PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den April 5th

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2018, 08:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTwjLlx-JZM

No infodump (and likely not going to find one given Eric is away) up yet.

Den's up let's do this

LEEEEEEROOOOOOY JENKIIIIIINS! (Look it up) \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Damien and Luc are our hosts today, light show this week. We have dev talk which is an interview with people on the Den team, they will have feedback on the april fool's cow event and community corner

News of the week

Next patch is in submission, for sure it will not be next week, hopefully the week after that. Next week they will have detailed patch notes.

Highlights are arena mode with three new maps for duel and brawl, full controller remapping, first step for input lag on PC first and much more.

Was supposed to have dance of death this week, they found a bug where players were not respawning., it is fixed next patch and will be on the weekend after.

Faction rush recap, PC knights won,vikings took it on the PS4, knights on the xbox and overall.

Vikings have the faction war.

Pax east started yesterday, anyone in the area they are in JJ Feley's Bar and Grill 6-8 saturday

Where's Wally Pope? Many panels.

New effect, Hellgate

Devtalk

This week's is with Eric.

What does a community manager do? Many things, mainly looking into the long temr focus of the strategy. Generally he bounces between the devs and the community on reddit, he is the link between community and devs.

Eric's gug before this was a community rep with the rockband games, Luc did his interview before he joined. Prelaunch at the 2016 E3 they had all the different upcoming Ubi games, Ub's contingent of star players were the loudest bunch.

Eric wants to say thank you for supporting the game, he appreciates that on a day to day basis he gets to make a difference for the players.

April Fools they did a best of 99 match between two wardens dressed as cows with those watching giving fight commands.

They showed a highlights video. 2000 unique users joined in and eventually won 50-47.

Community corner

CandleInTheDark
04-04-2018, 08:08 PM
Community questions from the forum

Ngallo22: Can the zone attack have its own dedicated button? Maybe R3?

I do not think many of us feel 100% confident throwing it out, which is an issue because we should feel 100% confident that a button will do its job.

I know the "camera center" is R3 but i do not think many people use it. A button reconfiguration option would be useful with the option to make R3 a zone attack.

Ngallo22: Change the "map vote" to also act as the "ready" button and remove the "ready" button, so selecting a map will also mean the player is ready.

Not enough people choose a map, possibly they don't have the time to choose since they are deploying or changing gear.

Soldier of Dawn: Could it be made possible to combine two( or more) effects on the same execution, idle, and emote slot in the future?

Waynedetta4k: 1, Now that Guard Break after Parry isnt a thing anymore. Will there be changes to Guardbreak so it could be more than a counter to dodges. I mean making it more useful/harder to CGB?
2, I heard about the Arena Mode, any new Information about that, I would like to know how it will work, like a winner stands mode? Iam waiting for that a year now!
3, Whats the general Idea for the future in regards of making recovery times slower and attacks faster?

Takuram: Would it be possible to make the "Extended Region" on the South American region to match with the whole American Continent?
Our playerbase is too small, and our ping with north americans is ok ( I'm able to play everyday with them - by entering a foreign party - with no issues ).

Brutal DaDo: 1) is there a chance to get tozen’s kick for orochi? 2) after all the reworks for the OG characters is there a chance to get a punch or maybe a knee to the stomach for berserker as an opener ?

Tyrjo: Emote sound discrepancy

One thing that has been confusing me for a long time is the emote sound discrepancy of what you hear yourself opposed to what your opponent hear.

I find it an odd ball design choice that you only hear grunts yourself, but you opponent hear your character actually saying something. Why is this? I would like the devs explain to me why they designed it this way.

Kamen42: Faction War - at the moment, Castles provide bonus only to one territory. What about spreading their effect to surrounding fields? Even if the effect is weaker for them. That way it would be easier to keep your territories and the swings in territory control would not be so big.

Baggin As of right now parrying a zone counts as a heavy reward, in the future could you make it so that certain characters zone attacks like Pk, Orochi and Warden count as a lite so we can get the lite reward for it since they are harder to parry.

Kryltic: When will we get the ability to apply the visuals of lower gear to higher gear? I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to keep a load of low gear items indefinitely.

We.The.North
#1 : Could we tone down AoE direct damage feats, especially when team(s) are breaking ?
#2 : Could we be allowed to vote on maps before match making ?
#3 : Could you guys dial back on hyper armor and unblockables ?
#4 : Could we remove the knockdown and + attack boost from revenge and greatly boost the defensive properties ?
#5 : Could you deal with pixel bot cheaters, like a permanent realistic mode to remove indicators needed to cheat ?

Pincopallino097: IS berserker a bit too strong now? Any little nerf coming?

Gallow-: Do you plan to add embossing and colours pattern to Conq, PK, Cent and Glad helmets?

Ngallow22: Kensei at times does not get the guaranteed light after a pommel strike.

CandleInTheDark: Could we have an update on where the team are with getting team shuffle and join in end flow working together and how high a priority it is? While I get that join in end flow is the most useful in terms of continuing matches, I have wound up the only non ai on my team and in the two and a half minutes it took for my team to be replaced with other players, we were 700-60 down.

E1seNw0Lf: "Did the fight team ever thought about to let all heros have reflex guard? (means: no hero with permanent auto-guard)"

Like Roman said in one of the earlier streams last year. When someone is starting to learn a material art, the first thing you learn is how to defend yourself (I did Wushu [including weapon training] for several years and a few others too)
- I definitly agree on that. Be forced to actively keep up the guard myself at the very right moment is something I really enjoy in this game. It makes it more interesting to me and I feel it's something essential for this type of game.
I think it could help a bit to engage the turtle mentality on several characters (whereas I dont like the typical assassin guard wiggle thingy) and the lack of some characters having no opener.

matt89connor: if i can, i want to ask: there will be changes on 4v4 modes and gear stats in the future? i think a dance of death 4v4 1 round only will be amazing

mrmistark: When will we introduce more customization? As of now, looks are very minimal changes.

Like others have expressed, zone input is a huge combat hinderence as it doesn’t work properly.

Claudius_Katt: In the outfit purchase screen there currently is no way to tell if an outfits colour can be used for defender or attacker until after purchase.
Is there any plan to put an icon/symbol on the outfit preview pane so we can know before buying them?

SpaceJim12: One about customization and how it work. Now I have a lot of armor and helmets and even more weapon parts in inventory of my character. And if I want to change outfit, I should apply every visual I want to my used parts or weapon/armor. Could we get instead something like wardrobe, where we can store visual of weapon/armor parts? So you can quickly change visual parts of your hero and don't touch your gear at all. Cause once I accidentally deleted my favorite helmet on Warden, and needed 2 rep of play on him to find it again.

Roseguard_Cpt: Would something like the "HonorGen" idea I posted ( https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...en-quot-Forums ) be a viable idea to help design content and ease some of the stress about armors and cosmetics?
Would this sort of idea actually be able to help out the teams at Ubi?

My idea is add a "HonorGen" section where people can submit their own concept art for armors, execution and ornament ideas etc. We want to participate in the game so let people have their Highlander-Rock videos in CC, but let the players give in game ideas in "HonorGen". In Warframe with TennoGen they take an idea they like, model it up and then sell it with "Designed by PlayerX" or "Inspired by PlayerY". While "HonorGen" as a name might get Ubi in trouble, the concept still stands. We can make up more ideas than you can handle, you just take the ones you like best/are best fitting, takes a few weeks to make it in the engine, then let us buy it up and give more ideas.

UbiJurassic
04-04-2018, 11:00 PM
Just a reminder that Pope is going to be out for this stream, so there likely won't be a Q/A segment for this stream.

HazelrahFirefly
04-04-2018, 11:32 PM
Just a reminder that Pope is going to be out for this stream, so there likely won't be a Q/A segment for this stream.

Oh right. It's going to be Luc, right? Better jokes incoming!

UbiJurassic
04-05-2018, 02:01 AM
Oh right. It's going to be Luc, right? Better jokes incoming!

Yupp, it should be both Luc and Damien this week.

mrmistark
04-05-2018, 08:56 AM
Candle my brother, if you ever need someone to cover the recap just let me know.

That being said I could never do it as good as you, but the offer still stands. We all appreciate what you do! You’re a very valued member of this forum.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 09:44 AM
Candle my brother, if you ever need someone to cover the recap just let me know.

That being said I could never do it as good as you, but the offer still stands. We all appreciate what you do! You’re a very valued member of this forum.

Thanks for the offer. It might well be I am back in time, it's local anaesthetic for teeth (seriously any younger folk here stay in the habit of brushing those things signed a daft 30+ with screwed teeth) but eh hospital waiting times and all. So I am giving a heads up, I generally have to do every other one late in any case lol.

Claudius_Katt
04-05-2018, 02:36 PM
quick question,
If I have a question for the Q&A where do we post them?

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 02:40 PM
quick question,
If I have a question for the Q&A where do we post them?

Post it in this thread, I put them in the second post, reps pass them on. Alternatively the competitive subreddit sometime does a post but yeah this is the one I plug lol.

Claudius_Katt
04-05-2018, 02:49 PM
Post it in this thread, I put them in the second post, reps pass them on. Alternatively the competitive subreddit sometime does a post but yeah this is the one I plug lol.

Ah cool. Thanks Candle.

My question is...
In the outfit purchase screen there currently is no way to tell if an outfits colour can be used for defender or attacker until after purchase.
Is there any plan to put an icon/symbol on the outfit preview pane so we can know before buying them?

SpaceJim12
04-05-2018, 04:14 PM
Can I adress a question, if it's not to late.

One about customization and how it work. Now I have a lot of armor and helmets and even more weapon parts in inventory of my character. And if I want to change outfit, I should apply every visual I want to my used parts or weapon/armor. Could we get instead something like wardrobe, where we can store visual of weapon/armor parts? So you can quickly change visual parts of your hero and don't touch your gear at all. Cause once I accidentally deleted my favorite helmet on Warden, and needed 2 rep of play on him to find it again.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 04:31 PM
Can I adress a question, if it's not to late.

One about customization and how it work. Now I have a lot of armor and helmets and even more weapon parts in inventory of my character. And if I want to change outfit, I should apply every visual I want to my used parts or weapon/armor. Could we get instead something like wardrobe, where we can store visual of weapon/armor parts? So you can quickly change visual parts of your hero and don't touch your gear at all. Cause once I accidentally deleted my favorite helmet on Warden, and needed 2 rep of play on him to find it again.

Will add it, I don't have any say in when any questions get answered but I keep them up until I either hear the username of the person who asked it along with the question or a similar question.

Roseguard_Cpt
04-05-2018, 04:33 PM
Would something like the "HonorGen" idea I posted ( https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1864031-A-New-Part-of-the-Forums-quot-HonorGen-quot-Forums ) be a viable idea to help design content and ease some of the stress about armors and cosmetics?

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 04:37 PM
Would something like the "HonorGen" idea I posted ( https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1864031-A-New-Part-of-the-Forums-quot-HonorGen-quot-Forums ) be a viable idea to help design content and ease some of the stress about armors and cosmetics?

Added along with the idea from the other thread.

CandleInTheDark
04-05-2018, 05:30 PM
They are in community corner, light one this week but big news for the next patch in full controller remapping. Patch definitely won't be next week but the notes will, hopefully week after.

Tyrjo
04-05-2018, 07:54 PM
If Eric is the link between the community and the devs he's a bad link. He's never in here and is always talking about some third party site on the dev stream.

UbiJurassic
04-05-2018, 08:39 PM
If Eric is the link between the community and the devs he's a bad link. He's never in here and is always talking about some third party site on the dev stream.

Eric doesn't come here because there are other members of the community team, UbiInsulin, FredEx, UbiBoat and myself, here to ensure all feedback from the forums is passed along to him and the rest of the team.

Vakris_One
04-06-2018, 02:17 PM
Eric doesn't come here because there are other members of the community team, UbiInsulin, FredEx, UbiBoat and myself, here to ensure all feedback from the forums is passed along to him and the rest of the team.
You guys should get mentioned on the dev stream at least once. You may not be as high profile as Eric but you do the job of making sure he knows what goes on in the official Ubisoft forum and you also manage community relations here as well. None of us here have ever interacted with Eric Pope despite most being around since the creation of this forum so it's easy to feel completely ignored and disenfranchised. If it wasn't for you guys interacting with us this place would be pretty dead and perfectly useless to the dev team for both data gathering and marketing purposes - no studio likes to have a dead forum, it's bad for the image.

So I'd like to thank you all for being our community managers and making us feel like our feedback is being looked at and wanted. Without all of you we'd just be looking at how everything is run directly through Reddit and would feel like nobody cares about this place, which to be honest it seems like Eric and the devs truly don't. Otherwise they wouldn't say stuff like "We don't know how to balance revenge in 4v4s, maybe the community can help us" when this forum is practically swimming in threads on how to do just that!

I want to see them mention you guys in a livestream and the valuable work you do and maybe get some or all of you to make an appearance on Warriors Dens. Reddit has Eric and he's clearly happy to never make an appearance here, we have you guys and in my humble opinion you guys are much more important to the people who use this forum than Eric is - with all due respect to Eric Pope. I like him, he's a fun and cool guy but he's not our link to the For Honor team because he's never here. You guys are.

bob333e
04-07-2018, 10:07 PM
^

Dylansteeman
04-10-2018, 08:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTwjLlx-JZM

No infodump (and likely not going to find one given Eric is away) up yet.

Den's up let's do this

LEEEEEEROOOOOOY JENKIIIIIINS! (Look it up) \m/<(-.-)>\m/

Damien and Luc are our hosts today, light show this week. We have dev talk which is an interview with people on the Den team, they will have feedback on the april fool's cow event and community corner

News of the week

Next patch is in submission, for sure it will not be next week, hopefully the week after that. Next week they will have detailed patch notes.

Highlights are arena mode with three new maps for duel and brawl, full controller remapping, first step for input lag on PC first and much more.

Was supposed to have dance of death this week, they found a bug where players were not respawning., it is fixed next patch and will be on the weekend after.

Faction rush recap, PC knights won,vikings took it on the PS4, knights on the xbox and overall.

Vikings have the faction war.

Pax east started yesterday, anyone in the area they are in JJ Feley's Bar and Grill 6-8 saturday

Where's Wally Pope? Many panels.

New effect, Hellgate

Devtalk

This week's is with Eric.

What does a community manager do? Many things, mainly looking into the long temr focus of the strategy. Generally he bounces between the devs and the community on reddit, he is the link between community and devs.

Eric's gug before this was a community rep with the rockband games, Luc did his interview before he joined. Prelaunch at the 2016 E3 they had all the different upcoming Ubi games, Ub's contingent of star players were the loudest bunch.

Eric wants to say thank you for supporting the game, he appreciates that on a day to day basis he gets to make a difference for the players.

April Fools they did a best of 99 match between two wardens dressed as cows with those watching giving fight commands.

They showed a highlights video. 2000 unique users joined in and eventually won 50-47.

Community corner

Other colors for your gear like full black Or other stuff you can buy with steel Or salvage