PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie Needs Some Help

KotoKuraken
04-08-2018, 11:39 PM
Valkyrie is a strong character, but she's also a very risky one, with very very few chances to open up someone who sits there, and has even less ways to get an execute.

Some suggestions on improving her:
-Light > heavy chain. Most of the time, her second light is blocked. Nearly every other hero has a chain with light > heavy in it, so this would help her be able to get into her actual combos.
-Having the ability to execute when using heavy on a fallen enemy. After seeing how consistent Highlander is with getting an execute on someone getting up from the ground, this would help Valkyrie be able to get more executes out.
-Longer backdodge. When going into her backdodge, she is usually caught by a guardbreak that iceskates the opponent forward or an unblockable that also iceskated the opponent forward. Whether this is a mechanic that is iceskating them forward or just having a short distance of backdodge, there needs to be some sort of tweak here.
-Dodge bash. One thing that Valkyrie struggles with, especially against characters like Lawbringer and Shugoki, is that they don't have to attack at all, since Lawbringer can bash off of every guard and Shugoki can guardbreak through any attack (if his hyperarmor is up). However, having a dodge bash like Gladiator and Conq could help with those staring contests.
-Guarantee a light attack on her shield bash. Any and all other heroes without fail can guarantee a light attack on their bash, and even Highlander can guarantee an unblockable heavy. Having her guarantee a light attack would help push out some damage.

Like my ideas? Have any suggestions? Let me know down below. The objective is not to make her overpowered, but to help her out a little bit. She's a strong character that just needs a little tweaking to put her back up with the rest of the cast

DoodTheMan
04-09-2018, 12:30 AM
Let her cancel zone into GB again?

EvoX.
04-09-2018, 04:13 PM
That she does, and I especially agree with the last point - giving her a guaranteed light on shield bash. Also agreed on light -> heavy chain.

HazelrahFirefly
04-09-2018, 07:06 PM
As long as you don't sweep the attack chain should be able to be kept up. Valk is nothing if the pressure is broken.

I also think she should have superiority with her heavies the same way she does with her lights.

KotoKuraken
04-11-2018, 12:34 AM
As long as you don't sweep the attack chain should be able to be kept up. Valk is nothing if the pressure is broken.

I also think she should have superiority with her heavies the same way she does with her lights.

hmm, that's a good suggestion, but I don't think it would be necessary for her to have superiority with her heavies (I think Conqueror mostly has it since he's a heavy and it makes sense for his set of weaponry).

However, yes, she does need to keep up the pressure, and I think allowing her to go from light > heavy alone should help her keep up pressure in her normal attack chain, due to being able to feint instead of facing a block (which shuts down her aggression) or to get parried (and eat a heavy for it) because her second light was too predictable.