PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to finish AC2 to play Brotherhood?

Golden Shogun
11-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Just wondering, do I have to finish AC2 to understand everything in Brotherhood? I'm barely halfway through AC2, but I just ordered ACB for $40 (LIGHTING DEAL @ AMAZON: 3 HOURS LEFT SO GO GO GO!).

I did finish the 1st one, just not the second.

Golden Shogun
11-25-2010, 09:11 PM
Just wondering, do I have to finish AC2 to understand everything in Brotherhood? I'm barely halfway through AC2, but I just ordered ACB for $40 (LIGHTING DEAL @ AMAZON: 3 HOURS LEFT SO GO GO GO!).

I did finish the 1st one, just not the second.

Nick1021
11-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes, but not ac1.

E-Zekiel
11-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Pretty much, yes.

Golden Shogun
11-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Well, looks like I'm going to have to finish it.

Mysterio43
11-25-2010, 09:14 PM
Definitely gotta finish 2 to really understand what is going on in AC:BH

ZCherub
11-26-2010, 09:57 AM
Yes, you do!! Ubisoft has a binding agreement with all retailers all over the world. This agreement obligates the retailers to punch you in the face, steal your money & drown your puppy if you attempt to purchase AC:B w/out playing ACII all the way through.

Seriously, though, it does make the experience more enjoyable if you've played the other 2...

XVinny84X
11-26-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure why everyone says you DO. For the sake of it yes and to see how Ezio was in earlier years, then sure. But honestly, you could as well miss it and still catch in Brotherhood.

Pope is almost non existen and has two appearances (main villain from AC2) and not much really even referrs to AC2. Ezio is not on some vengeance/retribution mission anymore and he is more level headed.

This is his story, but it's totally new and to be honest you would not miss nothing story wise, that's so crucial... Now ending of Brotherhood you DO have to see. You pretty much see how AC2 ends at the beginning of Brotherhood...

Nick1021
11-26-2010, 10:18 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ZCherub:
Yes, you do!! Ubisoft has a binding agreement with all retailers all over the world. This agreement obligates the retailers to punch you in the face, steal your money & drown your puppy if you attempt to purchase AC:B w/out playing ACII all the way through.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That explains a lot....

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif