PDA

View Full Version : Trash matchmaking and absurd anti afk mechanics

generallllyepic
04-09-2018, 10:59 PM
So I'm rep 45 now, it seems every time I enter a match, (mostly dominion now, since dedicated servers (something which should have been introduced before they even took the game out of closed beta... IMO)) I'll be up against people with 100 or 200+ rep on their account. How is this even fair? there seems to be absolutely no damn matching to your level. Just wondering if anybody else feels like this?

Also whats with the insane anti afk mechanics? I'll be holding down a site in dominion and I'll get kicked with F**king 10 minute ban, WHAT IS THIS TRASH? just because I'm not moving about does not mean I am not playing, I'll wait till an opponent tries to take it from me . It seems your being punished for trying to win the game. At least if you were going to do this, remove the bloody points you gain for hold site in the first place. It seems to me like the devs have tried to fix the consequence of people going afk, not the cause of it. Careless and inattentive development of a online multiplayer only game.

Devils-_-legacy
04-09-2018, 11:10 PM
From my experience as a rep106 I don't think there matchmaking is based around total rep level instead its there "skill" paramater

generallllyepic
04-09-2018, 11:25 PM
That's a shame, wonder how this skill parameter is calculated?

Devils-_-legacy
04-10-2018, 12:04 AM
I have no idea but am not a fan personally

Kelson27
04-10-2018, 12:24 AM
Yeah the matchmaking is a bit hit or miss. I bowed out of a game last night because it kept putting me (rep 30 or so) in a game where each side were almost completely balanced brand new players, top player rep 1 or so. Figured they’d have a much better time against each other. Then off I go to play rep 100s or so 😋 it’d be just their luck that a rep 100 filled my spot in their game too. At least the skill level thing mostly seems to be on point.

CheekyKemosabe
04-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Yeah as a rep 91 player i find it strange and a little annoying that ive been matched almost entirely with noobs the last week. Noob stomping is fun every once in a blue moon but now its boring and i havent had a real challenge in what feels like an eternity.

Further more, i try not to rely on the skill meter as its been innacurate before. That being said, lower skilled players flake out almost immediately when they realize who theyre up against: higher rep, higher skill players that can take you out in four moves at the very least.

Im not bragging, its a genuine concern. Lower level players should be able to learn and adapt without having to worry about being matched up against alpha or beta die hards.

Haplo_Bane
04-10-2018, 04:13 PM
I agree. The matchmaking IS trash. I'm over 200. I either get low lvls that WILL quit when they realise I can't teleport around helping them all at the same time,being replaced by useless lvl 1 bot,making a pointless match even more so. Or I get put on a crazy over powered team, making it a different kind of pointless match. They could counter this BY TURNING THE FRIGGIN TEAMSHUFFLE BACK ON. Meaning low lvl's would have motivation to stay in hopes of getting a better team. I've stated this many many times on this forum, but its importance is ALWAYS overlooked. Or it's been put it the 'too hard' basket.
Getting kicked boosting a zone. Another clear indication the pysdodevs on this game cannot do their job. It should be obvious to everyone by now there needs to be a guard change in the developer team. They have proven over and over again that their 'skills' are more suited for indie games and not up to par for what this game requires.

SpaceJim12
04-10-2018, 04:27 PM
So I'm rep 45 now, it seems every time I enter a match, (mostly dominion now, since dedicated servers (something which should have been introduced before they even took the game out of closed beta... IMO)) I'll be up against people with 100 or 200+ rep on their account. How is this even fair? there seems to be absolutely no damn matching to your level. Just wondering if anybody else feels like this?

Remind me all 100+ reps I easily crush, when I was rep 40. And remind me guys with rep 5 crush me, when I was rep 50.

Also whats with the insane anti afk mechanics? I'll be holding down a site in dominion and I'll get kicked with F**king 10 minute ban, WHAT IS THIS TRASH?

Try to lazy walk aroun zone, helps me well.

DoctorMcBatman
04-10-2018, 10:05 PM
Matchmaking is difficult to accomplish well. I think a good, fairly universal attribute of skill is how many hours the player has on the game (or specifically, in PvP). I'd be curious how matchmaking would go if that was the sole criteria. Though, my guess is the current algorithm includes "time played" or something like that. But matchmaking is tough; there are so many variables that determines how a game goes/how a player plays. It's impossible for the game to account for all of them. I do wish they'd illuminate us on how skill is currently measured.

On PC at least, I don't expect quality matchmaking. The playing population is too small for consistently well-matched games (especially the case during off-peak times for your region). Every time I play, I see a slew of usernames I recognize, it's nice actually.

I do think matchmaking is not always great, but it would be low on my list of "things needing fixing in FH." Perhaps that's just my PC perspective though,