PDA

View Full Version : Universal (console) balance.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 04:08 AM
So as Iím at work for 2 weeks, and unable to play, I like to watch a lot of For Honor fights on YouTube. With that, Iíve noticed that the fights on PC seem MUCH slower. And I mean everything. Attacks, GBís, everything. And with that, Iíve seen every class beat every other class.

So, Iím thinking; what if they just slightly slowed down all movements on console? Just slightly, being the key.

I feel this would change a lot as far as feeling balanced goes.

It wouldnít make certain moves like 400ms (changed to 500ms on console) lights from a heavy feint seem almost unblockable unless youíre absolutely perfect, just for a quick example.

Just a thought. Opinions on this?

Tirik22x
04-09-2018, 03:53 AM
No other console players have an opinion on this?

Roseguard_Cpt
04-09-2018, 04:13 PM
I play on PS4, we're locked at 30 fps and so we have half the "input-to-reaction data" (for lack of a better term) that PC players see at 60 fps. As such PC players can better read their opponent's moves which leads to more punishes, parries, etc. On console we can't react as well so we can just throw out lots of attacks with minimal strategy, which is why assassins are so popular. On PC where people can react better the fights have to slow down because people have to be a fair bit more careful.
If we could get 60 fps on console the skill ceiling would skyrocket upward

Tirik22x
04-09-2018, 11:41 PM
I play on PS4, we're locked at 30 fps and so we have half the "input-to-reaction data" (for lack of a better term) that PC players see at 60 fps. As such PC players can better read their opponent's moves which leads to more punishes, parries, etc. On console we can't react as well so we can just throw out lots of attacks with minimal strategy, which is why assassins are so popular. On PC where people can react better the fights have to slow down because people have to be a fair bit more careful.
If we could get 60 fps on console the skill ceiling would skyrocket upward

But that wonít happen.. thatís why I think slowing EVERYTHING down by 100ms may compensate for it.