LOT more money if you offer more dev power, which would enable you to fix/create/add to the game more often.

Your pace is really irritating ppl, and making many leave, even tho they would love to stay if you cared more about the upkeep and additions to this game.

More devs... youíre crazy if you donít realize this.

Again, you have NO COMPETITORS with this title. Right now if you had enough devs to pump out 2 new heroes, a new map, and new a set of new armor for 2-3 heroes, every season, could you imagine the hype that would surround this game?!

You, right now have the opportunity of a lifetime, as game developmers, to build a dynasty!

We want armor, and heroes, and content... and we WILL pay you for it. Get your act together and letís, together, breathe life back into this wonderful concept that is For Honor.

Anomynion
04-10-2018, 12:23 AM
This is so true it hurts...

The only reason why people still play this game is because thereís no other comparable game on the market. Once competition appears, Ubisoft will have to either cede their monopoly to the next developer or majorly step up their game.

Tirik22x
04-10-2018, 12:53 AM
This is so true it hurts...

The only reason why people still play this game is because thereís no other comparable game on the market. Once competition appears, Ubisoft will have to either cede their monopoly to the next developer or majorly step up their game.

They really need to take this advice before they miss out on a golden opportunity.

Thereís SO much more money to be made here, if they get the ball rolling again.

Alustar.
04-10-2018, 01:24 PM
I think they know this and that's part of the problem, complacency is a huge part in this. Hell I know I can do character models and minor animation work. If anyone else is interested I say we start work on a title right now and work to make a proper version. Wouldn't be hard to follow the morsel already set and do it the justice it should have been dealt.
Who's with me!? :D

Knight_Raime
04-10-2018, 01:53 PM
I don't think it's a lack of man power. But a lack of direction. They seem to understand the flaws people post. But often struggle executing properly on them.

Titanodragon
04-10-2018, 04:33 PM
I don't think it's a lack of man power. But a lack of direction. They seem to understand the flaws people post. But often struggle executing properly on them.

Idk for them to say they can't make true new armors designs for characters because it takes too much time kinda leads me to think they don't have a large team. Everything takes ages to release and we all know they need to trademark "soon". It's just annoying how the devs are handling this game.

HazelrahFirefly
04-10-2018, 04:36 PM
I'm extremely suspicious of the manpower that remains behind FH as well. I've never seen a game that takes this long for even the smallest thing.

I greatly fear that Ubisoft has pulled the supports and just want this game to make some more steel sales before it dies out.

guor6800
04-10-2018, 04:46 PM
I'm extremely suspicious of the manpower that remains behind FH as well. I've never seen a game that takes this long for even the smallest thing.

I greatly fear that Ubisoft has pulled the supports and just want this game to make some more steel sales before it dies out.

Doubt it. We have been going with this pace since launch.

I don't really know if it's a matter of numbers. I agree with Raime on this that is the lack of vision that destroyed the title.

And according to the few last dens I'm beginning to seriously doubt their competence as well.

Alustar.
04-10-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm inclined to start agreeing with most of the sentiments that Ubisoft didn't have this title in their minds when making decisions. We could debate the reasons all day, but the symptoms are there. In fact they have been there for a while, we are just now seeing them become glaringly obvious. Word was that most of the "new" content release was already pretty much done by the time season two kicked off, and the dev team had been left with a skeleton crew to handle topical issues as they arose. We can see signs of that more clearly now.
I personally find this sad and borderline insulting. How can you expect (as a company) to have any loyal player base when you don't even see your own projects through? Need an example? Take a look at final fantasy 15, they are going in for ANOTHER round of dlc season pass to expand an already massive story. So, why can't Ubisoft follow a similar path? Why can't this company throw in more of that huge profit they got from launch into making this game the experience we have been crying out for? Because let's face it, it's not like the Assassin's Creed franchise is really that great anymore. Is really like to be able to think about playing for honor and feel the way I did months ago...

Kahuf1
04-10-2018, 07:29 PM
I think they know this and that's part of the problem, complacency is a huge part in this. Hell I know I can do character models and minor animation work. If anyone else is interested I say we start work on a title right now and work to make a proper version. Wouldn't be hard to follow the morsel already set and do it the justice it should have been dealt.
Who's with me!? :D

Im in! Can do some images or artworks and I worked as IT Tester did historical fencing too so have ideas about moves and some posibilities :) Love history and fantasy.

PM me and we can find some other to start ;)

Tirik22x
04-10-2018, 08:31 PM

Itís both, and thatís obvious.

I feel like the 6 guys that still show up twice each week to work on this game, just sit around and eat pizza, laugh at memes, then during the last 5 minutes of their 8 your shift, talk to each other about ďwhat theyíre going to do next weekĒ.

DoctorMcBatman
04-10-2018, 08:55 PM
The premise of this thread is juvenile; as is much of the discussion in it. I keep trying to type up defenses for Ubisoft, but they don't make it easy for someone to defend. @Ubisoft, want to pull back the curtain and tell us what's going on, who's working on the game, and what the end-goal/vision is for the project? If not, you'll keep getting these threads.

Tirik22x
04-10-2018, 10:44 PM
The premise of this thread is juvenile; as is much of the discussion in it. I keep trying to type up defenses for Ubisoft, but they don't make it easy for someone to defend. @Ubisoft, want to pull back the curtain and tell us what's going on, who's working on the game, and what the end-goal/vision is for the project? If not, you'll keep getting these threads.

Lol Yeaaa, thatís kind of the point. Thereís nothing you can say at this point to defend them.

EDG_Avocado
04-10-2018, 11:03 PM
It's just a lack of competence. They want to sit on the couch for 10 years after the dedicated servers released and do nothing

Alustar.
04-10-2018, 11:48 PM
It's just a lack of incompetence. They want to sit on the couch for 10 years after the dedicated servers released and do nothing

Just being nitpicky, but it's Lack of competence. Otherwise they would have no problems.

Tirik22x
04-11-2018, 12:48 AM
This is the most United Iíve seen these forums... and itís about the laziness and lack of direction the devs have.

Pretty discouraging.

Alustar.
04-11-2018, 01:55 AM
This is the most United Iíve seen these forums... and itís about the laziness and lack of direction the devs have.

Pretty discouraging.

Lol, yeah the two things all players on the forums agree on, pretty much unanimously: forum spam is out of control, and ubi-devs are out of touch with the community.

SpaceJim12
04-11-2018, 12:41 PM
I think there is strong connection between how game been launched and how bad and slow devs work on it.
The point here, I think monetization of For Honor where compleatly disastrous. There are stupid grind and not so much deficit of steel to make people purchase Steel packs. So, low player base at all and low number of donators and game already failed on commercial side.So it not smart to spend more money into project, that can't accumulate revenue.
So it's just everlasting cycle, where devs are outnumbred, players don't want pay for trash and devs can't offer something in playerbase needs, cause they outnumbred, cause players don't want to pay for trash.

HazelrahFirefly
04-11-2018, 02:47 PM
I also want to add in that I've always despised that Reddit in there go-to place for player communication. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FORUM RIGHT HERE, don't go looking at Tra****.

Edit: I'm not going to change it, but that censored part is my typing 'Trash' and 'it' together in mockery of Reddit lol.

EDG_Avocado
04-11-2018, 03:01 PM
Just being nitpicky, but it's Lack of competence. Otherwise they would have no problems.

rite good pick there lol

Tirik22x
04-11-2018, 05:32 PM
I also want to add in that I've always despised that Reddit in there go-to place for player communication. YOU HAVE YOUR OWN FORUM RIGHT HERE, don't go looking at Tra****.

Edit: I'm not going to change it, but that censored part is my typing 'Trash' and 'it' together in mockery of Reddit lol.

Yeaaaa... thatís one of the stupidest damn things theyíve done/do. Why tf do they do that? It pisses me off.

I refuse to go to the reddit... I wonít.

This is the forum. Yup... these devs are just incompetent. Thereís no questioning it. It explains everything.