PDA

View Full Version : Balanced matchmaking (no its not)

LASERsightsBoi
04-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Well,
Check the screen. Is it ****ing possible give bot for each side????
http://i68.tinypic.com/1e2kwi.jpg

Mia.Nora
04-09-2018, 01:18 AM
Sorry, it would take too much dev time to code something like;

if(abs(defenderteam.playercount-attackerteam.playercount)>1)
{
if(defenderteam.playercount<attackerteam.playercount)
transfer(attackerteam.player.1,defenderteam);
else
transfer(defenderteam.player.1,attackerteam);
}

Since, you know that would first require them to learn coding.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-09-2018, 04:07 PM
If the other team was a four man friend group it would not split them and could give you this situation. I was playing with some of my buddies once and it was the 4 of us vs 1 guy and 3 bots. The devs wouldn't split the teams because if people are paired against their buddies they may throw and just follow their buddies around emote spamming

SpaceJim12
04-09-2018, 04:29 PM
If the other team was a four man friend group it would not split them and could give you this situation. I was playing with some of my buddies once and it was the 4 of us vs 1 guy and 3 bots. The devs wouldn't split the teams because if people are paired against their buddies they may throw and just follow their buddies around emote spamming

I think the same way, but, couple times I saw situations where this thing happened without any reason.
Me and two friends were together, found game where where three people as well. One bot each side, than we won (still 1 bot each side) and went to lobby. Two people leave match, two joined. Logical to add them to team, where one guy left with 3 bots. But system make it one per team. So we play next game 4 v 2 and bots. Can't find explanation of it.

Wretch1d
04-10-2018, 01:52 AM
Literally had this happen to but even worse, me and another guy rep4 and two bits, and the other team were like 69, 45, a 100+ and one that was lower but it was ridiculous

Kryltic
04-10-2018, 09:42 AM
Literally had this happen to but even worse, me and another guy rep4 and two bits, and the other team were like 69, 45, a 100+ and one that was lower but it was ridiculous

Player rep has nothing to do with skill, it just shows how long/much a person has been playing.

My rep is over 100 but if you made me fight using a character I've never played with and you use one you know well then I'm likely going to get massacred despite our rep differences.

The way the game pairs you before selecting a character is where some of the issues come from but then if you had to select a character first, before match making, you would have to search for a new game each time you wanted to play another character.

The better way to determine how balanced the game will be is while waiting for the game to start, check the character rep and gear scores. It's not a perfect way to do it but it'll give you a better idea.

Charmzzz
04-10-2018, 10:05 AM
Can't remember how many times I have slaughtered people who had more than double my Rep. And can't remember how many times I got my a*s handed to me on a plate by someone with half my Rep.

Rep is in no way a skill indicator. Sure, longer playtime mostly results in knowledge, but it not a correlated curve to player skill.

SpaceJim12
04-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Rep is in no way a skill indicator. Sure, longer playtime mostly results in knowledge, but it not a correlated curve to player skill.

But with rep 4 vs. rep 100 still so much difference. Not cause 100 rep have better skill, but cause 4 rep just so new with the game, don't have main character and maybe don't now some chars movesets.
But I agree, that rep doesn't mean skill, and if you know mechanics and chars, nothing are impossible with fights players higher rep than yours.
But here we have some different problem. When you start with bots vs full player team, it's mean one feeder in the start of the match and maybe even whole match.

Charmzzz
04-10-2018, 11:57 AM
Did you ever face a Level 3 Shaman Bot? Man, that girl is tough af. ^^

SpaceJim12
04-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Did you ever face a Level 3 Shaman Bot? Man, that girl is tough af. ^^

Yeah, sometimes bot can kick ***, but mostly in 1v1, with two playes spam UB in him, bot died as helpless kitten