PDA

View Full Version : Question about promotions in dgen campaign

crucislancer
01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
A friend of mine is doing really well in a dgen campaign he's working on, specifically early war in F4Fs. He's got 33 kills, so he's racking up quite a score.

However, he started the campaign at the lowest rank (aviation pilot 1st class?) and has received one promotion since then to Ensign. Shouldn't he be a Lt. Commander by now? He always completes the objectives and makes sure to land, and I think he said that he had something like 8000 points associated with those 33 kills.

Anyone have any idea why he didn't get promoted?

crucislancer
01-12-2008, 09:26 PM
A friend of mine is doing really well in a dgen campaign he's working on, specifically early war in F4Fs. He's got 33 kills, so he's racking up quite a score.

However, he started the campaign at the lowest rank (aviation pilot 1st class?) and has received one promotion since then to Ensign. Shouldn't he be a Lt. Commander by now? He always completes the objectives and makes sure to land, and I think he said that he had something like 8000 points associated with those 33 kills.

Anyone have any idea why he didn't get promoted?

crucislancer
01-14-2008, 07:12 AM
Just nudging this back up in case someone might have an idea about this. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

mortoma
01-14-2008, 03:29 PM
There is a conf.ini command that can speed up or slow down promotion rate. I am the one who requested Vadim "Starshoy" Kolosov to create this parameter. And he actually honored my request!! At the bottom of your conf.ini, create a section for Dgen by typing this [DGEN] ( if there is not Dgen section already there )and then type in this command:
PromotionRate=1.0

At 1.0 setting, you are at a normal promotion rate. If you set it to 2.0 it promotes you at twice that rate. You can take it as far as 3.0
or as low as 0.1 or anywhere in between. I hope this helps your buddy. He might want to start about 1.5 to 2.0 or so.

DKoor
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
You can never won ultimate US medal. You can never won ultimate Japanese/German medal(award).

Ranks aren't the prob.

crucislancer
01-14-2008, 04:44 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mortoma:
There is a conf.ini command that can speed up or slow down promotion rate. I am the one who requested Vadim "Starshoy" Kolosov to create this parameter. And he actually honored my request!! At the bottom of your conf.ini, create a section for Dgen by typing this [DGEN] ( if there is not Dgen section already there )and then type in this command:
PromotionRate=1.0

At 1.0 setting, you are at a normal promotion rate. If you set it to 2.0 it promotes you at twice that rate. You can take it as far as 3.0
or as low as 0.1 or anywhere in between. I hope this helps your buddy. He might want to start about 1.5 to 2.0 or so. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's really cool! Someone should add that to the list of Dgen commands that's on mission4today. Very handy. I'll see if I can get him to make the change. I may use that myself. Thanks!

crucislancer
01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
You can never won ultimate US medal. You can never won ultimate Japanese/German medal(award).

Ranks aren't the prob. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, for my friends campaign, ranks are exactly the problem. While I agree that not being able to get the final award in a campaign sucks, It's not related to the problem at hand, which is specifically why his pilot hasn't been promoted past Ensign after nearly 25 missions, 33 air kills and who knows how many ground kills, and 8000+ points.

Mortoma's dgen command may work to get him back on track, but I'm more then curious as to why he's having a problem. He's got 1946 v4.08m, no add-ons or anything. It's kinda weird, really.

DKoor
01-15-2008, 06:43 PM
It's probably point related problem.

If he take off and land, if he meet objectives etc. that all affects your promo rate.

He can easily check out the number of the points he amassed.

crucislancer
01-15-2008, 07:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DKoor:
It's probably point related problem.

If he take off and land, if he meet objectives etc. that all affects your promo rate.

He can easily check out the number of the points he amassed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

*sigh* I know you are just trying to help, but did you read my original post? He lands every time, and has over 8000 points. If I remember correctly, promotions come every 2500 points or so (at least that's how static campaigns are), so at 8000 points he should have had 3 promotions, not one. And, he played through part of the same dgen campaign earlier, and later deleted it because he wasn't do so good. He had 3 promotions, and didn't have near the points he has now.

HuninMunin
01-15-2008, 07:48 PM
I always thought it depended mostly on the time you have been in the unit ( or the number of missions flown ) rather then on combat success.

I remember flying the Fall Blau addon's grand campaign and at one point having about 120 kills after about 30 missions and only one promotion.

Another factor might be the number of AI pilots within the squadron.
I know that you can't get Colonel f.e. unless the old Col. dies in combat making room for you.

crucislancer
01-15-2008, 10:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HuninMunin:
I always thought it depended mostly on the time you have been in the unit ( or the number of missions flown ) rather then on combat success.

I remember flying the Fall Blau addon's grand campaign and at one point having about 120 kills after about 30 missions and only one promotion.

Another factor might be the number of AI pilots within the squadron.
I know that you can't get Colonel f.e. unless the old Col. dies in combat making room for you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an interesting thought, about the AI pilots. I'll ask him if he's had a high casualty rate in his squadron.

I don't think it's actual time in the squadron, only because I have 2 different dgen campaigns going right now that I've received several promotions in each, both starting from the bottom:

RAF Normandy with Temepsts: Squadron Leader, 28 missions/65 air kills/57 ground kills.

Luftwaffe Bf109F4: Major, 41 missions/82 air kills/0 ground kills

They are the same rank, with the RAF pilot hitting Squadron Leader a couple of missions ago.

So, I don't know. Most likely a glitch on my friends camapign. It's very weird.