PDA

View Full Version : Highlander buff was too much???

Fancypants2400
04-07-2018, 01:41 AM
Just wanted to have a discussion on the highlander buffs that were implemented. So the new highlander buff has made him a very good 1v1 dueling character with his guessing 50/50 and great damage increases. However, I believe some of the buffs were too substantial. Fixing the tracking on the grab was a well needed buff (before it was basically worthless) and the celtic curse soft faint was a very creative way to diversify his moveset. I believe his unblockables heavy attacks do to much damage from there buff from 30 damage to 40 making him able to kill most of the roster in only 3 attacks. The #1 xbox highlander Hound Of Tara has also shared this opinion believing his unblockable should be reduced down to 35 damage making him have to do at least an extra hit to kill most characters. this extra hit if reduced to 35 would only be from 10 points (shinobi) to 55 for shugoki. It would tone down his potential in 1v1 and his unblockable spam in 4v4 and would only require a n extra light attack to kill all but 4 of the cast.

Kahuf1
04-07-2018, 06:29 AM
In my opinion, Highlanders offencive stance is rly high risk to do and its easy to "counter". So why he should be less powerfull then Raiders, Wardens, Kenseis? Noone have so much disadvantages for unblocables or heavies like Highlander.

Fancypants2400
04-07-2018, 07:23 AM
In my opinion, Highlanders offencive stance is rly high risk to do and its easy to "counter". So why he should be less powerfull then Raiders, Wardens, Kenseis? Noone have so much disadvantages for unblocables or heavies like Highlander.

I disagree in offensive stance highlander has so many mixups that when playing against one you have a complete 50/50 from the kick to grab combo that can 3 shot you and avoiding other attacks while in offensive stance is laughably easy as people throw out highly telegraphed attacks and with a 400ms dodge recovery he can just dodge over and over again avoiding even the fastest attack chains in the game including aramusha and berserker. He is definitely better than warden and raider and I don't believe entering offensive stance is a risk at all. The main reason I and again, the #1 Highlander think the unblockables are too strong and deal to much is that his are completely guaranteed off his 50/50. Imagine if warden, every time he hit you with his shoulder bash, did 40 instead of the 25 he does now. and not only does highlander have the basic 50/50 as warden but can apply pressure with offensive lights, normal unblockable heavies (that can track a side dodge), and can cancel into a guard break. But if you can explain why you believe why warden, or raider is better off than highlander I'm willing to respond with my thoughts

BarbeQMichael
04-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Raider and Shugoki hit still harder with heavies, with kensei, warden, nobu having almost as much damage on their heavies. Apart from shugo, they hit even faster than HL with their heavies. Yet no one complains about them.

Offensive stance is mostly a suicide for highlander unless guaranteed from light parry, because he has no defences in it (he literally cannot block or cgb) so all you have to do when you see him trying it is to poke with attack or gb.

The buff pulled HL out of trashbin, but imo while he can be fun to play, he is still nowhere near competetive hero as long as his lights are still 600ms and he has bad recoveries.

We can just wait for next season to get stats how the buff affected HL, is he now even close to winning 50% of his fights.

Protos_88
04-07-2018, 07:46 AM
Raider and Shugoki hit still harder with heavies, with kensei, warden, nobu having almost as much damage on their heavies. Apart from shugo, they hit even faster than HL with their heavies. Yet no one complains about them.

Offensive stance is mostly a suicide for highlander unless guaranteed from light parry, because he has no defences in it (he literally cannot block or cgb) so all you have to do when you see him trying it is to poke with attack or gb.

The buff pulled HL out of trashbin, but imo while he can be fun to play, he is still nowhere near competetive hero as long as his lights are still 600ms and he has bad recoveries.

We can just wait for next season to get stats how the buff affected HL, is he now even close to winning 50% of his fights.

haha rly....

Knight_Raime
04-07-2018, 08:04 AM
Hound of tara was also laughed out of his own thread because he was thinking highlander is actually a good group fighter. and good at 4v4 in general.
It's really hard for HL to stay in OF during a team fight due to both enemy and friendly hits being able to knock him out of it.
Highlander has to get into offensive form in order to be decent. and most of the cast can comfortably pressure him out of it.

If it wasn't so hard for him to get into OF or stay in OF he'd be a lot better duelist.

SaschoS
04-07-2018, 08:56 AM
um Highlander is pretty ******ed one move champ that can be countered easily no testing I guess

Kahuf1
04-07-2018, 01:52 PM
1. Highlander have NO 50/50. If u train coerect dodge timing to his kick (know u need practice to master this) u avoid / dodge his feint kick into grab too. 50/50 means u have to guess what button or combination use. In his kick feinted to grab combo u can perform backroll, perform late dodge or perform light attack with step back. 3 posibilities to avoid or even punish.

2. Highlanders off stance is powerful and have 400ms dodge recover, BUT have no defence, no CGB, he can do like 4 light attacks which consume whole stamina bar and do 10 damage with it. Every 400ms side lights are pretty hard to react and dont tell about zone attacks (near imposible to dodge) so u have free damage.

3. All his off stance mixups and its counters:
- heavy feint into light (only same direction) - simple block
- heavy feint into kick/grab - late dodge
- kick feinted into grab - late dodge
There is no combos, just 400ms light or 800ms heavy. Thats all. Every his feints are countered by late dodge, so learn his timing and he will be again in thash tier.

4. Like 3/4 of his game comes from off stance. And i dont want to copy myself, but his off stance is like "hey enemy, hit me with ur fastest attack for free". Or against someone, who keep pressure to highlander, u simply cant enter to off stance so u have only 1/4 ur movement list whole fight.

5. I rly want to all highlanders haters try to play him here in assasins /softfeints meta.

Fancypants2400
04-07-2018, 04:51 PM
1. Highlander have NO 50/50. If u train coerect dodge timing to his kick (know u need practice to master this) u avoid / dodge his feint kick into grab too. 50/50 means u have to guess what button or combination use. In his kick feinted to grab combo u can perform backroll, perform late dodge or perform light attack with step back. 3 posibilities to avoid or even punish.

2. Highlanders off stance is powerful and have 400ms dodge recover, BUT have no defence, no CGB, he can do like 4 light attacks which consume whole stamina bar and do 10 damage with it. Every 400ms side lights are pretty hard to react and dont tell about zone attacks (near imposible to dodge) so u have free damage.

3. All his off stance mixups and its counters:
- heavy feint into light (only same direction) - simple block
- heavy feint into kick/grab - late dodge
- kick feinted into grab - late dodge
There is no combos, just 400ms light or 800ms heavy. Thats all. Every his feints are countered by late dodge, so learn his timing and he will be again in thash tier.

4. Like 3/4 of his game comes from off stance. And i dont want to copy myself, but his off stance is like "hey enemy, hit me with ur fastest attack for free". Or against someone, who keep pressure to highlander, u simply cant enter to off stance so u have only 1/4 ur movement list whole fight.

5. I rly want to all highlanders haters try to play him here in assasins /softfeints meta.

I bought the highlander after the reworks and since then have gotten him all the way to rep 2 through only duels with 0 contracts. IDK how much time that equivocates to it, but in duels in have a 71 win percentage with him and I've fought against every person on the roster with him. I still don't believe it is suicide at all to be inside of offensive stance because, like I said in my other post, he has a 400 ms dodge recovery that can dodge almost all attacks and just poking him with a light is not as easy as it sounds. After a celtic curse if someone tries to light attack a highlander out of his stance or guardbreak him, he can give a light attack that then, if they try to light attacks again, his kick will hit them before they can use their light attack. Most of what your saying is based off a timing that can dodge the kick to grab but, I say that even if there is a specific timing that can dodge his kick to grab AND the kick then the window is probably very small and that people can not consistently repeat but again. If another opponent could theoretically do the timing perfect to dodge both the kick to grab and kick perfectly every-time, then the highlander could go stray into a grab without kicking and that, if you don't dodge as soon as you see it, will track your late dodge and take 1/3 of your health away. All i'm saying is that I believe his offensive heavies deal more damage then is needed fro him to be a good character. Taking his 40 damge offensive heavies to 35 would only require him to deal 15 damage to every person in the roster except 4 of them and can still 3 shot centurion and shinobi

RenegadeTX2000
04-07-2018, 07:29 PM
I agree with the 35 damage nerf instead of his 40 damage... But buff everything else about him that makes him inconsistent. Drives me crazy lol