PDA

View Full Version : 3D print of our characters?

Hormly
04-08-2018, 07:31 PM
I wonder if anyone else would be interested if they could pay for a high quality 3D print of their heroes.

I may very well be retiring from this game shortly, and while I don't like the direction the game went in ill always have a fondness for it, and a cool 6 inch figure of my WL striking a badass pose on a nice stand is something I'd open my wallet for.

UbiInsulin
04-08-2018, 07:51 PM
This is a really cool idea, but I don't know if it's something that would be high on our priority list. It feels like a slightly complicated feature to implement (but my knowledge of 3D printing is limited, to be fair).

Hormly
04-08-2018, 08:50 PM
Im quite new to it also and from what I understand you wouldn't actually need to handle the 3D printing side of at all.

All you'd need is some sort of 'hero poser' when players would select a pose or maybe a base for their character, then we would pay to download the STL file, and from there we would be free to seek out our own 3D printing source.

Could be a cool way to immortalize your hero :D

Alustar.
04-08-2018, 09:14 PM
Not to mention other developers(mostly mmos) have a similar service, is probably do the same of notching not then to have a trophy, sorry of s conversation piece for my home. It wouldn't be hard to do, it would just require communication between a developer or two and a third party to deliver the product.
I love this idea

UbiInsulin
04-08-2018, 09:39 PM
Not to mention other developers(mostly mmos) have a similar service, is probably do the same of notching not then to have a trophy, sorry of s conversation piece for my home. It wouldn't be hard to do, it would just require communication between a developer or two and a third party to deliver the product.
I love this idea

Ah cool, I wasn't aware that it had been done previously as an official thing. Will definitely note this suggestion for the team.

Hormly
04-08-2018, 10:03 PM
I love this idea

Yes I remember there is a site called figureprint where you can choose a pose and receive a printed figure of your World of Warcraft character :D very cool!

I also recently discovered heroforge.com, where you can customize and purchase custom DnD miniatures ^^

Such a great new tech, I want minis from all my favorite games now