PDA

View Full Version : "Conqueror bash is punishable, you just don't know how to do it"

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 06:26 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KSPTP79.gif

EDIT: It seems that people are having trouble understanding what is happening here... basically I baited a shield bash, attempted to punish with a guardbreak, but conqueror was completely immune to it. No, this isn't a lag-related issue as I've had it happen multiple times, and it is repeatable.

Oupyz
04-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Conqueror noobs will come now and attack you , what can i say ubisoft balance at best

SangLong524
04-03-2018, 02:22 PM
Crap move! Why on earth do you even dare to try THAT near a ledge?!
Should have gone for a kick instead

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 03:21 PM
Im trying to understand why this would even work? You threw your "get over here" from like 2 inches away. Why would this work?

Hormly
04-03-2018, 03:44 PM
The point hes making is the SB cannot be punished. The ledge being there is an irrelevant detail

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 04:00 PM
The point hes making is the SB cannot be punished. The ledge being there is an irrelevant detail

What was this guy supposed to punish with? Its user error. The SB ended, he had every single opportunity to simply GB him. He couldve simply swung a light. This guy decided to throw a projectile of sorts. This sir is user error.

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 05:00 PM
What was this guy supposed to punish with? Its user error. The SB ended, he had every single opportunity to simply GB him. He couldve simply swung a light. This guy decided to throw a projectile of sorts. This sir is user error.

Hate to break it to you friend, but that IS a guardbreak.

True_Might
04-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Honestly that just look liked bad timing and positioning.A regular grab would of probably worked but ehhhh not sure

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 05:29 PM
Honestly that just look liked bad timing and positioning.A regular grab would of probably worked but ehhhh not sure

Hate to break it to you friend, but that IS a guardbreak.

Instead of doing his get over here move he couldve simply grabbed him. You know what I mean, its clear as day.

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 05:44 PM
Instead of doing his get over here move he couldve simply grabbed him. You know what I mean, its clear as day.

You're either a troll, or you really don't know how shinobi works. Functionally that grab IS a guardbreak, and it's a bug that it just passed right through him. Either that, or a normal guardbreak would have also whiffed, leaving me open.

Oupyz
04-03-2018, 05:45 PM
the point he is making sb cannot be punished

i hope for the sake of the game ubisoft will fix this forward dash into sb crap already

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 05:47 PM
You're either a troll, or you really don't know how shinobi works. Functionally that grab IS a guardbreak, and it's a bug that it just passed right through him. Either that, or a normal guardbreak would have also whiffed, leaving me open.

A normal GB would not have whiffed. Thats the point we are trying to make but you keep ignoring. Why would that move work, youre throwing a chain at an opponent 2 inches away.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 05:48 PM
the point he is making sb cannot be punished

i hope for the sake of the game ubisoft will fix this forward dash into sb crap already

What did he do to punish the Conq?

You guys are ridiculous, complaining about a move so easily telegraphed.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 06:05 PM
The problem is the moment you started the ranged gb was when the conqueror was in invincibility phase from the dodge whereas a regular gb after he missed would have hit. On top of that you were predictable, you painted yourself into a corner by deliberately whiffing a light in order to backflip to go into the gb, if he hadn't already committed to dodging through it he could have just waited for the cgb or parry.

Had you back dodged without the whiffed light you would have had a gb, had you kicked, that has priority over everything so far as I am aware (haven't played him against the season 4 characters) but certainly over the conq charge.

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 06:08 PM
The problem is the moment you started the ranged gb was when the conqueror was in invincibility phase from the dodge whereas a regular gb after he missed would have hit. On top of that you were predictable, you painted yourself into a corner by deliberately whiffing a light in order to backflip to go into the gb, if he hadn't already committed to dodging through it he could have just waited for the cgb or parry.

Had you back dodged without the whiffed light you would have had a gb, had you kicked, that has priority over everything so far as I am aware (haven't played him against the season 4 characters) but certainly over the conq charge.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were defending his bash being immune to certain forms of punish.

Tirik22x
04-03-2018, 06:11 PM
A normal GB would not have whiffed. Thats the point we are trying to make but you keep ignoring. Why would that move work, youre throwing a chain at an opponent 2 inches away.

This.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 06:11 PM
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were defending his bash being immune to certain forms of punish.

Even if it was immune, even if it WAS, your example is poor play. Its user error.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 06:39 PM

Not at all, only over the things unblockable bashes normally aren't punishable by such as attacks and guardbreaks which even from range is what you threw. You have one of the few things that does beat a bash while it is in unblockable phase, the shinobi kick, and you instead went for a gb while he was still in unblockable phase, look carefully at when your attack initiates with the blue flash. Any other gb would have failed at that point in time so yours not hitting is working as intended, not a bug, your attack wasn't a punish, your attack was trying to override something it cannot.

You're not showing us conqueror being broken, you're showing us bad gameplay and decision making against a conqueror. As has been said in this thread, a regular gb had you not deliberately whiffed the light to go into ranged gb, thrown after the orange on his shield had disappeared, would have connected, not the game's fault you decided to be fancy and go for an unnecessary backflip first then mistimed the gb attempt.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 06:51 PM
So this is a double post but let's go over it moment at a time. You have just come out of one backflip after a bash (conqueror shield white at the start of your clip), he rotates his guard, for some reason you throw a light out of range, at this point he charges, not being able to punish you for a whiff because you backflip. At the exact moment you initiate gb, he is in unblockable meaning no gb is going to work against him, he then goes into recovery phase as your attack misses, he comes out of recovery phase while you are going into it and guardbreaks you.

So at worst you whiffed an attack, at best you were going for that backflip. You then tried a guardbreak at a time guardbreaks don't work, because of this you were in recovery phase just as he was coming out of his. The whole thing was entirely on you there.

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 06:56 PM
So this is a double post but let's go over it moment at a time. You have just come out of one backflip after a bash (conqueror shield white at the start of your clip), he rotates his guard, for some reason you throw a light out of range, at this point he charges, not being able to punish you for a whiff because you backflip. At the exact moment you initiate gb, he is in unblockable meaning no gb is going to work against him, he then goes into recovery phase as your attack misses, he comes out of recovery phase while you are going into it and guardbreaks you.

So at worst you whiffed an attack, at best you were going for that backflip. You then tried a guardbreak at a time guardbreaks don't work, because of this you were in recovery phase just as he was coming out of his. The whole thing was entirely on you there.

...Shinobi's ranged guardbreak doesn't determine a hit based on when the attack starts, it's when the kama reaches the enemy.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 07:03 PM
...Shinobi's ranged guardbreak doesn't determine a hit based on when the attack starts, it's when the kama reaches the enemy.

Give it a rest, while I argue how balanced SB is, this example does nothing for either side. Its user error. Just move on.

PepsiBeastin
04-03-2018, 07:31 PM
Give it a rest, while I argue how balanced SB is, this example does nothing for either side. Its user error. Just move on.

Lol how is this user error? If a bash is whiffed, it should be vulnerable to ALL punishes, not have some random selective immunity.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-03-2018, 07:40 PM
Lol how is this user error? If a bash is whiffed, it should be vulnerable to ALL punishes, not have some random selective immunity.

Its the move you used when you used it. You were given a more detailed reason by someone it appears you respect. Listen to them, its you this time. Not the character.

CandleInTheDark
04-03-2018, 07:52 PM

Actually, no. The important bit is the blue flash, that is the bit the opponent has to react to, unless they are in an unblockable bash as the conqueror was which is why your attack missed.

I watched that video at work on my phone on slow connection (work is out in the sticks) and saw it frame by frame, the blue flash, as it sparks and narrows, is the cgb period, throughout the whole time that blue flash was up conq was in unblockable and couldn't be hit by any attack or gb.