PDA

View Full Version : Just watched District 9 for the 2nd time

Airmail109
07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
This film is hilarious on so many levels.

Aliens get stranded in South Africa. Become the New South African pre apartheid Black Population. The Blacks Oppress the Aliens. The Whites still hold all of the key positions in power and the Nigerians are all drug dealers and gun runners.

I was laughing my head off most of the way through even after seeing it the 2nd time. I CANT wait for District 10 and hopefully the hilarity of seeing the Aliens coming back and oppressing the humans in return, that will be sublime satire.

Airmail109
07-29-2010, 04:20 PM
This film is hilarious on so many levels.

Aliens get stranded in South Africa. Become the New South African pre apartheid Black Population. The Blacks Oppress the Aliens. The Whites still hold all of the key positions in power and the Nigerians are all drug dealers and gun runners.

I was laughing my head off most of the way through even after seeing it the 2nd time. I CANT wait for District 10 and hopefully the hilarity of seeing the Aliens coming back and oppressing the humans in return, that will be sublime satire.

danjama
07-29-2010, 06:02 PM
I thought it was a great film.

Airmail109
07-29-2010, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by danjama:
I thought it was a great film. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dan it's up there with Fight Club in terms of mockery, which can be taken on various levels 1. An action film 2. An Anti-Capitalist Film for Anarchists 3. A Nihilistic Dark Satire that mocks it's self and those that subscribes to it's views....think Life of Brian.

Brian: You're all individuals!
Crowd: Yes! We're all individuals!
Brian: You've all got to think for yourselves!
Crowd: Yes! We've all got to think for ourselves!
Crowd: Tell us more!

District 9 is one of those few films that leaves you grinning at the end because of it's sheer mischievous brilliance.

Crazy_Goanna
07-29-2010, 06:15 PM
Just what I thought after i watched it- Brilliant movie and levels of imbedded meaning and conceptualisation

Airmail109
07-29-2010, 06:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Crazy_Goanna:
Just what I thought after i watched it- Brilliant movie and levels of imbedded meaning and conceptualisation </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't take serious films anymore...give me Donny Darko, Fight Club, District 9, M*A*S*H, American Beauty, Life of Bwian type films any day. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Any other good suggestions?

Jediteo
07-29-2010, 06:37 PM
District 9 is pure cinema brilliance. Cut out American Beauty and Donny Darko and you have most of my favorite films there Airmail.
M*A*S*H the film and the series (the early series before it got overly sentimental) is one of my absolute favorites. I just love the line in the film about Martinis, so difficult for most people to fathom.