PDA

View Full Version : WAIT, WHAT!? You have time for this, but not for new armor?

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 07:28 AM
So, there’s time for the devs to make 2 Cape buffalo fight, but there’s no time to dedicate devs to making new armor, or new heroes?

I’m honestly furious...

This actually may be the thing that makes me put this game away... what... in... the... ****?

https://youtu.be/vHIPY-pBIpE

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 01:48 PM
The buffalo skin was made by a single dev entirely in his free time. It only takes a couple hours at best to mod a skin like that and place it on top of an already existing model. Amateur PC modders do stuff like this for single player games all the time.

The mode was made by the same dev and a few others once again in their spare time. Nothing to it, just a dev who decided to have some fun when he was in his off work time.

EDG_Avocado
04-08-2018, 07:19 PM
what did you expect from noobisoft?

Arekonator
04-08-2018, 07:37 PM
While thats true.
But if one guy can do this in few hours of his spare time, then the whole argument of: "new armors are too time expensive to do" sort of falls apart, doesnt it?

UbiInsulin
04-08-2018, 07:37 PM
So, there’s time for the devs to make 2 Cape buffalo fight, but there’s no time to dedicate devs to making new armor, or new heroes?

I’m honestly furious...

This actually may be the thing that makes me put this game away... what... in... the... ****?

https://youtu.be/vHIPY-pBIpE

Yes, in an unprecedented move, a video game company/brand did something fun for April Fools'. /s

This, like the cow skin itself, is another situation where one designer put in extra effort to make something for the community to enjoy.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 08:54 PM
While thats true.
But if one guy can do this in few hours of his spare time, then the whole argument of: "new armors are too time expensive to do" sort of falls apart, doesnt it?

You do have a point...

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 09:57 PM
You do have a point...

That was my point exactly.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 09:59 PM
While thats true.
No it doesn't because designing, creating, coding, rigging and QA testing a brand new set of unique armour for 18 different characters is much more involved and complicated than making a simple skin that goes over a single character's model. That buffalo skin is a basic level job that most interns can do in a couple hours in Maia or Blender. The guy did it by staying late after work one day, it's not a monumental task it's just something a person with the appropriate know how does for a bit of fun.

It's a shame people can't just appreciate a dude doing something for fun. If this was done by a member of the community there wouldn't be this level of faux outrage about it. Just because this person happens to work on the game it's all of a sudden overblown into this "giant smack in the face" and used as theory crafting and conspiracy fuel. Let it go guys, it's just a bit of fun that was made on someone's own person time.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 10:01 PM
You do have a point...

That was my point exactly.
You must have missed my point then.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 10:46 PM
No no, I understand completely what happened and I have nothing against the bull fight.

I'm just still baffled by how much of nothing is going on with the game. The fact that no more reworks or balancing, or anything in this regard is coming out in S5 will always sit as a shocking disappointment to me. The game is so freaking unbalanced that they should be trying stuff left and right and changing it when it doesnt work.

The lack of any significant news since the warriors den before s5 started makes me seriously believe that Ubisoft put the brakes on this game and that it is essentially a corpse not yet buried.

Tirik22x
04-09-2018, 03:52 AM
You must have missed my point then.

Is there not a work-around then, where the new armor can be created much like a skin? I highly doubt hit boxes go off of armor, but rather the size of the characters “under” the armor.

Playing_Mantis
04-09-2018, 04:35 AM
I'm sure this was just a simple thing they did for fun and if they had not done this we would still not have new armor. I'm pretty sure one dev could have done this very fast and i think it was funny and cool! However i really would love to see some new armor and really would drop cash on steel for that! please please please give us actual new armor soon ubi!!! overall i love what the devs are doing even with a few things i don't agree on with the balance. at least this company really cares about their game and you can tell just by watching the weekly warriors den. i don't know of any other games that do a weekly cast like this. good job ubi!!

SpaceJim12
04-09-2018, 10:32 AM
Is there not a work-around then, where the new armor can be created much like a skin? I highly doubt hit boxes go off of armor, but rather the size of the characters “under” the armor.

Customization troubles here. Skin covers full model, while armor parts are just simply parts of 3D model, separated and get together by players needs. It's just harder.
I just think devs should change the customazation system. Leave weapon customazible, while armor will be a full model skin. It's let add new skins more offen (less work) and make them a lot different.

Vakris_One
04-09-2018, 07:31 PM
Unfortunately not. Like SpaceJim12 said, a skin goes over and covers the model whereas armour has to be made to fit tightly directly onto the 3D model and match all the movements otherwise the model underneath it would be clipping straight through the armour and it would look very bad and glitchy. The reason the buffalo skin works so easily is because its been placed directly on top of a "naked" (stick figure) Warden skeleton template and there are no armour pieces on top of the buffalo to worry about. Armour on the other hand has to be tailored individually piece by piece on top of the fully fleshed 3D character model and then there's stuff like creating bump mapping, dynamic battle damage, etc, etc so that it functions properly and feels like the character model underneath is actually wearing the armour.