PDA

View Full Version : Centurion tweak.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 03:52 AM
I would like to see my Centurion tweaked a bit to make him onboard with other top tier heroes, and I believe itís a simple adjustment.

All I would like to see is his health slightly buffed, and a side dodge attack added, similar to Valkyrieís.

I donít believe he needs much, and I donít think this is asking for a whole lot.

Archaelion
04-08-2018, 10:18 AM
centurion needs a nerf. He's much better than the majority of other heroes: orochi, shugoki, valkyrie, aramushi, raider to name some.

ChampionRuby50g
04-08-2018, 10:33 AM
centurion needs a nerf. He's much better than the majority of other heroes: orochi, shugoki, valkyrie, aramushi, raider to name some.

Centurion doesnít need a nerf. He received multiple major ones last year, and thatís still not enough? Heís a B-Tier hero at max.

But tell me, if he does need a nerf what would you nerf about him?

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 11:21 AM
Centurion doesnít need a nerf. He received multiple major ones last year, and thatís still not enough? Heís a B-Tier hero at max.

But tell me, if he does need a nerf what would you nerf about him?

Dude... instant sign that someone doesnít understand the fundamentals of the game, nor has even gotten down the basics yet: ďCenturion needs a nerfĒ.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 11:27 AM

Ah, yes... brilliant concept, ďCent needs a nerf because heís better than 5/15 heroes.Ē

That makes perfect sense.

I mean, here I am thinking that Centurion, and everyone you named needs to be brought up to the A-tier heroes.

Thanks for clearing up my clouded judgement. Letís also eliminate the ability to block, and CGB, since you cannot do that either (obvious because you think Cent needs a nerf), and we all as players (the ones who can block attacks and CGB) need nerfed.

^That literally falls right in line with your logic.

Playing_Mantis
04-08-2018, 12:31 PM
i think cent is fine. so many other heroes way worse off than him. PLEASE don't give him a side dodge attack like the Valk or any assassin class. this will make him way too op. he's not a top tier hero but i think he's somewhere in the low middle. for sure not needing a buff until about 5 other heroes get one first. i don't think ubi should even buff any mid tier heroes, just the low tier strugglers. if all the mid tier heroes get a buff the game is going to just get too hard...imagine fighting 16 heroes as strong as the zerker or conc... also please stop over buffing characters. zerker u went overboard on, was not nessasery.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 12:36 PM
i think cent is fine. so many other heroes way worse off than him. PLEASE don't give him a side dodge attack like the Valk or any assassin class. this will make him way too op. he's not a top tier hero but i think he's somewhere in the low middle. for sure not needing a buff until about 5 other heroes get one first. i don't think ubi should even buff any mid tier heroes, just the low tier strugglers. if all the mid tier heroes get a buff the game is going to just get too hard...imagine fighting 16 heroes as strong as the zerker or conc... also please stop over buffing characters. zerker u went overboard on, was not nessasery.

Lol wtf did I just read..?

You say heís low-middle tier, but doesnít need a buff. Hahaha Wtf..?

Yes, fighting 16 heroes as strong as Zerk and conq would be perfect... if theyíre all powerful, itís balanced. Bro, you made absolutely no sense in your post. Sorry...

UbiInsulin
04-08-2018, 07:49 PM
I would like to see my Centurion tweaked a bit to make him onboard with other top tier heroes, and I believe it’s a simple adjustment.

All I would like to see is his health slightly buffed, and a side dodge attack added, similar to Valkyrie’s.

I don’t believe he needs much, and I don’t think this is asking for a whole lot.

We've actually made note of this suggestion from a previous thread, and it's been sent to the team for consideration. Just for the sake of the discussion, could you clarify what you mean by a "slight" buff (i.e. give a number)?

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 10:03 PM
We've actually made note of this suggestion from a previous thread, and it's been sent to the team for consideration. Just for the sake of the discussion, could you clarify what you mean by a "slight" buff (i.e. give a number)?

Awesome. I had posted it in that other thread, but thought it deserved itís osn. As far as health, I think 125 would be fair.

EvoX.
04-08-2018, 11:47 PM
Increasing his health by 10 points and giving him a dodge attack will barely get him out of C-tier, let alone allow him to compete with top tier heroes...

mrmistark
04-09-2018, 12:42 AM
Firstly, I would like to say that as people who should be a community, we should be ashamed of ourselves for acting accordingly. Itís one thing to say ďsorry I donít agreeĒ but a completely other thing to put others down because they have a different experience and opinion than you do. Weíve all been through way too much BS together (no offense Ubisoft, we know your trying) to be conducting ourselves this way and putting each other down. We have enough toxitity in the community as is. We have to be mindful that we have different connection strengths (making lag when trying to parry/deflect/counter harder for some than others), different platforms, different strengths and weaknesses. Donít put others down just because you donít agree or have a different gaming experience. Now thatís out of the way, allow me to throw in my 2 cents (pun intended, sorry I know this joke is probably old).

Firstly, Iíd like to say that personally, I donít believe cent needs a nerf. He needs a buff, but it should be a very small buff. Cent is one of those weird characters where, if someone who doesnít main him or use him at least rather often, itís an easy win against them, but much like pre buff conq and Kensei, those who stuck around and continued to use the character after realizing they werenít the best learned to deal with almost every character and learn the most optimal choices in each situation. I believe cent is stuck in this category of not being in a good spot, but when you see one of them you know youíre going to have to deal with a lot of BS knowing theyíre typically a highly skilled cent player. Because of this, itís easy to understand why a player could have difficulty whenever they run into a cent, because those who still play him are very skilled with him typically and good at putting you OS very quickly.

Cent still has incredible stamina damage, soft fient GB, and incredibly fast heavy attacks. He has UB moves but no where near the scale of new characters. If Iím honest I donít believe he needs more, his kick just needs to have less animation/faster because it is rather useless at the moment. I donít think we should give him a dodge attack honestly. We have enough of those and the fact that we have so many that canít be GB out of reliably, in my personal opinion, is hurting the game. GB is pretty much the direct counter to dodges and hyper turtles. His zone is also pretty weak sauce. My vote is to give him slightly more health, update his crappy zone and fix his kick to be a little more viable. Other than that he isnít the worst character and itís my opinion he doesnít need much to be a strong character to be playable across all skill levels. Heís obviously not tier s, but after these fixes I would put him at the very least in low A. Anything over the top with safe strong moves like certain other character reworks, and he would be too over tuned.

Tirik22x
04-09-2018, 02:48 AM
Mrmistark, I agree. Honestly didnít even think of the kick bc I donít use it due to it being so dodgable. Definitely could use a speed increase.

Tirik22x
04-09-2018, 03:05 AM
My thought on adding the dodge is so heís not so reliant on parries, which would be quite a decent buff.

I donít think his zone really needs a buff, to be honest. It hits quite hard, and Iíve ended 1v2 situations very quickly after a revenge pop bc of it.

And I do agree with what you said about ppl who still play him, which is probably why many think heís OP. A average, or below average player that doesnít know how to deal with Cent, and is going to get wrecked fast. However, against other skilled players, thatís not often the case, which is why he needs a slight buff (while others [unskilled players] believe he needs a nerf).