PDA

View Full Version : Overpowered attitude

refraction_it
04-06-2018, 08:56 AM
Dear Ubisoft, great minds behind your games but can't say the same about logical skills.

is that possible that, in every game you do, you need to continuously nerf characters?

What the **** is going on with the ****ing Berserker?? Just to name one... and not to say something about Centurion or Shaman and Shinobi...
They are ****ing overpowered and the game lost its entertainment this way..

Then, there is also a big lack of power between Vanguard Heroes and hybrid ones, c'mon......
Same issue as for The Division, c'mon balance it !!!

Thanks...

BadBOO17
04-06-2018, 09:04 AM
I wouldnt consider the berserker OP but i would say hes very strong right now with his hyper armored attacks and solid mix up game. Nobi and cent arent OP either. Both are squishy and cent is very predictable. Shaman on the other hand you have the right to hate on.

Charmzzz
04-06-2018, 09:40 AM
Zerker is, after PK, the second best hero in the game right now. Conq and Kensei closely after, Shaman just below those two imo. Shinobi and Cent are B or even C-Tier, very predictable and easy to counter if you know what they are capable of.

Still, this game favors skill over hero tier. Hero tiers only come into play when the best of the best are facing each other. In lower skill brackets you can stomp with every hero. Everytime I get matched against people "double arrow lower than me", I stomp them even with Warden who is B-tier at best.

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 09:44 AM
Did you just say Cent is overpowered..?

refraction_it
04-06-2018, 10:09 AM
LOL yes it is, and I still believe that. C'mon guys Cent is OP !!!
About Berserker and Shinobi, guys you say they are predictable? I am not the best on this game for sure but I do my job, when the Berserker start his lateral combo, it's impossible to block it. Cent is even faster than Orochi, and Shaman also has combos impossible to stop.
There is a big difference between heroes...

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 10:13 AM
You’ve got to be trolling.

I won’t even entertain it.

Git gud.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 10:15 AM
Zerker I wouldn't call OP. Slightly over tuned. Admittingly I don't see what else they could have done to make zerkers kit function at a higher level.
Centurion isn't OP. Only thing he ever had going for him was his easy access punishes. He no longer gets easy access to them. So now you have a character who has semi decent lights and decent heavies and that's it. I don't really think he needs a rework and is basically fine where he's at. but most will disagree and say he's very UP.

Shaman has a lot of options but almost all of them if read properly are punished super hard by the majority of the cast.
I feel her and glad are about in the sweet spot when it comes to design. Both have relatively decent options for most skill levels.
Both use most of their kit at most skill levels. And both have one cheesy ish thing about them which makes them more annoying than "op."

okay no. Shinobi isn't OP. he's just annoying. Guy has no offense of his own. bad guard decay. All he has is superior mobility and decent interrupt game.

Charmzzz
04-06-2018, 10:21 AM
Comepletely agree with Knight_Raime except Zerker. Having constantly 400ms hyperarmored lights, the best deflect and heavy hitting unblockables on one character is, imo, the nearest thing to call OP in this game at the moment. PK and Zerker have to be toned down a bit.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 10:29 AM
Comepletely agree with Knight_Raime except Zerker. Having constantly 400ms hyperarmored lights, the best deflect and heavy hitting unblockables on one character is, imo, the nearest thing to call OP in this game at the moment. PK and Zerker have to be toned down a bit.

tbh the only thing keeping zerker out of "op" territory for me is the stamina cost a zerk has to expend to get some damage on me. I super turtle against really feinty zerks and so they expend about 3/4ths of their stamina to manage to land one light maybe 2 on me. That and because i've got decent muscle memory with him the feint UB's he was given rarely work on me. I will admit that 400ms HA'd lights from neutral are too much and should have the armor removed. We've had that talk before. Beyond that though I feel like he'd be fine.

tbh i'm more concerned about conq's zone atm. since I think zerker is the only one who can actually counter that without a parry.

refraction_it
04-06-2018, 10:37 AM
I agree about the Shinobi btw, that's true, probably not OP but very annoying, especially with the slide...
Centurion, Shinobi, Shaman and Berserker is a dream team

refraction_it
04-06-2018, 10:41 AM
Yes I didn't mention the Conq, it's like invincible..

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 10:45 AM
I agree about the Shinobi btw, that's true, probably not OP but very annoying, especially with the slide...

Centurion is a fantastic ganker but a poor team fighter. He's got nothing that's good VS multiple enemies at once and his famous cutscene combo really interrupts the flow of a team fight and doesn't aid the team in any fashion.

Shinobi has no presence in a team fight beyond ranged GB. But that's only if you can manage to land it when someone isn't attacking because that makes your GB whiff. He also has a poor time defending against multiple opponents. Really he's just bad in team fights.

Shaman is one of the best gankers. and an okay team fight person.

Zerk is alright gank wise. and alright team fight wise.

Charmzzz
04-06-2018, 10:45 AM

In Dominion? No. Pick Raider, Lawbringer, Shaman and Nobushi/PK - profit.

Raider and Lawbringer are, by a good margin, the best Dominion picks cause of Stampede, unparryable Zone in Teamfights on Raider and Impale and Shove on Lawbringer.
Shaman in combination with Nobu (if you want a good minion clear) or PK (if you want a better duelist) is a very tough combo due to the bleeds and followup from the Shaman.

Baturai
04-06-2018, 12:13 PM
Berserker can get free zone after every Parry with a lightning fast light follow up Parry changes makes it now almost impossible for Vanguards and Reflex Guard Assassins to Parry. becuase assassins have mini stun after getting hit. sometimes your guard doesnt even register due the connection issues.
He can parry by pressing zone attack. or distract opponents combo. ( just like pk zone) issues with Pressing Zone timing ? makro helps.
if it doesnt parry , your hero is still safe to perform an automatic Zone. his backwards zone is like Conqs Zone.
. 3 Zone with successful light follow up kills any Assassin in the game as well as cent. Not op ?
Let alone blocking, Parry is almost impossible. Deflect ? his combo still keeps going. he deals alot more damage while you perfom a deflect. The only way to beat this hero is stay distance watch his stamina go down. and try your "luck"

i dont even have to mention the Hyper armor and tracks he has.

CheekyKemosabe
04-06-2018, 02:54 PM
I had a pretty wild and aggressive rant a while back about cent being op. But the thing is, i listened to the advice people here gave me and its been so long since ive lost to a centurian and thought "its because he's op!".

When you take the time to learn the hero and practice, whether it be against bots or players, youll find that its not a matter of overpowered moves or skill sets but of knowing how you could have done it better.

Also speaking as a zermer main, he's in a much better spot now than he was the last 4 season, with no way to open up a player who sits and waits and a risky feint game that could be interrupted if the opponent knew what they were doing. That being said, non of his rework made him op, it just made him more viable in combat.

So ill make the same suggestion to you that helped me when i was raging. Take some time to really learn the heroes potential and movesets then keep at it until they just cant beat you. It really does help.

UbiJurassic
04-06-2018, 07:35 PM
LOL yes it is, and I still believe that. C'mon guys Cent is OP !!!
About Berserker and Shinobi, guys you say they are predictable? I am not the best on this game for sure but I do my job, when the Berserker start his lateral combo, it's impossible to block it. Cent is even faster than Orochi, and Shaman also has combos impossible to stop.
There is a big difference between heroes...

Do you mind expanding upon why you think Centurion is OP? If we understand what you find frustrating about the hero, perhaps we can look to give you some pointers to counter him. :)

Dry.Fish
04-06-2018, 07:54 PM
Do you mind expanding upon why you think Centurion is OP? If we understand what you find frustrating about the hero, perhaps we can look to give you some pointers to counter him. :)
Walls are OP

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 08:41 PM
Walls are OP

So a character that punishes you for getting close to a wall (and actually relies on it for his biggest threat) is op..?

Pro-tip: Stay away from walls.

Mind blowing, I know.

Card1acArrest
04-06-2018, 10:15 PM
As usual, people do not distinct between 1v1 and 4v4 (a few did).

in an even 4v4, most classes even out.
in a gank 4v4, cent, raider, kensei, Shaman and for sure HL are powerful due to unblockables. and zerk.

shugoki die very fast v 2-3 ppl.

pk is also awesome to create 2v1 by moving fast or by killing wounded strays.

As for zerks in particular.. annoying if you let them in for sure.. keep them at distance..

Dry.Fish
04-06-2018, 11:06 PM
So a character that punishes you for getting close to a wall (and actually relies on it for his biggest threat) is op..?

Pro-tip: Stay away from walls.

Mind blowing, I know.
Yo! Don't take it seriously.

EvoX.
04-06-2018, 11:17 PM
I don't really think he needs a rework and is basically fine where he's at...

Centurion is most definitely not fine where he's at. He needs a sizable buff or a full on rework. He's complete garbage when it comes to above average play, a number of pro players has said the same on stream as well.

Imagine if the community manager that responded here actually forwards to the devs that Centurion needs a nerf. Facepalm. Hopefully they've learned to filter out people who don't know what they're talking about from the ones that do.

At OP: The only characters who currently need to be toned down are Conqueror and Zerker. PK also needs one, but she's a bit different: if she gets nerfed in any way as she is now, she'll most likely be too unrewarding to play, seeing as how, unlike the previous two, she has zero openers and very limited mix-up potential. She needs a nerf with a buff, if that makes any sense.

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 11:35 PM
Centurion is most definitely not fine where he's at. He needs a sizable buff or a full on rework. He's complete garbage when it comes to above average play, a number of pro players has said the same on stream as well.

Imagine if the community manager that responded here actually forwards to the devs that Centurion needs a nerf. Facepalm. Hopefully they've learned to filter out people who don't know what they're talking about from the ones that do.

At OP: The only characters who currently need to be toned down are Conqueror and Zerker. PK also needs one, but she's a bit different: if she gets nerfed in any way as she is now, she'll most likely be too unrewarding to play, seeing as how, unlike the previous two, she has zero openers and very limited mix-up potential. She needs a nerf with a buff, if that makes any sense.

Agreed completely, minus zerker needing nerf.

It’s crazy that below average players think that Cent is OP. That’s a tell tell sign that they literally have no clue how to play this game.

Cent definitely needs a buff. Not a huge one, but definitely needs it. A slight health buff, and another move or two would suffice. Perhaps a dodge attack. Similar to Valkyrie’s dodge attack, I believe would make him much more versatile.

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 11:38 PM
Yo! Don't take it seriously.

I take a nerf cry against my main, when he needs a buff, seriously.

Dry.Fish
04-07-2018, 12:29 AM
I take a nerf cry against my main, when he needs a buff, seriously.
Fair enough, but I was being sarcastic.
He is very annoying to fight with his heavy soft feint GB game. I wouldn't be mad if he had another move so he didn't rely on GB so much.
Try being a Valkyrie main.. She really needs somethen especially against turtle's. When she's just parry bait.

Knight_Raime
04-07-2018, 07:55 AM
Berserker can get free zone after every Parry with a lightning fast light follow up Parry changes makes it now almost impossible for Vanguards and Reflex Guard Assassins to Parry. becuase assassins have mini stun after getting hit. sometimes your guard doesnt even register due the connection issues.
He can parry by pressing zone attack. or distract opponents combo. ( just like pk zone) issues with Pressing Zone timing ? makro helps.
if it doesnt parry , your hero is still safe to perform an automatic Zone. his backwards zone is like Conqs Zone.
. 3 Zone with successful light follow up kills any Assassin in the game as well as cent. Not op ?
Let alone blocking, Parry is almost impossible. Deflect ? his combo still keeps going. he deals alot more damage while you perfom a deflect. The only way to beat this hero is stay distance watch his stamina go down. and try your "luck"

i dont even have to mention the Hyper armor and tracks he has.

It's not easy to input the zone after a parry because you need to wait to not due your automatic riposte. Not everyone has the ability to macro. Most people play with controller so that's not really a good point against the difficulty of doing so.
Zerk gets a follow up light after his zone lands yes. But i'm like 80% sure if you parry the zone's 3rd or 4th hit it counts as a light parry punish. So it's a risky move in it of itself.
Anyone in the game can zone option select. Pk's is strong because she has basically no recovery on her cancel. allowing her to avoid/deflect any follow up. Zerk doesn't have this but does get HA on the follow up light. Which can be useful in a team fight.

His backwards zone is nothing like conqs. Zerks backwards zone can't be parried. But it can't be feinted. and it costs a lot of stamina. also what you can do with it follow up wise is very specific. I suggest you go and watch Feeze's video on the bacwards zone. It's a very niche tool. It's very basic use is to try and catch someone who's trying to whiff punish the missed backwards zone with either a light or a dodge attack to cancel the end recovery on it. Conq's zone blocks any attack and those it cant the light (which can be canceled after one spin) will knock them out of it. So majority of unblockables don't work against it either. Both zones are completely different. idk why you compared them.

Zerk isn't OP because he still can't open a turtle. His neutral game got some what better. But it's still rather easy to block his neutral attacks as a static guard hero.

Knight_Raime
04-07-2018, 07:59 AM

I am actively talking with competitive players. I'm aware of what they think of him and why they think so. I don't agree. Essentially speaking he's got decent basics. his lights and heavies. and his kick some what. the rest of what he has is situational. But they're what allow him to be scary from a single mistake. Buffing his current options as is would make him broken again. The only way they could "buff" cent to make him acceptable to the high tier group of people is if they basically redid the kit from the ground up. Which is never going to happen.

conq's zone should be looked at. zerk should lose HA on neutral feinted lights. then they'd both be fine. pk needs buffs and nerfs.

Playing_Mantis
04-07-2018, 08:52 AM
yes i agree zerker is just a beast, no need to have hyper armor on all these attacks. then pk is super op.. i don't mind as much because not many people play her. shaman is not that powerful anymore, people just rage about the bite is all because its annoying to get taken out of the game by this. but the conc,zerker,pk,cent(i think at least his punish needs a towndown),aramushi spam attacks vs assassins are a bit too strong.
conc is a joke.getting to the point where i just quit the match when i se one. of course i play orochi so everyone is broke to me. i can actually beat shamans and gladiators, but when i see a zerker or a conc its auto loss.

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 10:52 AM
yes i agree zerker is just a beast, no need to have hyper armor on all these attacks. then pk is super op.. i don't mind as much because not many people play her. shaman is not that powerful anymore, people just rage about the bite is all because its annoying to get taken out of the game by this. but the conc,zerker,pk,cent(i think at least his punish needs a towndown),aramushi spam attacks vs assassins are a bit too strong.
conc is a joke.getting to the point where i just quit the match when i se one. of course i play orochi so everyone is broke to me. i can actually beat shamans and gladiators, but when i see a zerker or a conc its auto loss.

No... half the hero’s are not OP.

Honestly, you just don’t fully understand how to play. I myself, used to think that until I made the decision to git gud... so I spent hours fighting the lvl 2 bots, then when I mastered that, I spent hours (and still do) fighting the lvl 3 bots. But I wouldn’t just go in and smash buttons... I would focus on one particular part of my skill set. So I would go in and think “ok, I’m soley focusing on defense” and I would not worry about anything but blocking attacks. Then “ok, now I will not let myself be guard broken”, and add that layer to my defense. Then “now, I’m going to focus on nothing but parties”. Then counters. Then combos. Then progressively longer chains. Then hard feints. Then soft feints. Etc.

Try that before you think that 90% of the heroes are OP.

You’re skill will increase exponentially, and you’ll be much more valuable to the forums.

Sekiro...
06-01-2018, 07:05 AM
up