PDA

View Full Version : Kensei hits me through block.

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 03:27 AM
This has happened often since season 5. And this pertains to top heavy, moreso than others. I will block WELL in advance of impact, and get hit as if Iíve no block up at all.

Iíd like to consider my proficient at defense, especially heavy attacks of course, and I KNOW my block is up in time... but itís simply going straight through.

Anyone else had this happen?

XJadeDragoonX
04-04-2018, 04:45 AM
Are you using an assassin? The reflex guard will drop if you block too early sometimes. Which is absurd. But it is what it is

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 04:51 AM
Are you using an assassin? The reflex guard will drop if you block too early sometimes. Which is absurd. But it is what it is

No, I play centurion.

NHLGoldenKnight
04-04-2018, 06:30 AM
Same here. Actually, I was just about to start similar topc.

For whatever reason, I keep getting hit by Kensei regular light and even heavy attacks while I am already bloking correct side. I mostly play as Warden/Lawbringer/Highlander/Conqueror if that helps with explanation. On PS4.

It is hard to really explain but it is almost like you cannot block Kensei as soon as he starts attack animation. Sometimes, even when my block is already on correct side by default, I still get hit. If it didn't happen almost exclusively vs Kensei, I would say it is just a lag. But Kensei simply slices through me like a knife through the butter, and blocking is inconsistent for some reason.

Also, I have to be honest. I play as Kensei as well(rep 9) , and I just cut through other heroes with barely any blocking from their end. Again, it is just based on my experience and what I see on my screen, but there is something strage going on.

Is there anyone else except 2 of us experiencing similar issues?

SpaceJim12
04-04-2018, 10:52 AM
Anyone else had this happen?

It's happend cause of lags. Me and my friend tried Kensei in custom duel, and there are no any situation, when attack goes trough block. So if connection ok (custom in p2p and me and my friend have smae region and 100 mb/s connection), no problem with block. But on dedicated servers and past days bad p2p, I see sometimes a way worse things as just came through block attacks.

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 12:19 PM
It's happend cause of lags. Me and my friend tried Kensei in custom duel, and there are no any situation, when attack goes trough block. So if connection ok (custom in p2p and me and my friend have smae region and 100 mb/s connection), no problem with block. But on dedicated servers and past days bad p2p, I see sometimes a way worse things as just came through block attacks.

But it seems to be a Kensei exclusive thing... thatís what I donít understand.

Tirik22x
04-04-2018, 12:21 PM
Same here. Actually, I was just about to start similar topc.

For whatever reason, I keep getting hit by Kensei regular light and even heavy attacks while I am already bloking correct side. I mostly play as Warden/Lawbringer/Highlander/Conqueror if that helps with explanation. On PS4.

It is hard to really explain but it is almost like you cannot block Kensei as soon as he starts attack animation. Sometimes, even when my block is already on correct side by default, I still get hit. If it didn't happen almost exclusively vs Kensei, I would say it is just a lag. But Kensei simply slices through me like a knife through the butter, and blocking is inconsistent for some reason.

Also, I have to be honest. I play as Kensei as well(rep 9) , and I just cut through other heroes with barely any blocking from their end. Again, it is just based on my experience and what I see on my screen, but there is something strage going on.

Is there anyone else except 2 of us experiencing similar issues?

Ok, glad Iím not the only one. I KNOW that itís actually happening, just wanted to know if anyone else was noticing it.

SpaceJim12
04-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Ok, glad I’m not the only one. I KNOW that it’s actually happening, just wanted to know if anyone else was noticing it.

This thing existed before dedicated servers. I think it's some bug with his attacks due to bad connetions or lags.

But it seems to be a Kensei exclusive thing... that’s what I don’t understand.

Kensei's still exist after dedicated servers. But in p2p there were a lot chars have that problem.