PDA

View Full Version : What Needs Done to Bring People Back?

GeneraISoIo
04-05-2018, 08:58 PM
I have not played since the start of season 5 and that was very briefly. Even before that I played very little. I really haven't played consistently since the beginning of season 4. With that said, I have been on the side lines waiting for something to bring me back to no avail. I was hoping that the reworks to some of my favorite heroes and the dedicated servers would be enough, but it was not. I started playing and though the game ran better and feels better, it is still the same game I have been playing for a year. I have no motivation to come back with what I have seen to be the future road map of the game. The biggest one for me to come back would be NEW and UNIQUE modes. Not like the ones we have seen that are slight variations of the original modes. New modes that are different enough to make the game feel somewhat new. For me it would mean bigger modes, but just modes that are unique would be enough for me to come back, even if that is for a short time. New armors and weapons or emotes or effects or maps are not enough. I need something that is different from what I have been doing for the past year. I love For Honor and want it to succeed, but with no major changes on the horizon, I feel that they should abandon this game and start on For Honor 2. Again, I want this game to succeed, but don't feel the current vision is where the game needs to go, meaning they seem to be more balancing and clean up than making changes to bring people back. Maybe that is what they are doing, but with as low as numbers are on the population, I figured, bring people back would be pretty high on the priority list. Any other suggestions would be appreciated and hopefully the mods and send the word to the devs.

Archeun
04-05-2018, 09:38 PM
The list is so long.

1. New modes. Nobody enjoys 4v4 now except the Git Gud gankfesters. The game needs viable 1v1 and 2v2 modes that award good exp and steel. A massive 40v40 battle would be insane but that will never happen. 4v4 causes all kinds of lag problems; I can't imagine 80 players.

2. They need to stop buffing characters with more cheese and cancerous items like unblockables all over the place, fast attacks, etc. They seem to be unable to balance characters.

3. Increase Steel and EXP. That won't happen because they want you spending money on Steel. I refuse to do so. I've spent about 140 bucks on Steel since launch and I won't spend another penny until this game is enjoyable again.

4. New heroes. People come back to try new ones. Without them; the game stagnates.

5. Rework feats and get rid of most of the AOE ones. People are sick of Catapults winning the games.

6. Work on pleasing the casual crowd. For Honor is for the Git Gudders but the Git Gudders don't constitute the majority of the gaming population. Most people have lives and jobs. They don't have the time and energy to invest heavily in becoming an expert at the game. While I won't say every Git Gud player doesn't have a job or social life; I think it's safe to say if individuals spend the majority of their time online playing For Honor, they don't.

I love For Honor. Love the idea. The truth of the matter is the game is slowly turning into a joke. The Salt emotes and such have turned off a LOT of people. Ubisoft is more concerned with incoming Steel purchases than actually fixing the game. I suspect FH has a skeleton crew working on it and that's part of the problem.

SpaceJim12
04-05-2018, 10:56 PM
I feel that they should abandon this game and start on For Honor 2

No, they shouldn't. Devs have nothing unique to offer you right now and even more, playerbase of original game do not by For Honor 2 if devs now abandon their game in current state.
What devs really should do, it's majority rework, some kind of For Honor 2.0, without new game, but with huge nessesary changes in original game. But now we see, that devs even can's perform little things, so...

ArmoredChocobo
04-05-2018, 11:55 PM
The list is so long.

1. New modes. Nobody enjoys 4v4 now except the Git Gud gankfesters. The game needs viable 1v1 and 2v2 modes that award good exp and steel. A massive 40v40 battle would be insane but that will never happen. 4v4 causes all kinds of lag problems; I can't imagine 80 players.

2. They need to stop buffing characters with more cheese and cancerous items like unblockables all over the place, fast attacks, etc. They seem to be unable to balance characters.

3. Increase Steel and EXP. That won't happen because they want you spending money on Steel. I refuse to do so. I've spent about 140 bucks on Steel since launch and I won't spend another penny until this game is enjoyable again.

4. New heroes. People come back to try new ones. Without them; the game stagnates.

5. Rework feats and get rid of most of the AOE ones. People are sick of Catapults winning the games.

6. Work on pleasing the casual crowd. For Honor is for the Git Gudders but the Git Gudders don't constitute the majority of the gaming population. Most people have lives and jobs. They don't have the time and energy to invest heavily in becoming an expert at the game. While I won't say every Git Gud player doesn't have a job or social life; I think it's safe to say if individuals spend the majority of their time online playing For Honor, they don't.

I love For Honor. Love the idea. The truth of the matter is the game is slowly turning into a joke. The Salt emotes and such have turned off a LOT of people. Ubisoft is more concerned with incoming Steel purchases than actually fixing the game. I suspect FH has a skeleton crew working on it and that's part of the problem.

#6 is the exact same problem in the Division.

Replace 4v4 with Dark Zone and itís the same deal.

Danish_Crusader
04-06-2018, 12:39 AM
Probably nerf all characters to be on par with the Warden(I'm in favor of nerfing rather than buffing).
More Steel and EXP.
A fix for Deathsquads.

And probably a new character class for the factions, Mediums, wearing primarily leather and cloth.
Sword and Shield girl for the Knights wearing full armor, including a helmet that covers the entire face.
Axe and Shield girl for the vikings, wearing almost full armor, upper arms are visible, helmet covers entire face.
Sword and Shield girl for the Samurai. Wearing full armor. Helmet covers entire face.
They are not tanks, they use both weapon and shield to attack with. They have no full blocks and their chain ends in a shield hit which knocks the target back briefly(Not down and does not grant any free hits). They have a running hit that makes causes them to hit with a heavy attack.
They have no stuns, knockdowns or unblockables. They have faster attacks than the heavies, but slower than the Assassins. Their strength and bonus is that they can break free of any guardbreak, at any time during the guardbreak, which will cause a counter hit that does 10 damage and knock the target back a little(Never down)
Lore for them? Make them mecernaries. You could even make it a single character, under a new "faction" that simply fights for whoever pays(In this case, the faction you play for) and then give them ornaments and patterns for the faction you fight for to show their "alligience".
And in case of armor, I was thinking of something in the lines like this (https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c4/7d/5e/c47d5e1be0b2b059f08f4c2a307ddea3.jpg)
But, with a helmet, gloves and a sword and shield instead of the spear. But you know, just to give you an idea of what I was talking about with the armor.

I have no idea why I went so far with the last idea... I just came up with it on the spot. Anyway, The first 3 things are probably my best ideas.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 12:43 AM
Even if they addressed most issues people had it won't make a lasting resurgence. same thing happened with the division.
Doesn't mean they won't and shouldn't work to improve the game. But people shouldn't expect for honor to ever become as popular as it used to be.

Alustar.
04-06-2018, 02:02 AM
From where sit it's a problem with the concept-execution. Ubisoft had an epic idea of how to reinvent the way fighting games are in theory(much the way Cod did for FPS), but they did very little to actually change anything outside of the fighting mechanics. With only a maximum of 4v4 and a rehash of game modes we've been playing for the last 30 years it's no surprise that the hype train died or as quickly as it did.
New characters only do so much to breath life into the title, and as mentioned balance issues have plagued the game since launch. At this point it seems very much like Ubisoft is simply paying lip service to the regulars that still lurk online while collecting off the revenue it generates. As well, the title was, in my opinion, supposed to be a mature experience, however it seems like the content released is marketed for teenagers and adult man children. I usually play maybe 3-4 matches a week now before I remember, "oh that's right, this is why!" Then turn on my Switch and play BotW instead.

Ubisoft, you need new game modes, and that doesn't mean to take a type of mode from some other game and try and fit it to this title, I mean sit down in a room and actually come up with some original content. I know it's asking a lot, but failure to do so is only going to harm you in the long run. This isn't a cooking show, you can't sit there and try to pass off some tired old team mode that we've all played before and say, "but it's different because for honor," it doesn't work that way. These forums are bursting with fresh ideas for new modes, so literally half the creative work is already done for you.

Knight_Raime
04-06-2018, 02:19 AM
The list is so long.

1) Agree on the new modes. But disagree on the enjoyment factor. I know of more than a few people who actually enjoy gank spanking. Faraam is one of them. Steel earning in general needs an overhaul.

2) It might come off as unbalanced if you're an averagel player who doesn't take the time to improve. Or you have poor reflexes in general. But most of the conq, some of zerks rework, and all of kensei's was fine. But i'm not about to get into a balance discussion with you. Anyone who finds fast attacks, unblockables, or armored attacks to be bad conceptually and are "spammed" can't be reasoned with.

3) touched on this with the first point.

4) A bit weird to say you want new heros when you don't think they can properly balance. You're essentially asking for more of what you dislike.

5) Yes feats need addressing.

6) Appeasing casuals is how you make sales. Not retain a fanbase. A casual player is someone who's not dedicated to the game. Doesn't really care too much about the game or what happens. And will likely move on from the game after a short period of time. Even if you yourself don't play the game at a competitive level you care more about the game and what happens in it compared to a casual player. You being on the forums and having any sort of discussion when it comes to balance is really proof of that. A casual player would just say "I don't like this" and move to a different game. I'm also not surprised you brought up irl again. Not even going to touch that.

BTTrinity
04-06-2018, 03:49 AM
- Do something about damaging feats that deny any kind of fights in end game

- Increase steel gains over all (And especially outside of 4v4's)

- New ways to level up, outside of 4v4's

- Keep them reworks coming, this game NEEDS changing. I can deal with the reworks, as long as I dont gotta get catapulted every time I try.

- Team Shuffle plz

- Gear Stat Tuning plz

- No more putting a group of 4 communicating players against a group of 4 solo players.

- New Game Mode (some kind of Castle Siege would be cool, multi-objective based map kind of like "Hybrid Maps" from Overwatch) However, Im willing to take whatever they can come up with as long as its not one of our existing game-modes recycled.

- Some dominion maps need to be bigger/reworked (This is a big factor on why Dominion has gone skirmish)

- Additional measures to stop the deathball meta. (I've recommended limiting hero picks to 1 or 2 per team, no more than 2 of the same hero... A LOT would need to change in order to support this feature though, but in the end could allow for a much better experience)

- Get rid of childish meme-emotes/spam

zcubed
04-06-2018, 08:57 AM
Have more bonus events. experience, steel, loot, etc.

More variety in the current modes and new modes.

Address irritations: feats, gank, emote spam... and a personal favorite: out of stamina breathing, hearing a Peacekeeper huffing over the sound of actual fighting is weird (anybody hear any other heroes huff and puff?)

Oh and since it's "pointless" and nobody cares about it... (the feeling I get from reading responses every time it is brought up) Faction War should be removed.