PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft, and their regards to the communities wants/suggestions

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 02:07 AM
Lately I posted about how much the community want new armor, and that Ubi keeps saying that it's hard or some other excuse as to why they don't do it. Then I realized the state the community is in, and the stages of it, and the reactions of many people. Here are the stages.

Everyone is Happy
Everyone is a Little Bummed Out
The Community is Sad
The Community is Mad
The Community has Given Up

Right now we are at the going to the last stage, the community has given up. Some people, like me, are still standing up to turn the game around while others just stopped knowing the game will never be what the community wants it to be.

The way I know this is through the many ways people responded on threads talking about new armor, more immersion, less fantasy, suggestions and stuff like that. Many include longing for that thing, others are responding with absolutely no hope, while others are responding at anger towards Ubisoft. Ubisoft needs to change its ways and listen to the community of For Honor. Rather than giving an excuse. Which is why Ubisoft needs to listen to its community!

I have pictures of what people said, and how Ubisoft can take this and actually do something about it, because they can't seem to do it.

https://i.imgur.com/GG0t601.png

This is evidence that we are heading towards the worst stage of our community, that people lose hope. Now Ubisoft must start listnening and actually taking into account of our suggestions and wants! If not they will have a dead game on their hand, and the game developers will sadly become unemployed. So they better do something about this.

https://i.imgur.com/GDeidZY.jpg

This is regarding to diversity on the customization of the heroes. Veerdin-Wraith states that he has experience from modeling, and that what you need to do with Peacekeeper's models to make a male option. Granted, it's not that simple, with all the armor now that's going to take awhile. However laziness does not excuse not doing. Ubisoft has to realize that more diversity could actually lead more players to come back to the game, without having the gender-locked heroes, this could actually make this game closer to the target gameplay footage (if Ubisoft is still trying to do that). Also this regards the new armor issue, Veerdin does actually make a point that the developers already made the Oni armor. If it's still in the files they can re-release it or fix it so that it doesn't "bug" like it use to do. Also since the developers has concept models and art they can look off of that and replicate it or be inspired by it. Nobody wants the spikes anymore, make something new! Big things don't happen with laziness Ubisoft.

https://i.imgur.com/q1Z5Q26.jpg

This is regarding Ubisoft's lame responses to the communities wants or need, it's usually a set-up of them acting like its a cool idea- then going onto "forward" this to the developers- which then just makes a lame excuse/response to something that could actually change the game in a good way. Ubisoft has to start actually caring in our responses and suggestion. One time I adressed the Oni armor and one of the Ubisoft guys told me that 'We removed the Oni armor because the back part bounces weirdly.' Really!? Bounces weirdly!? These excuses have been stretched so thin you cant even see them anymore. And who knows? They probably will just skim over this and "forward" it to the developers too.

https://i.imgur.com/87F8IFV.png

We all know that it does pay to make new stuff, that is what I underlined in the image. That players would probably drop more money on a game if stuff they wanted to see actually came out. Maybe have the new armor cost 3000 steel or something, however it's an guarantee. Also it does take time to make something, which is underlined in light-blue. Ubisoft doesn't have to pop out 2 new armor sets for every hero per season, maybe have one armor set per season, then go off from there. Also it would speed-up the process if Ubisoft would stop developing battle-outfits and ornaments for a bit to up the speed of making these new armor choices, or rebalanceing correctly, or actually taking into account the peoples actions towards the game and respond accordingly.

In conclusion, Ubisoft should get off of their butts and actually do something huge to the game! They probably don't want unemployed people? Do they? They don't want the game to be forgotten, do they? Maybe they do, at least that's what it seems like at the moment. Get up Ubi and know what you have to do.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Thusly ending my speech.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 01:25 PM
I worked too hard for this to go to waste.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 01:33 PM
I worked too hard for this to go to waste.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 01:39 PM
.... why did my comment duplicate?

SpaceJim12
04-06-2018, 02:12 PM
I think I'm on the last stage.

XJadeDragoonX
04-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Gotta remember that at the end of the day, this is their game. They don't have to really do anything we ask. The game has already delivered everything the season pass offered and more. They could just give us nothing if they really wanted

Tyrjo
04-06-2018, 02:57 PM
There are more pressing matters to spend their budget on than more genders. It's fine the way it is. Just leave it.

SpaceJim12
04-06-2018, 03:06 PM
Gotta remember that at the end of the day, this is their game. They don't have to really do anything we ask. The game has already delivered everything the season pass offered and more. They could just give us nothing if they really wanted

Work with normal game, but For Honor are game-as-service for sure. And when you choose this model of development, you should listen your community.
On other hand, devs really took good profit from game sales and could move on. But still, For Honor 2 will never be succeed, cause first game failed from community side.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 03:44 PM
cause first game failed from community side.

same with Titanfall 1... then came Titanfall 2 and everybody loved it.

SpaceJim12
04-06-2018, 04:21 PM
same with Titanfall 1... then came Titanfall 2 and everybody loved it.

Titanfall were not game-as-service. And Titanfall were not loose it's playerbase in couple weeks after release. So, bad example.

In this case, I think, we should remember Evolve. Even free-to-play didn't help this game. Don't think we will see Sea of Thieves 2.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 06:47 PM
Im just going to say that above me is evidence that supports my claim.

DoctorMcBatman
04-06-2018, 06:50 PM

This. I've been thinking about making a dedicated thread to discuss this issue, but I'm bored at work so let's do it here and now. I'll admit, it's a bit convoluted with the level of community interaction and the persistent nature of the game/development (so they can sell Steel I guess). But no: Ubisoft does not have to consider any of our suggestions. This is their creative and commercial content and they owe us nothing, not legally and not out of the some misconstrued conception that the devs are slaves to the community (well, they owe us a working game that doesn't boot you 1 of every 3 matches, but they finally gave us that). We're not Kickstarter backers, or investors, or anything more than customers. And while complaining is often valid, it's important to remember they don't owe us ****.

Hero balancing is an issue, feat balancing is an issue, there are lots of little minor (but very annoying) bugs. But these issues are not subject to players whims. I do a lot of complaining here, but it's mostly venting. I like the game, and I'm going to keep playing it unless something catastrophic occurs. And while I don't believe Ubisoft is obligated to make changes players want, it doesn't mean we should stop petitioning.

And the devs have indeed adhered to community preferences and feedback quite a bit (Shinobi, Cent, Shaman, dedicated servers, hero reworks etc.). Other glaring issues have gone unnoticed, or barely acknowledged, but there has been some solid back-and-forth between Ubisoft and the community. Not as much as we'd like though, and not at the pace we'd like.

BTW this is not addressed toward every person on this forum, just some (including myself tbh :P)

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 08:45 PM
This. I've been thinking about making a dedicated thread to discuss this issue, but I'm bored at work so let's do it here and now. I'll admit, it's a bit convoluted with the level of community interaction and the persistent nature of the game/development (so they can sell Steel I guess). But no: Ubisoft does not have to consider any of our suggestions. This is their creative and commercial content and they owe us nothing, not legally and not out of the some misconstrued conception that the devs are slaves to the community (well, they owe us a working game that doesn't boot you 1 of every 3 matches, but they finally gave us that). We're not Kickstarter backers, or investors, or anything more than customers. And while complaining is often valid, it's important to remember they don't owe us ****.

Hero balancing is an issue, feat balancing is an issue, there are lots of little minor (but very annoying) bugs. But these issues are not subject to players whims. I do a lot of complaining here, but it's mostly venting. I like the game, and I'm going to keep playing it unless something catastrophic occurs. And while I don't believe Ubisoft is obligated to make changes players want, it doesn't mean we should stop petitioning.

And the devs have indeed adhered to community preferences and feedback quite a bit (Shinobi, Cent, Shaman, dedicated servers, hero reworks etc.). Other glaring issues have gone unnoticed, or barely acknowledged, but there has been some solid back-and-forth between Ubisoft and the community. Not as much as we'd like though, and not at the pace we'd like.

BTW this is not addressed toward every person on this forum, just some (including myself tbh :P)

Uh... actually they owe us the game depicted in the trailers. I paid for that.

What I didnít pay for is an unbalanced glitter and gold festival, with rainbows shooting out of my ***, as I sprinkle salt over my ganked enemy.

RenegadeTX2000
04-06-2018, 08:47 PM
guys are thinking too much on it... If you like it, play it. Like any other game ever.

XJadeDragoonX
04-06-2018, 09:09 PM
They gave us the game in the trailer. Samurai vs knights vs Vikings. We have that. We bought a game with a full story mode and a fleshed out multiplayer mode and most people on here have spent hundreds of hours players the game. We've all MORE than got our 60 dollars with. Or the extra we paid for the season pass. You're kidding yourselves if you think you deserve more from the devs to be honest.

Be grateful for what they do give us. They didn't HAVE to give us reworks. Or dedicated servers. They chose to. This game will never be balanced. No fighting game is. I dare you to find me one game where every single playable character is viable on a competitive level. You'll come up with nothing. So most of our complaints are either assinine or impossible to accomish. You can't buff one character without it indirectly nerfing another. That's how games work. The game will be infinitely in a state of unbalance as things change and that's fine.

And for the person who said for honor 2 won't succeed because this was a community failure, you're wrong. Dead wrong. The "community" of for honor is a fraction of a fraction of the player base. The vast majority of players don't bother even looking at forums or the website or anything. They just get on and play and if they hate something about the game, they just complain to their friends and keep playing anyway. Forum and Reddit users are the most whiny people on the internet and are the actual worst part of the game.

Imagine a world where none of us came on to this forum to voice our complaints and instead just enjoyed the product for what it is. You'd probably like it more since you wouldn't have an outlet to continually ***** and moan about everything that doesn't get fixed to your liking anyway. The fact that you can actually come on here and complain with other people that are complaining just gives you a feeling of entitlement and greed that is misplaced and honestly, insignificant.

You can't tell me a game that just a month or two ago had over 1 million active users a full YEAR after it's release for the start of a new system. That is hype and excitement over a game people love if I've ever seen it.

Just my two cents. I have nothing against anyone on here. But this is just the truth. So take it however you like I guess lol.

Ianoneshot
04-06-2018, 09:12 PM

*claps*

ArmoredChocobo
04-06-2018, 09:38 PM
Some of the gender restrictions never made sense to me.

Take the Nobushi:

Lore-wise they're the elites of the peasant militia, battle-hardened soldiers that went from ploughshares to swords (or...Naginatas, in this case). Why are they always female? Yeah, they're a reference to the Onna, but they keep to their households and villages while the men are away. The Onna weren't front-lines fighters unless their town WAS the front line.

Seems unnecessarily restrictive that these "Wild Warriors" can't be a dude just because of a reference. Many samurai of both genders used the Naginata.