PDA

View Full Version : Difference in rank:flight pos between FB & PF

tomtheyak
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Ever notice that on an FB campaign, tho you are of flight leader rank, i.e. Flight Lieutenant/Captain/Hauptmann/Kapitan then you are positioned still as a wingman (No.2) rather than as a flight or even 2nd element leader, yet in PF even as a Senior Lt (or equivalent) you can find yourself leading the flight or the second pair.

Similarly an RAF Flying Officer theoretically should lead the 2nd pair in any flight (3 or 7 position) but currently is relegated to wingman duty.

The PF way seems more accurate but is there any way of altering this for FB based campaigns?

For example, How I feel RAF ranks and flight positions for an 8 a/c flight should be:

1 - Group Captain/Wing Commander/Squadron Leader
2 - Pilot Officer
3 - Flying Officer
4 - Flight Sergeant

5 - Flight Lieutenant
6 - Pilot Officer
7 - Flying Officer
8 - Flight Sergeant

I realise that in reality much had to do with pilot skill and experience and some lower ranks would lead technically superior ranks thanks to more ops hours but given the game engine tends to do things by he book I feel it should be modified. After all on FB related campaigns I never get the chance to get a wingman till i've worked my way to Squadron Leader - its a long wait!

Is there a way to edit this?

tomtheyak
01-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Ever notice that on an FB campaign, tho you are of flight leader rank, i.e. Flight Lieutenant/Captain/Hauptmann/Kapitan then you are positioned still as a wingman (No.2) rather than as a flight or even 2nd element leader, yet in PF even as a Senior Lt (or equivalent) you can find yourself leading the flight or the second pair.

Similarly an RAF Flying Officer theoretically should lead the 2nd pair in any flight (3 or 7 position) but currently is relegated to wingman duty.

The PF way seems more accurate but is there any way of altering this for FB based campaigns?

For example, How I feel RAF ranks and flight positions for an 8 a/c flight should be:

1 - Group Captain/Wing Commander/Squadron Leader
2 - Pilot Officer
3 - Flying Officer
4 - Flight Sergeant

5 - Flight Lieutenant
6 - Pilot Officer
7 - Flying Officer
8 - Flight Sergeant

I realise that in reality much had to do with pilot skill and experience and some lower ranks would lead technically superior ranks thanks to more ops hours but given the game engine tends to do things by he book I feel it should be modified. After all on FB related campaigns I never get the chance to get a wingman till i've worked my way to Squadron Leader - its a long wait!

Is there a way to edit this?