PDA

View Full Version : Oleg: Please do something about hacking

III-JG27_DV8
07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Please fix this hole in the sim. It's a shame that people (host servers') will allow this, but it happened to me while flying on Edited's server.

There was a =Edited which was using some hack (or something) that was allowing him to do things consistently (in control of this hack) in combat.

I was saddened that Edited would allow someone to do such a thing - she actually went on to *cheer* =Edited in his actions.

http://www.live2fly.com/trk/SZ-BERG2.ntrk
http://www.live2fly.com/trk/SZ-BERG1.ntrk

Please fix this Oleg.

Thanks,

III-JG27_DV8
07-02-2005, 07:21 PM
Please fix this hole in the sim. It's a shame that people (host servers') will allow this, but it happened to me while flying on Edited's server.

There was a =Edited which was using some hack (or something) that was allowing him to do things consistently (in control of this hack) in combat.

I was saddened that Edited would allow someone to do such a thing - she actually went on to *cheer* =Edited in his actions.

http://www.live2fly.com/trk/SZ-BERG2.ntrk
http://www.live2fly.com/trk/SZ-BERG1.ntrk

Please fix this Oleg.

Thanks,

Tooz_69GIAP
07-02-2005, 07:55 PM
You're not supposed to name names. Usually gets the post edited or deleted.

But you don't give any details of this hack other than the tracks, so this is a kind of pointless post.

III-JG27_DV8
07-02-2005, 08:01 PM
Well since you're unable to tell what's going on....

It's simple, everytime i got on the 109 OR was about to get his 6 o'clock (numbered 10 in game, aka Edited), his aircraft would begin to warp and move in directions that made no sense (not even the prediction code would do this).

Anyhow, maybe this is a pointless post; should I chalk up IL2/FB/AEP/PF with all the other kiddie games like HalfLife, Halo, CounterStrike, etc etc, that have been hacked and are no longer enjoyable?

plumps_
07-02-2005, 08:10 PM
There do exist server side settings against those speedhacks. If the server doesn't apply them just leave it, there are better ones.

HelSqnProtos
07-02-2005, 09:14 PM
Speedhack can work even against tight settings, it has been proven by some competitive players recently.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Odd. I have been flying this game since the demo and have yet to see what I would consider an obvious cheat/hack. I see packet loss, screen freeze, ect but nothing that would consider a blatant cheat. None of these has ever got me at a real disadvantage. Or maybe its that I usually fly in more respectable servers with quality admins...who knows.

Its ashame when people feel they need to cheat but when people constantly bring up the issue with no fact to back it up really it only causes others to feel they may need to cheat to compete. And thats how it happens. I come from a long line of FPS titles and Im use to having to deal with these types. I always felt it refreshing that this sim is cheat/hack free atleast a very large portion of it anyway. And even though I have a love for WW2 aviation I would have to say its the fair play and constant support that I have been playing this game for 4 years or so.

So I would ask those who feel there is cheating and/or hacking going to gather the evidence and send it straight to Oleg and bypass the forums. Posting here does not help fix the problem it only adds to it. IMO ofcoarse.

ElAurens
07-04-2005, 11:30 AM
I was repeatedly "print screened" the other night on Zeke vs. Wildcat by some chap in a Corsair. Would warp like clockwork every 10 seconds. I shot him down anyway, made the accusation in chat, and he left.

n00b haxorZ.

VMF-214_HaVoK
07-04-2005, 08:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ElAurens:
I was repeatedly "print screened" the other night on Zeke vs. Wildcat by some chap in a Corsair. Would warp like clockwork every 10 seconds. I shot him down anyway, made the accusation in chat, and he left.

n00b haxorZ. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

See thats what Im saying...you still shot him down. His efforts to gain an advantage by using printscreen to cause random pauses at just the right time only delayed the inevitable. Usually when resorts to such tactics its because they have no skill. And although its annoying it proves no real advantage and they die in the end. Printscreen only works a few times and does the same to the user as it does to the attacker.

You still got your man EL...you usually do http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ElAurens
07-04-2005, 08:58 PM
You have to be very patient flying for the Emperor...

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Bearcat99
07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by III-JG27_DV8:
It's simple, everytime i got on the 109 OR was about to get his 6 o'clock (numbered 10 in game, aka Edited), his aircraft would begin to warp and move in directions that made no sense (not even the prediction code would do this).

Anyhow, maybe this is a pointless post; should I chalk up IL2/FB/AEP/PF with all the other kiddie games like HalfLife, Halo, CounterStrike, etc etc, that have been hacked and are no longer enjoyable? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a known issue that has been around since the original IL2 and there isnt much you can do about it except stay away from DF servers that attract an open crowd... Whether or not you should give up on the sim is up to you.. If you let a little thing like @ssholes who do that in the first place stop you then maybe this isnt the place for you any way. This sim has not been hacked.... it is a simple lag inducing print screen hit that is known to many and very frustrating.... thats why I mainly fly with people I know and boot anyone who even looks crosseyed in our server.. we do mostly coops anyway though...... I notice you said "she" and if I am not mistaken there arent many "she's" in this community who host on HL so..... If I were you I wouldnt take that too personally either.... If the "she" you are referring to is the "she" I think it is then I can say that "she" is a pretty honorable flyer...... "she" just doesnt let the BS get to her very much, after all like most of us this sim is a stress reliever

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
Speedhack can work even against tight settings, it has been proven by some competitive players recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

They arent very competitive if they have to use the print screen technique to get someone off their six........ http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif Id rather just get shot down and try to bail and come back for another round than do some infantile nonsense like that.

There will always be people who will be willing to take the hollow victory of the easy route than working for their due.... in life, in love and in this sim unfortunately.... either fly with folks you know... or just suck it up and be wary when you see them.. but dont let that stop you from having fun........ and dont ever.... EVER...... EVER use this sim in the same context in a sentance as Halo, Halflife or Counter Strike.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

BPO6_PANP
07-06-2005, 09:35 PM
After looking at the trks
I'm inclined to think that he was on dial up with a program trying to access the net while he was playing
If you look at the times the warping happens and the time between them you will see a pattern of about every 50 to 60 seconds between warps.
That could be caused by a computer full of spyware trying to get its data home.
You can see a warp while he was behind you trying to catch up,Thats not a place that a hack would be used to gain an advantage

I think maybe you are judging this one incorrectly.

Hunter82
07-07-2005, 04:58 AM
If the host sets it up correctly with the time check and max lag settinsg you can't use the speed hack...

When I was running my server people complained because you could't even take a screenshot or create track..reason being is I had my settings very tight and one screenshot or when the record was enabled would boot them lol...we're fighting not posing for a family reunion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HelSqnProtos:
Speedhack can work even against tight settings, it has been proven by some competitive players recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Atomic_Marten
07-07-2005, 07:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunter82:
If the host sets it up correctly with the time check and max lag settinsg you can't use the speed hack...

When I was running my server people complained because you could't even take a screenshot or create track..reason being is I had my settings very tight and one screenshot or when the record was enabled would boot them lol...we're fighting not posing for a family reunion http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Speedhack can work even against tight settings, it has been proven by some competitive players recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that is what I call a good settings Hunter. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
PRTSCR=BOOT... w00t

HelSqnProtos
07-07-2005, 08:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hunter82:

Speedhack can work even against tight settings, it has been proven by some competitive players recently. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please post those settings I would be very interested in them.

I currently run

checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1
checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.03
checkTimeSpeedInterval=3

[MaxLag]
farMaxLagTime=1.5
nearMaxLagTime=1.0
cheaterWarningDelay=1.0
cheaterWarningNum=2

@ Bearcat and Hunter.

With respect gentlemen, trying to ignore a problem does not make it go away. Their ARE ways to cheat. The ra ra go team go is nice but wears thin after a while. Too many constructive posts get drowned out like this. I am sure that is not your intent, but as a long time follower of the boards, the mod response or sometimes over-response is getting old.

There are many hundreds of competitive full real players who fly hundreds or even thousands of hours in their virtual career. We have seen all manner of lag and can distinguish between it and cheating. Further, the game engine is WAY old. There are plenty of people out there who are finding new ways to cheat regularly. Any software can be broken. Fact. Be Sure. To argue otherwise is to live in a fairytale.

Anyway, it is an academic discussion more than a heated one for me. Fortunately at this point, cheating is fairly rare. Its out there but not dominant. Yet. It is only through a rigoruous and continous assault on hackers that the game will keep its integrity. That is all I and many others want to accomplish. Its not about badmouthing Oleg. Its about, protecting what we have.

Hunter82
07-07-2005, 08:21 AM
will do....I'm at work right now so I'll post in a few hours.

Hunter82
07-07-2005, 08:34 AM
of the top of my head though change (I believe but will need to check when home)

checktimespeeddifference=.01
checktimespeadinterval=1
far maxlagtime= 1.0
near max lag time=.05
cheaterwarningnum=0 (instant boot no warning)
maxping=300
Be very aware mosy dial up users will not be able to play on your server with these settings....actually anyone with a level of packet loss will be booted http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I'm not arguing any point so the comments about my response are kind of off base.....

Alot of people make mistakes here about settings and then users post about people cheating because of a hosting error.

Sure people come up with new ways to try and get around the program.... I have yet to see any credible 'cheat' that was not addressed by the developers quickly.

The main fact is a true understanding of how the detection works ... I can't and will not post this information.

HelSqnProtos
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
S~! Hunter

Are those your final settings sir?

Does the maxping command as you have it above work in the client server?

fordfan25
07-07-2005, 07:15 PM
iv noticed this problem among other problems online. seem's as time pass's these cheats or hacks what ever are geting worse. there kinda common on a server "i wont name it" that is almost always at the top of HL list and very populer with NON full real players. lots of print screen going on. as if killing a FW was not hard enough now http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Kernow
07-08-2005, 06:28 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif 'competitive,' now that's an interesting word for them.

I frequently miss shots or do less damage than I could have due to stuttering as I make a BnZ attack. But in the vast majority of cases I'm sure it is just that - stuttering - as the target generally seems unaware of my presence. Of course, when I fly past after a big screen freeze they know I'm there.

Did once come across some 'creative gameplay' in a fairly well known 'realistic' server on HL. Was rtb when I saw bad guy chasing friendly. Dived on the 109 only to see him disappear as I was about to open fire. I didn't take my eyes off him and lose him; he just wasn't there all of a sudden. Had a good look, but saw nothing so continued to rtb. About 30 secs, 1 min perhaps, later I see a dot following me at about 500 yds. I just knew it was '****-boy' so I typed in the chat that I hoped the dot on my six wasn't the very same who had disappeared from right in front of me not 2 minutes ago. He seemed quite proud of himself, replying something like, 'yea it's me haha funny isn't it.'

He hit me. I crash landed. I've not flown there since. Vote with your feet; there's plenty of good servers out there.