PDA

View Full Version : Toe stab and ATK Gear score

DoodTheMan
04-03-2018, 03:03 AM
The point of Toe stab is that it's an OP move that does minuscule damage to compensate for it's extreme usefulness, but now that I play against Rep 20+ Gladiators on the reg I've started noticing that ATK gear can make this move do 1/2 to 3/4 of a bar each hit. So now it's just an unblockable light that can possibly knock you over. Not calling for nerfs, just wondering other's opinions on the matter. I personally don't understand why it has to do damage at all actually.

kanuzira
04-03-2018, 07:20 AM
The point of Toe stab is that it's an OP move that does minuscule damage to compensate for it's extreme usefulness, but now that I play against Rep 20+ Gladiators on the reg I've started noticing that ATK gear can make this move do 1/2 to 3/4 of a bar each hit. So now it's just an unblockable light that can possibly knock you over. Not calling for nerfs, just wondering other's opinions on the matter. I personally don't understand why it has to do damage at all actually.

I agree, what would people say if lb's shoves start to do damage. If it was just an staggering/oos falling attack i would agree but to let it do damage is for me a big question

Charmzzz
04-03-2018, 07:34 AM
I agree, what would people say if lb's shoves start to do damage. If it was just an staggering/oos falling attack i would agree but to let it do damage is for me a big question

I don't think you can compare these 2 moves. Shove is much more versatile than Toe Stab - it is guaranteed after a simple block or can be started with a dodge. Toe Stab is the end of a chain on Glad, means he has to hit a Light first.

Toe Stab is dodgeable (Ok, after a Light stagger it is pretty much not dodgeable), and when you are OOS the move becomes slower meaning you can dodge it if you are watching for it.

The one thing about Toe Stab I do not like is the strength in any 2v1 situation. You can stagger opponents indefinitely with it so your mate can hit free heavies on you.

BarbeQMichael
04-03-2018, 08:12 AM
Considering it is practically the same as shugoki's headbutt, ub melee used to create space after light hit except this one can be done from neutral too altough it is possible to dodge it when done from neutral. No one would ever think headbutt doing damage as balanced, no idea why toestab has to do damage.

ArchDukeInstinct
04-03-2018, 08:38 AM
Considering it is practically the same as shugoki's headbutt, ub melee used to create space after light hit except this one can be done from neutral too altough it is possible to dodge it when done from neutral. No one would ever think headbutt doing damage as balanced, no idea why toestab has to do damage.

Well except it doesn't stun or do any stamina damage.

BarbeQMichael
04-03-2018, 11:11 AM
Well except it doesn't stun or do any stamina damage.

Stamina dmg can be nasty if you are below 20% already, but stun does not matter because it pushes you so far that the shugo cannot attack you while you are stunned. The stun should be just removed because it does not matter gameplay wise, it only gives irl headache when you hear the soundeffect so often.

DoodTheMan
04-04-2018, 12:51 AM
I think I didn't notice or think anything of this move until they took away the "last bar regen" thing. Now you can get low enough, and it can be buffed enough with gear to use it as a finisher.

ArchDukeInstinct
04-04-2018, 02:33 AM
Stamina dmg can be nasty if you are below 20% already, but stun does not matter because it pushes you so far that the shugo cannot attack you while you are stunned. The stun should be just removed because it does not matter gameplay wise, it only gives irl headache when you hear the soundeffect so often.

It discourages you from dashing back in immediately, giving Shugoki extra time to get their free hyper armor back.