PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper survived my top heavy attack with only a SLIVER of health left...

Mighty_Mackerel
04-06-2018, 01:14 AM
What the title says... she literally had a sliver of health left and she didn't die after I hit her with a top heavy attack. I think I might know what happened, but I'm asking here just to be clear... but I GB her, and then threw out my top heavy, but literally no damage went through. So I took a video of it and slowed it down all the way down to the millisecond and right before my attack hit her in the face, a small amount of armor (the yellow bar) appeared and negated the damage.

Is that the Thick Skin feat or the game bugging out? As far as I was aware, Thick Skin only reduces a small amount of damage, not provide armor in the split second of a killing blow... but I could be wrong. Anyone know what's up? I still have the video if you guys want to see it.

UbiJurassic
04-06-2018, 02:46 AM
Definitely share the video with us if you can.

Was this in 4v4, Brawls or Duels?

CandleInTheDark
04-06-2018, 04:52 AM
So I am going to ask potentially a silly question only because I don't see it specified, what game mode was this? Only way I can think of this happening legit is in tribute with the defence buff on her team.

DoctorMcBatman
04-06-2018, 07:25 PM
If it's any consolation, sometimes my PKs attacks (especially triple stab) do no damage at all. I've noticed this with heavies as well. Don't recall it happening with lights, but it may. Definitely heavies and triple stab though.

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:15 AM
Definitely share the video with us if you can.

Was this in 4v4, Brawls or Duels?

It was in 4v4 Tribute, her team already had the armor buff offering equipped, but when I engaged her the armor was already gone from her health bar as seen here in the video:

https://youtu.be/oF8LIcf1KlU

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:17 AM
So I am going to ask potentially a silly question only because I don't see it specified, what game mode was this? Only way I can think of this happening legit is in tribute with the defence buff on her team.

It was in Tribute mode and her team did have the armor buff already equipped, but when I engaged her the buff was already gone from her health bar so someone on my team had already exhausted it. It's in the video, I posted it here in my reply to UbiJurassic.

Tirik22x
04-07-2018, 01:18 AM
It was in 4v4 Tribute, her team already had the armor buff offering equipped, but when I engaged her the armor was already used up as seen here in the video:

https://youtu.be/oF8LIcf1KlU

Wut the..?

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:19 AM
If it's any consolation, sometimes my PKs attacks (especially triple stab) do no damage at all. I've noticed this with heavies as well. Don't recall it happening with lights, but it may. Definitely heavies and triple stab though.

...Huh... that's weird too...

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:21 AM
Wut the..?

I know, right? Lol.

Arekonator
04-07-2018, 01:24 AM
The shield from shrine periodically refreshes. It was just bad luck that it refreshed at the exact time to save her from the killing blow.

Fancypants2400
04-07-2018, 01:26 AM
No clue. I'm not for sure but if the armor regens after a certain amount of time, with a combination of her thick skin and if the armor regens, she could have survived the attack. Also IDK if there was maybe a centurion that used his feat that gives his team the armor, probably not but just trying to throw ideas out there

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:32 AM
The shield from shrine periodically refreshes. It was just bad luck that it refreshed at the exact time to save her from the killing blow.

I must've been missing that for the entire time I've been playing tribute since it's release then, because I had no idea that the armor refreshes, I though it was a one time use, lol. But thanks for clearing that up.

Mighty_Mackerel
04-07-2018, 01:34 AM
No clue. I'm not for sure but if the armor regens after a certain amount of time, with a combination of her thick skin and if the armor regens, she could have survived the attack. Also IDK if there was maybe a centurion that used his feat that gives his team the armor, probably not but just trying to throw ideas out there

It's gotta be one of those things...

Dustyoleman
04-07-2018, 03:23 AM
Welcome to For Honor