PDA

View Full Version : problems with il2 1946(rudder turning automatically)

Rob_098
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
its either my joystick or game.Whenever i spawn a plane the rudder on it just turns whatever way it wants,and its not mixed with the throttle or anything.it just turns

Rob

Rob_098
08-26-2010, 12:54 PM
its either my joystick or game.Whenever i spawn a plane the rudder on it just turns whatever way it wants,and its not mixed with the throttle or anything.it just turns

Rob

blkhst
08-26-2010, 02:23 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob_098:

Rob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any chance you have 'rudder trim' set to a key or axis that you are using? Or for that matter maybe the actual rudder controls?

I had some weirdness where a slider was set to wheel brakes and couldnt figure out why I could never get over 50 MPH http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

staticline1
08-27-2010, 07:00 PM
Probably just need to recalibrate your joystick.

M_Gunz
08-27-2010, 08:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rob_098:

Rob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Always the same way?

pogobbler
08-28-2010, 11:13 PM
I'd follow the advice to make sure your joystick is calibrated but, in case this is what's going on with you, I've had it happen that when my aircraft spawns the rudder is hard left or right (can't recall which, but it's always the same direction) and found I can prevent it by running the rudder full left and right when on the game menu screens (i.e. before I start the mission and my aircraft spawns).

PapaLazarou.LoG
08-28-2010, 11:38 PM
That sounds more like an auto calibration routine built on the drivers than a game problem. Try also to perform full travel on rudder before starting the game. If it works too, it's just the auto calibration required.

On my Cougar if a calibration profile isn't loaded on startup, I'll only have a decently calibrated stick after all axis go to a full travel (specially sliders because they'll start in random positions before any touch, unlike pitch and roll that will start closer to ideal)and before that it won't be as precise. Anyway, in this stick you're supposed to load a calibration profile for serious use.

My previous x45 worked the same way, requiring full travel after windows startup.

JtD
08-29-2010, 12:43 AM
I agree with the others, that it most likely isn't a game problem, but a joystick problem.

I had that kind of problem when my first stick broke down. Random full deflection of the rudder.

ytareh
08-29-2010, 08:35 AM
Having trouble maneuvering taxiing/taking off!?One of the many hidden myseteries of the game is that the wheel brakes are 'bound' to the rudder so if you press B with rudder veering to right you will do same ...

scaredycat1
09-07-2010, 01:18 AM
Hi, dont know if this will help, but theres a program you can get at mission4today called il2 joy control.
It will let you adjust your controls, trims, deadzone and filtering.
Lately ive noticed my rudder (i use my racing peddals ) is spiking real bad, the filtering helped quite a bit for me.