PDA

View Full Version : Help out my Nobushi playing

HazelrahFirefly
04-06-2018, 12:45 AM
https://youtu.be/omT3-YC256E

Set of three Duels. As I stated in the description I played Novi during season 2 and got bored. Now I'm trying to get back into her. I won these duels, but I still feel like I could use a lot of advice.

Tirik22x
04-06-2018, 12:49 AM
Stop just throwing heavies so much. Need to feint them, otherwise you’re going to get blocked often, and parried by any person with even an average defensive skill set.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 01:53 AM
I only watched the first few minutes...also keep in mind I myself am in the proccess of picking her up myself. As I feel I understand her and the game better now.

~Staggering neutral lights. What I mean is if the person is clearly out of range and running at you throw a light. wait a fraction of a second maybe a little more. than throw a light in another direction. With proper spacing this looks like a bad whiff that the enemy might try to punish. So the follow up light can land on the person trying to punish and give you the double bleed poke. You can also simulate this spacing by doing a walking backwards light.

~Block retreat move I use if someone is absolutely pressuring me with spam. But some times I do it just to test the waters. If they try to move forward esp if they try to dash/run forward I can follow up with a delayed back poke.

~I use hidden stance feinted lights on reaction to things and hidden stance feinted heavies when I know I want to HS dodge something but I either didn't know the timing or messed it up. Light HS feinting is really fast and thus if you use it improperly on reaction you'll not dodge the hit. but since the heavy HS feint is a longer animation it's essentially delaying your HS.

~I mix up/delay what I do with my dodge cancels to throw people off. Like if I just through out 3 side dodges of any kind and then dodge cancel the recovery of the last the person might try to dodge. in which I delay my dash a little and then go for a guard break.

~It's possible to slightly delay the kick. But when you do it really depends on the person. If they're a patient person they will wait. Which means you can let it rip as soon as the hit connects. If they try to dodge ASAP delay the kick slightly and it will still get them. The kick non delayed is guaranteed on block/hit by all heros except raider or orochi when using a heavy. If you try to kick after a light IIRC it's not guaranteed on anyone. But it should still be used occasionally. as well as kick out of HS as well.

~My standard feint bait combo is hidden stance light feint into hard heavy feint into GB. My standard combo in general is light HS feint into kick into 2 bleed pokes and from there I mix it up.

~It's just important to remember to change how you react to an opponent often. Because while nobushi has a lot of good mind games with the godly defensive tool that is hidden stance a lot of her kit is fairly easily punishable if you read what she's doing and react properly. So as an example sometimes instead of landing a kick after I dodged something with HS i'll throw out a double light. Or somtimes instead of using a side dash heavy to interrupt i'll do the back poke into a side dodge attack.

~I personally only throw a zone cancel mix up once they're critical. Hidden stance is very important tool to use as much as possible and feinting your zone takes a good chunk of your stamina. Due to how stamina intensive HS is this is really bad to do on her often. at least as far as dueling is concerned.

Finally i'd recommend watching some of Mr. Medium's content on youtube. Pretty much considered the best bushi at the moment and he's a console player. xbox I believe.

HazelrahFirefly
04-06-2018, 02:34 AM
Stop just throwing heavies so much. Need to feint them, otherwise you’re going to get blocked often, and parried by any person with even an average defensive skill set.

Probably 2/5 of those heavies were supposed to be zones lol. I suck at them and can't wait for the full mapping in the upcoming patch.

I only watched the first few minutes...also keep in mind I myself am in the proccess of picking her up myself. As I feel I understand her and the game better now.

~Staggering neutral lights. What I mean is if the person is clearly out of range and running at you throw a light. wait a fraction of a second maybe a little more. than throw a light in another direction. With proper spacing this looks like a bad whiff that the enemy might try to punish. So the follow up light can land on the person trying to punish and give you the double bleed poke. You can also simulate this spacing by doing a walking backwards light.

~Block retreat move I use if someone is absolutely pressuring me with spam. But some times I do it just to test the waters. If they try to move forward esp if they try to dash/run forward I can follow up with a delayed back poke.

~I use hidden stance feinted lights on reaction to things and hidden stance feinted heavies when I know I want to HS dodge something but I either didn't know the timing or messed it up. Light HS feinting is really fast and thus if you use it improperly on reaction you'll not dodge the hit. but since the heavy HS feint is a longer animation it's essentially delaying your HS.

~I mix up/delay what I do with my dodge cancels to throw people off. Like if I just through out 3 side dodges of any kind and then dodge cancel the recovery of the last the person might try to dodge. in which I delay my dash a little and then go for a guard break.

~It's possible to slightly delay the kick. But when you do it really depends on the person. If they're a patient person they will wait. Which means you can let it rip as soon as the hit connects. If they try to dodge ASAP delay the kick slightly and it will still get them. The kick non delayed is guaranteed on block/hit by all heros except raider or orochi when using a heavy. If you try to kick after a light IIRC it's not guaranteed on anyone. But it should still be used occasionally. as well as kick out of HS as well.

~My standard feint bait combo is hidden stance light feint into hard heavy feint into GB. My standard combo in general is light HS feint into kick into 2 bleed pokes and from there I mix it up.

~It's just important to remember to change how you react to an opponent often. Because while nobushi has a lot of good mind games with the godly defensive tool that is hidden stance a lot of her kit is fairly easily punishable if you read what she's doing and react properly. So as an example sometimes instead of landing a kick after I dodged something with HS i'll throw out a double light. Or somtimes instead of using a side dash heavy to interrupt i'll do the back poke into a side dodge attack.

~I personally only throw a zone cancel mix up once they're critical. Hidden stance is very important tool to use as much as possible and feinting your zone takes a good chunk of your stamina. Due to how stamina intensive HS is this is really bad to do on her often. at least as far as dueling is concerned.

Finally i'd recommend watching some of Mr. Medium's content on youtube. Pretty much considered the best bushi at the moment and he's a console player. xbox I believe.

Thanks for all the tips. Gonna have to read them over a few times lol. I'll look for Mr Medium as well.

The biggest challenge I have is hidden stance. 8/10 times I feel like it doesnt activate, and then 1/10 times I feel like I get hit anyway. Need a lot of practice to figure out what it's used for. I'm accustomed to the Orochi's Riptide where you physically dodge; I'm not a fan of I-frames.

BTTrinity
04-06-2018, 03:30 AM
And thank you Raime for doing the detailed post for me lmao, and probably much better than I could

As you're going into HS you have i-frames, not when you're just standing there.

Keep in mind, you can switch to another guard stance by moving your stick/mouse in the direction you want just before attacking (You probably know, I just want to clarify)

Don't be overly aggressive with her, you will pay for it.

Dont bleed poke if you wallsplat, go for a heavy (Once you get used to her timing, youll know when you can do a side or top heavy)

Your top light is 600ms, your side lights are 500ms... This becomes very important when fighting things like Highlander/Aramusha (Top light out of HS is faster @500ms)

You get a Vipers Retreat off any heavy parry. You get a top heavy off any light parry.

OOS punish = GB > Forward dodge + light (Cobra strike) > top heavy.

Mr. Medium is an excellent Nobushi player, he recently switched to PC from PS4, he can show you some advanced things once you get your bread&butter down.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 03:43 AM
Probably 2/5 of those heavies were supposed to be zones lol. I suck at them and can't wait for the full mapping in the upcoming patch.

Thanks for all the tips. Gonna have to read them over a few times lol. I'll look for Mr Medium as well.

The biggest challenge I have is hidden stance. 8/10 times I feel like it doesnt activate, and then 1/10 times I feel like I get hit anyway. Need a lot of practice to figure out what it's used for. I'm accustomed to the Orochi's Riptide where you physically dodge; I'm not a fan of I-frames.

It's a lot to absorb I know. I'm still building muscle memory for her myself.