PDA

View Full Version : I'll give up 100k steel

HazelrahFirefly
04-07-2018, 03:59 AM
per tournament ornament that I want. Mods, read this and go tell the financial team. I don't care about skill and getting gud. I'm done trying the tourney over and over again.

Go, go and tell them I will pay for them. Steel isn't super easy to obtain, so it means I will have to buy steel packs. Go and tell them you have a way to get money from people, me especially.

Tyrjo
04-07-2018, 07:10 AM
I think some items should be attainable only by achievement. Yes, that's really unfortunate if you don't manage to get it, but it increase the in game "value" of it.

ChampionRuby50g
04-07-2018, 08:33 AM
Itís not unfortunate if I play and win say 6 tournaments to never get an ornament for the hero Iím actually winning the tournaments yet, let alone none of the heroes I actually play, itís downright stupid. Say each tournament goes for an hour, thatís 6 hours roughly that Iíve wasted trying to get an ornament. There is no sense of achievement or value through that, just frustration.

Arekonator
04-07-2018, 12:28 PM
Just remember this thread next time someone complains about annoying grind that "forces" you to buy steel via real money. If you dont like that behavior, stop validating it with your vallet.

HazelrahFirefly
04-07-2018, 05:34 PM
Just remember this thread next time someone complains about annoying grind that "forces" you to buy steel via real money. If you dont like that behavior, stop validating it with your vallet.

I've never complained about it. In fact, I've stated the opposite. The grind is artificial and only affects those who think they need everything.

EvoX.
04-07-2018, 05:44 PM
You basically have to win two matches in a row for an ornament. Even if you go on a massive loss streak, that just means a de-rank and easier opponents, further increasing the chance you win those two matches.

Don't blow 60 Euros or whatever for something you can easily achieve without spending anything. More importantly, don't play into Ubisoft's greedy little hands like that.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 12:27 AM
There's nothing easy about it. Especially since I won't get to really try again for who knows how long. Sometimes you are in the tourney for 40+ minutes and at any moment I have things that require my attention.

Losing the final round over and over is beyond frustrating. Besides, I might have won last night but encountered an error and had to hard quit out. 2nd place automatically.

I'm done with it. Mods, tell them ill pay 200k steel.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 02:31 AM
Have you considered that this is exactly the point of these ornaments? As exclusive rewards that can only be obtained by passing a test of skill. When you finally win a tournament it will be that much sweeter when you get an ornament to permanently mark that milestone in your For Honor experience.

What would be the point of these ornaments if one could just buy them? Winning a tournament would feel beyond hollow when you know that people who just payed Ubi some cash got the very same ornament with none of the effort or skill it took you to get it. It would rob ranked duel of what little incentive there is to play it and further cheapen the already severe lack of skill based rewards/achievements in this game.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 02:49 AM
Seeing as how Ranked Mode is inherently broken, poorly managed and still in its preliminary beta state with no resolutions yet whatsoever on improvements or major tweaks to make it less of a frustrating and time-wasting experience, they should make those ornaments acquirable through very hard to fulfill orders, such as, land 350 executions in duels with a given hero to unlock the ornament. It still rewards you for gameplay poured into the game except that it's not trying to waste your time at every turn like in Ranked Mode.

Strictly speaking, this should become viable for all of the previous seasons' ornaments. The current-season ornaments still require you to finish a tournament. In season 6, the season 5 ornaments will then be acquirable through a very hard order like the example given above, and the S6 ornament will require the ranked duel tournament. This is a much better alternative imo. So if you want to avoid Ranked Mode, you gotta wait a season, and then finish the hard order. Both sides benefit from this solution. Players aren't ripped off further for some ornaments, and the company's servers keep registering gameplay activity on the game (i.e. game remains alive and kicking). And players still retain a sense of achievement from acquiring these ornaments.

Land 350 executions in duels, win 25 duels in a row within one hour, finish 15 duels in under a minute each, whatever. Hard orders that are actually hard from the gameplay side of things, not artificially imposed difficulty like Ranked Mode with all its waiting times, disconnects, boring announcement screens, and random Russian Roulette reward tiers.

Side note: there is no "skill" in Ranked Duel, people. Players lagswitch on purpose often, and anyone can freely swap heroes during semi-finals or finals and squeeze the cheese in the tightest way possible to win. You can half-arse the qualifiers with Valk because you want her ornament, then swap to Shaman and proceed to lag-WCR from there to victory. Where's the skill in that.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 03:14 AM
Seeing as how Ranked Mode is inherently broken, poorly managed and still in its preliminary beta state with no resolutions yet whatsoever on improvements or major tweaks to make it less of a frustrating and time-wasting experience, they should make those ornaments acquirable through very hard to fulfill orders, such as, land 350 executions in duels with a given hero to unlock the ornament. It still rewards you for gameplay poured into the game except that it's not trying to waste your time at every turn like in Ranked Mode.

Strictly speaking, this should become viable for all of S1, S2, S3 and S4 ornaments. The current-season ornaments still require you to finish a tournament. In season 6, the season 5 ornaments will then be acquirable through a very hard order like the example given above, and the S6 ornament will require the ranked duel tournament. This is a much better alternative imo. So if you want to avoid Ranked Mode, you gotta wait a season, and then finish the hard order. Both sides benefit from this solution. Players aren't ripped off further for some ornaments, and the company's servers keep registering gameplay activity on the game (i.e. game remains alive and kicking).

Side note: there is no "skill" in Ranked Duel, people. Players lagswitch on purpose often, and anyone can freely swap heroes during semi-finals or finals and squeeze the cheese in the tightest way possible to win. You can half-arse the qualifiers with Valk because you want her ornament, then swap to Shaman and proceed to lag-WCR from there to victory. Where's the skill in that.
Well I got Kensei, Highlander, Aramusha and Warden's ranked ornaments from winning the final round in a Tournament with each hero respectively but I guess that makes me a no skill cheesy lagswitcher ... ?

Never mind that I spent weeks getting good enough with Warden (a character I never really click with) just because I really wanted his ranked ornament because it looks awesome. Sorry Fady, but I don't agree that skill is not involved in winning a ranked tournament. Yes, it is a frustration fest that is often filled with the worst playstyles the game has to other as well as lag switchers from time to time but that doesn't diminish the small minority of us who actually sit through it all patiently and play legit and non-cheesy, and manage to win a ranked Tourney once in a while.

By all means voice disgruntlement about the poorly implemented ranked mode but be careful not to completely trample over your fellow players who did in fact show some level of skill in some honest, non-cheesy, non-lag switching 1v1 combat.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 03:21 AM
Well I got Kensei, Highlander, Aramusha and Warden's ranked ornaments from winning the final round in a Tournament with each hero respectively but I guess that makes me a no skill cheesy lagswitcher ... ?

Never mind that I spent weeks getting good enough with Warden (a character I never really click with) just because I really wanted his ranked ornament because it looks awesome. Sorry Fady, but I don't agree that skill is not involved in winning a ranked tournament. Yes, it is a frustration fest that is often filled with the worst playstyles the game has to other as well as lag switchers from time to time but that doesn't diminish the small minority of us who actually sit through it all patiently and play legit and non-cheesy, and manage to win a ranked Tourney once in a while.

By all means voice disgruntlement about the poorly implemented ranked mode but be careful to not to completely trample over your fellow players who did in fact show some level of skill in some honest, non-cheesy, non-lag switching 1v1 combat.

Not dismissing anyone's legitimate tournament wins, sorry if it sounded like that. I myself have won 3 tournaments and unlocked three ornaments for Warden. Used solely Warden in the tournaments because Warden is all I do.

My last line actually referred to a player I had reported at Ubisoft Customer Support. These people exist. And were it not for that player I'd have won that tournament, actually. I believe I shared this experience previously with HazelrahFirefly, I told him before of what happened, I think.

At any rate, my post wasn't aimed directly towards yours at all. Just like you, I carry legitimate tournament wins on my shoulders as well (even saved the vids). What I mostly hate about tournament mode is the fact that you may freely swap heroes mid-tournament.

No need to apologise, I may have worded the above post in a little wonky way. I owe you the apology. I'm still salty about that one player I reported who ruined my entire dual-pool tournament with a lagswitching Shaman WCR. For no reason other than to get an ornament for Valk, which he used in the qualifiers. All because he's allowed to swap heroes mid-tournament.

I have the proof footage on youtube as "unlisted", can send you the links in PM if you wish to see for yourself.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 03:36 AM
Not dismissing anyone's legitimate tournament wins, sorry if it sounded like that. I myself have won 3 tournaments and unlocked three ornaments for Warden. Used solely Warden in the tournaments because Warden is all I do.

My last line actually referred to a player I had reported at Ubisoft Customer Support. These people exist. And were it not for that player I'd have won that tournament, actually. I believe I shared this experience previously with HazelrahFirefly, I told him before of what happened, I think.

At any rate, my post wasn't aimed directly towards yours at all. Just like you, I carry legitimate tournament wins on my shoulders as well (even saved the vids). What I mostly hate about tournament mode is the fact that you may freely swap heroes mid-tournament.

No need to apologise, I may have worded the above post in a little wonky way. I owe you the apology.
In that case I'm sorry for coming on a bit strong. Ranked duel is far from where it actually needs to be quality-wise and earning the rewards do have an uneccessary layer of pain because of that.

Getting robbed right at the end by a lagswitcher is no fun at all, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I've encountered some lagswitchers myself but thankfully they have been rare for me. I do hope Ubi properly investigates such reports and issues bans where appropriate.

Just read your edit. He probably would have used a lag switch to win anyway but yeah, at least without hero swapping he'd need to at least fight through the qualifiers as the same hero and more chance of him getting reported or booted out for being laggy.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 03:45 AM
In that case I'm sorry for coming on a bit strong. Ranked duel is far from where it actually needs to be quality-wise and earning the rewards do have an uneccessary layer of pain because of that.

Getting robbed right at the end by a lagswitcher is no fun at all, I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. I've encountered some lagswitchers myself but thankfully they have been rare for me. I do hope Ubi properly investigates such reports and issues bans where appropriate.

Nah, don't be, no offense taken. My fault. I'm still salty about that match. Every time I rewatch the video it's like it happened yesterday. You have no idea how bad it was. It was actually my second ever successful tournament as well. And the first tournament where I was beating people and made it to the finals. Only to lose like that. Shame is not enough of a word, I don't know how to describe it.

If you ever get curious, I can PM you the link.

I was overall rep24 at the time. Today I'm overall rep70. See how much time has passed. I'm still salty about it...

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 03:52 AM
Nah, don't be, no offense taken. My fault. I'm still salty about that match. Every time I rewatch the video it's like it happened yesterday. You have no idea how bad it was. It was actually my second ever successful tournament as well. And the first tournament where I was beating people and made it to the finals. Only to lose like that. Shame is not enough of a word, I don't know how to describe it.

If you ever get curious, I can PM you the link.
Sure, send me the link. I got discouraged from playing ranked for quite some time after I saw the "tactics" some people would use there. The playerbase on PC ranked has thinned out drastically but it seems the people left playing it are more interested in having good fights, for the most part anyway.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 03:56 AM
Sure, send me the link. I got discouraged from playing ranked for quite some time after I saw the "tactics" some people would use there. The playerbase on PC ranked has thinned out drastically but it seems the people left playing it are more interested in having good fights, for the most part anyway.

Aighty then. Brace yourself for utter disgust. Gonna go fetch the links and PM them to you.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 04:04 AM
The problem is that time spent = ornaments, be it through number of tourneys attempted or playing to become great enough to win a tourney down the road.

It does not gel well with me at all that people with more free time get to have stuff that is entirely fashion-based.

I don't give two craps about winning btw. I've never cared, as a kid or now; I dont watch or play sports because is pointless to me. Now that fashion though? I want that mohawk-looking ornamnet so bad I will pay 500k steel for it.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 04:09 AM
The problem is that time spent = ornaments, be it through number of tourneys attempted or playing to become great enough to win a tourney down the road.

It does not gel well with me at all that people with more free time get to have stuff that is entirely fashion-based.

I don't give two craps about winning btw. I've never cared, as a kid or now; I dont watch or play sports because is pointless to me. Now that fashion though? I want that mohawk-looking ornamnet so bad I will pay 500k steel for it.

On Warden? the Pegasus Rider?

I don't want it. Hah. I have it, but don't want it. Now if Ubisoft allowed an in-game trading system between players and if you're on PS4, I'd have happily traded that for some other thing...

I had won that tournament and sought the Laurels ornament which is a season 3 ornament I believe. First I got a random ornament for Orochi (while I played Warden), then I got the Pegasus Rider. I gave up.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 04:12 AM
Aighty then. Brace yourself for utter disgust. Gonna go fetch the links and PM them to you.
Bracing for utter disgust in

https://pa1.narvii.com/6741/f8c25a6365aa49c03755494695468b736d253dd8_hq.gif

Well you could win the first tournament you ever attempted and get the ornament for that character as it is no longer RNG based so it's not technically about time spent playing.

bob333e
04-08-2018, 04:27 AM
Bracing for utter disgust in

https://pa1.narvii.com/6741/f8c25a6365aa49c03755494695468b736d253dd8_hq.gif

I feel bad for you for watching these videos, especially the second one. :c it's advanced cancer.

Vakris_One
04-08-2018, 04:30 AM
I feel bad for you for watching these videos, especially the second one. :c it's advanced cancer.
You weren't sugar coating. I think I need a round of chemo after watching the second video!

bob333e
04-08-2018, 04:36 AM
You weren't sugar coating. I think I need a round of chemo after watching the second video!

Never do, never will; only the bare truth, as bare as cold steel.

*performs A Moment Of Silence on your Kensei*

And oh yeah, welcome to my channel, subscribe yada yada. I upload one lame-arse vid once a month maybe. They're generally for the keks, should be good during your coffee time. :p

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 05:29 AM
On Warden? the Pegasus Rider?

I don't want it. Hah. I have it, but don't want it. Now if Ubisoft allowed an in-game trading system between players and if you're on PS4, I'd have happily traded that for some other thing...

I had won that tournament and sought the Laurels ornament which is a season 3 ornament I believe. First I got a random ornament for Orochi (while I played Warden), then I got the Pegasus Rider. I gave up.

Can I give you the steel? ; ;

bob333e
04-08-2018, 05:44 AM
Can I give you the steel? ; ;

If only.

Dry.Fish
04-08-2018, 08:41 PM
If you win an ornament for the hero you play and don't like it you should be able to exchange it for one of the other two remaining.

HazelrahFirefly
04-08-2018, 08:52 PM
If you win an ornament for the hero you play and don't like it you should be able to exchange it for one of the other two remaining.

I agree with you so strongly it hurts

Crosstails20
04-10-2018, 09:16 PM
I honestly really don't like opinion based threads, but since I am here I will, might as well throw my hat into the ring.

Crosstails20
04-10-2018, 09:39 PM
There is no correct answer to this problem. So I think it should be a privilege to have these ornaments, by proving that you are better than the rest and winning tournaments, but I also wouldn't mind a alternative where you have to pay money, right around $20 per and not being able to buy it with stell. But at the end of the day are you willing to spend hours on end, or a bunch of money on an ortament that doesn't even effect game play?

Crosstails20
04-10-2018, 09:42 PM
I said Good Fight as a simple way of saying Good Game or Good Round. Not a plead for mercy.