PDA

View Full Version : Not being an *******, just being honest; you’re bad.

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 10:56 AM
No... half the hero’s are not OP.

Honestly, you just don’t fully understand how to play. I myself, used to think that until I made the decision to git gud when I realized that it wasn’t the games fault that some ppl would just roflstomp me; it was my own. So I spent hours fighting the lvl 2 bots, then when I mastered that, I spent hours (and still do) fighting the lvl 3 bots. But I wouldn’t just go in and smash buttons... I would focus on one particular part of my skill set. So I would go in and think “ok, I’m soley focusing on defense” and I would not worry about anything but blocking attacks. Then “ok, now I will not let myself be guard broken”, and add that layer to my defense. Then “now, I’m going to focus on nothing but parties”. Then counters. Then combos. Then progressively longer chains. Then hard feints. Then soft feints. Etc.

Then I would YouTube videos of highly skilled players of my chosen hero, I would see what they were doing to set them apart, and try it myself against bots, and in private matches with friends.

Try that before you think that 90% of the heroes are OP.

You’re skill will increase exponentially, and you’ll be much more valuable to the forums.

Veerdin-Wraith
04-07-2018, 11:49 AM
Vagueposting on a forum...? Oh dear...

Well, while there's any number of threads this could be aimed at, I have to assume you're talking about Centurion and how much hate he gets, yes? I'll go on record saying that I don't think Centurion is overpowered. If anything, he's underpowered because apart from his one stunlock combo, his stats and moveset variation are garbage.

But, the hate Cent' gets exists for a reason. And just because he's not overpowered in terms of stats doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism. I'm willing to bet that most of the hate directed at the class is based on his ability to destroy stamina and stunlock people into oblivion with relative ease, neither of which are enjoyable to fight against because it's basically the class saying "Hey, you know that fun, reaction-based medieval fighting game what you payed money for to play? You don't get to play that for the next five minutes, you get to play a game where an obnoxious man in bad Roman cosplay yells latin at you while pummelling you into the dirt, followed by a riveting game of spamming backdodge while your stamina regenerates."

Fighting against Centurion is frustrating and dying to his stunlock combo almost always feels unfair because there's no way to stop it once he gets started. And as a result, he gets hated on. And rightfully so, if you ask me - Centurion, as he exists now, is just plain old badly designed. He's too limited and weak to be any good for serious high level play, and he's too annoying and frustrating to fight against for low and mid level casual play. He doesn't fit in anywhere. The only thing he's good at is annoying people.

He needs a total rework, 100%.

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 11:53 AM
Wasn’t about that thread at all. lol

Knight_Raime
04-07-2018, 12:08 PM
Wasn’t about that thread at all. lol

I didn't mention any particular thread, iirc, just the general theme of threads hating on Centurion. Of which there are quite a few.

Vagueposting on a forum...? Oh dear...

Well, while there's any number of threads this could be aimed at, I have to assume you're talking about Centurion and how much hate he gets, yes? I'll go on record saying that I don't think Centurion is overpowered. If anything, he's underpowered because apart from his one stunlock combo, his stats and moveset variation are garbage.

But, the hate Cent' gets exists for a reason. And just because he's not overpowered in terms of stats doesn't mean he's exempt from criticism. I'm willing to bet that most of the hate directed at the class is based on his ability to destroy stamina and stunlock people into oblivion with relative ease, neither of which are enjoyable to fight against because it's basically the class saying "Hey, you know that fun, reaction-based medieval fighting game what you payed money for to play? You don't get to play that for the next five minutes, you get to play a game where an obnoxious man in bad Roman cosplay yells latin at you while pummelling you into the dirt, followed by a riveting game of spamming backdodge while your stamina regenerates."

Fighting against Centurion is frustrating and dying to his stunlock combo almost always feels unfair because there's no way to stop it once he gets started. And as a result, he gets hated on. And rightfully so, if you ask me - Centurion, as he exists now, is just plain old badly designed. He's too limited and weak to be any good for serious high level play, and he's too annoying and frustrating to fight against for low and mid level casual play. He doesn't fit in anywhere. The only thing he's good at is annoying people.

He needs a total rework, 100%.

It's pretty much considered by most people these days that he's bad.
(I actually think he's mostly fine but i'm used to not having the popular opinion.)

Pretty much conq and zerk are the 2 heros considered OP atm.
some people still rage about kensei or shaman. or even aramusha. but for the most part it's just those 2.

It's pretty much considered by most people these days that he's bad.
(I actually think he's mostly fine but i'm used to not having the popular opinion.)

Pretty much conq and zerk are the 2 heros considered OP atm.
some people still rage about kensei or shaman. or even aramusha. but for the most part it's just those 2.

Like I said, Centurion is badly designed right now. He's absolutely not OP, but he's still annoying as hell to fight against.

RenegadeTX2000
04-07-2018, 07:37 PM
not many people on here are that good. So you gotta take the bad with the worst. lmao

ArmoredChocobo
04-07-2018, 07:53 PM
If I’m #1 on the team, the rest must pretty bad. Win or Lose.

I’m not that great.

DoodTheMan
04-07-2018, 08:15 PM
No YOU'RE bad! #gotem #roast

Archeun
04-07-2018, 09:02 PM
You're welcome to your opinion. Just like many of us are open to ours. I don't think half the chars are OP. I think they are stupidly unbalanced especially specific ones like the reworked ones. The game started with 50k or so players on PC Steam. Within 6 months, they lost about 95% of that playerbase when it dropped to 1500-2500 people on at one time via Steam PC. While true that other platforms certainly exist, my point is simple. The game lost a huge amount of players and continues to lose and not gain players because of the numerous issues like balance. Practicing to get better is an option but it's not possible when people run into the numerous issues and quit the game. Gitting Gud isn't easy for many people. Many people don't have the time to invest in the game.

For some people, the game will always be fine regardless of how much cancer and trash is in it. On the other hand, the game could be perfect and some people would be unhappy. Here's a fact though. The game should have a huge population on PC and it's simply not the case. Ubisoft seems determined to fix the game by adding more cancerous items like unblockables, feints all over, fast attacks and CC. They've so far refused to balance feats (or better yet, get rid of the AOE ones) or taken steps to reduce the ganksquads in 4v4.

EDG_Avocado
04-07-2018, 09:30 PM
I thought I was bad, but If I can use my guard break whenever I press the button then I would be in the top 10 already. The button only works 30% of the time and I'm sure its not my mouse problem

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 10:03 PM
You're welcome to your opinion. Just like many of us are open to ours. I don't think half the chars are OP. I think they are stupidly unbalanced especially specific ones like the reworked ones. The game started with 50k or so players on PC Steam. Within 6 months, they lost about 95% of that playerbase when it dropped to 1500-2500 people on at one time via Steam PC. While true that other platforms certainly exist, my point is simple. The game lost a huge amount of players and continues to lose and not gain players because of the numerous issues like balance. Practicing to get better is an option but it's not possible when people run into the numerous issues and quit the game. Gitting Gud isn't easy for many people. Many people don't have the time to invest in the game.

For some people, the game will always be fine regardless of how much cancer and trash is in it. On the other hand, the game could be perfect and some people would be unhappy. Here's a fact though. The game should have a huge population on PC and it's simply not the case. Ubisoft seems determined to fix the game by adding more cancerous items like unblockables, feints all over, fast attacks and CC. They've so far refused to balance feats (or better yet, get rid of the AOE ones) or taken steps to reduce the ganksquads in 4v4.

I know there are balance issues, of course... but you can YouTube any single one of the heroes and you find someone dominating with them. And that’s my point. Once you’ve dedicated yourself to mastering the basics, anyone can beat anyone, hero wise. Yes, it’s easier with some characters, but possible none the less.

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 10:05 PM
I thought I was bad, but If I can use my guard break whenever I press the button then I would be in the top 10 already. The button only works 30% of the time and I'm sure its not my mouse problem

Then you’re not pressing (and holding) it in on time. How can some players CGB every time, but yet, your game is broken and it doesn’t work for you?

It works, you’re just not responding fast enough.

EDG_Avocado
04-07-2018, 10:30 PM
Then you’re not pressing (and holding) it in on time. How can some players CGB every time, but yet, your game is broken and it doesn’t work for you?

It works, you’re just not responding fast enough.

Nope, I can press it 100 times really fast and it won't work. THen five minutes later I press once and hundred times and it would work hundred times.
My reaction is sufficient enough for dis game

Vakris_One
04-07-2018, 10:47 PM
You're welcome to your opinion. Just like many of us are open to ours. I don't think half the chars are OP. I think they are stupidly unbalanced especially specific ones like the reworked ones. The game started with 50k or so players on PC Steam. Within 6 months, they lost about 95% of that playerbase when it dropped to 1500-2500 people on at one time via Steam PC. While true that other platforms certainly exist, my point is simple. The game lost a huge amount of players and continues to lose and not gain players because of the numerous issues like balance.
Actually it started with 45k players on Steam according to the official Steam chart:

http://steamcharts.com/app/304390#48h

It lost about 70% of its Steam players within a month, which is pretty bad. But the game has actually been steadily gaining players on Steam since Season 5 released in February 2018 according to the chart. The official word from Ubisoft and gaming media is that For Honor's playerbase has grown to 7.5 million players and 1 million monthly active users as of February 2018

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2018/02/14/for-honors-player-base-grows-to-75-million-1-million-active-users-per-month

https://www.pcgamesn.com/for-honor/for-honor-player-count?amp

If those numbers are to be believed then For Honor's player count is in a pretty healthy place for the time being. I just wonder when I won't have to wait 15-20 minutes to get into a ranked duel on PC but maybe the majority of players just don't like ranked.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 12:01 AM

Also, not having time to be a top tier player is not the games fault...

“I don’t practice but want to be as good as the best” doesn’t exactly fly with me.

They have to balance off of each classes ability, not each mediocre players ability.

If they don’t practice as I mentioned in my OP, it’s nobody’s fault but their own that they’re no good. And imo, there’s no credibility at that point to listen to what they have to say in regards to balance.

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 12:11 AM
And ppl coming in here pointing fingers at the game before even trying what I’ve advised is a testiment to exactly what I’m talking about.

Ppl would rather cry, than try.

ArchDukeInstinct
04-08-2018, 12:58 AM
Agreed. All these Conq haters that keep messaging me after I beat them ever since the rework happened should just come to terms with this sentiment.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 03:56 AM
If someone doesn't think this game has major balance issues... lul

Tirik22x
04-08-2018, 03:59 AM
If someone doesn't think this game has major balance issues... lul

It does, but nothing like what most ppl say. As a centurion main, there’s no hero that I fight 1v1 where I think it’s a guaranteed loss.

Yes, some characters are much easier to fight with/against, but they’re all manageable. And of course I want them all tweaked to be on a equal playing field.