PDA

View Full Version : New 190 Rankings?

JG7_Rall
02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Alright, now that the new patch is out and now that we have yet another 190 to play around with, what's the new order of supremacy in this family? Disregard firepower -- they're all pretty damn good in this field. It's based on performance only.

Is it...

D9/152
A5 Boost
A6
A4
A9
?
?
?

What do you guys think? I'm mostly interested in where the new boosted A5 fits in. Is it better to take this than the A6? Thanks!

JG7_Rall
02-09-2006, 09:42 PM
Alright, now that the new patch is out and now that we have yet another 190 to play around with, what's the new order of supremacy in this family? Disregard firepower -- they're all pretty damn good in this field. It's based on performance only.

Is it...

D9/152
A5 Boost
A6
A4
A9
?
?
?

What do you guys think? I'm mostly interested in where the new boosted A5 fits in. Is it better to take this than the A6? Thanks!

3.JG51_BigBear
02-09-2006, 09:52 PM
A-5 Boost is by far my favorite. We finally have an Anton that fits with the Wuger's reputation as a truly outstanding energy fighter. The A5 was great before but now its probably the most effective plane in the 43-44 plane set.

Hristo_
02-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Now if only we could have a 1.65 Ata with 4 Mausers. Or at least option to lose the MG FF without getting the bomb rack.

Now that I speak of it, I heven't checked yet http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 03:02 AM
Pure performance is still Dora then A5 new and A9 or a4depends on how you fly.

A5 new is not THAT impressive when you discover it overheats VERY fast. But I think it is realistic now.

But I really don´t understand why D9 keeps E so much better than other FW. Long nose should not change this behavior. The whing are simple A8 wings without guns.

Cippacometa
02-10-2006, 05:30 AM
D9
Ta152 (overheats too quickly to be used effectively)
A9
A5 "boost"
A5 & A6
A8
F8
A4

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 05:56 AM
As I said, it all depends on how you fly. I would take A4 any day befora a plain A5 or A6 or A8.

Cippacometa
02-10-2006, 06:08 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldMan____:
As I said, it all depends on how you fly. I would take A4 any day befora a plain A5 or A6 or A8. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're right, but I ranked them just in terms of pure performance (speed, acceleration and climb rate).
I'll take an A6 any day! (now maybe an A5 boost! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif)

Unknown-Pilot
02-10-2006, 07:20 AM
Boosted A5 doesn't feel any different to me at all. It can't maintain 1.65 in anything other than a straight line, overheats very quickly, and just isn't all that fast. Feels just like a regular A5, 'cept with faster overheat. (I've flown Antons more than anything else in the last several months)

I'd like to see some numbers on the Laughin' (La5FN for the newer members). That thing is still a ridiculous untouchable joke of a UFO. Some things just never change (been like that since IL2).

TX-Gunslinger
02-10-2006, 07:21 AM
They are all incredible, with the exception of 2 A/C -

190 A4 w/Derated engine
190 A9 nothing more than a heavy A8.

S~

Gunny

Kocur_
02-10-2006, 07:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OldMan____:
But I really don´t understand why D9 keeps E so much better than other FW. Long nose should not change this behavior. The whing are simple A8 wings without guns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it should, not as much as in game probably though. Check drag values in lower charts here (http://www.anycities.com/user/j22/j22/aero.htm). That btw arises another question: how come radial powered La-7 can zoom nearly as good as P-51 and Dora, while no Anton can...

Unknown-Pilot
02-10-2006, 07:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kocur_:
That btw arises another question: how come radial powered La-7 can zoom nearly as good as P-51 and Dora, while no Anton can... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's soviet. Why else? What a silly question.

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

AustinPowers_
02-10-2006, 07:51 AM
The ace List...

D9
A5 1.65 ATA
A6
A4
A8

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

tigertalon
02-10-2006, 07:58 AM
Tested 4.03 Fw family for sea level top speed here:

http://battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10155

Kocur_
02-10-2006, 08:01 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kocur_:
That btw arises another question: how come radial powered La-7 can zoom nearly as good as P-51 and Dora, while no Anton can... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because it's soviet. Why else? What a silly question.

lol http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, of course, but somehow Im never satisfied with THAT simple answers http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Kocur_
02-10-2006, 08:24 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tigertalon:
Tested 4.03 Fw family for sea level top speed here:

http://battle-fields.com/commscentre/showthread.php?t=10155 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

La-5FN at 590kmh @ SL... Yeah I heard a prototype, not even best possible serial produced (about 580kmh), but single, one and only La-5FN could do that. B(e)S(ure), for sure.

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 08:41 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Unknown-Pilot:
Boosted A5 doesn't feel any different to me at all. It can't maintain 1.65 in anything other than a straight line, overheats very quickly, and just isn't all that fast. Feels just like a regular A5, 'cept with faster overheat. (I've flown Antons more than anything else in the last several months)

I'd like to see some numbers on the Laughin' (La5FN for the newer members). That thing is still a ridiculous untouchable joke of a UFO. Some things just never change (been like that since IL2). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it IS very different. Just dont keep it all time at full power or it will ony melt and do no good. Fly it with Boost off most of time, it will be exactly like normal A5 (including overheat time). And when you need a boost in acceleration you use it.

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 08:45 AM
But I really don´t understand why D9 keeps E so much better than other FW. Long nose should not change this behavior. The whing are simple A8 wings without guns. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh it should, not as much as in game probably though. Check drag values in lower charts here (http://www.anycities.com/user/j22/j22/aero.htm). That btw arises another question: how come radial powered La-7 can zoom nearly as good as P-51 and Dora, while no Anton can... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmm by these number all antons should outaccelerate SPIT IX.. and what a dam dragster the Dora is.

Unknown-Pilot
02-10-2006, 09:24 AM

I'd like to see some numbers on the Laughin' (La5FN for the newer members). That thing is still a ridiculous untouchable joke of a UFO. Some things just never change (been like that since IL2). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well it IS very different. Just dont keep it all time at full power or it will ony melt and do no good. Fly it with Boost off most of time, it will be exactly like normal A5 (including overheat time). And when you need a boost in acceleration you use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You consider 15kph "very different"? I don't. Acceleration isn't much different either, and apparently (according to another forum), neither is the climb.

It's just a little faster, with much quicker overheat. Doesn't seem to be much of a bargain really. Just MO.
(I understand that I don't have to use it, I'm just sayin', it's not all that much better, if at all, when everything is taken into account)

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 09:51 AM

Well it IS very different. Just dont keep it all time at full power or it will ony melt and do no good. Fly it with Boost off most of time, it will be exactly like normal A5 (including overheat time). And when you need a boost in acceleration you use it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You consider 15kph "very different"? I don't. Acceleration isn't much different either, and apparently (according to another forum), neither is the climb.

It's just a little faster, with much quicker overheat. Doesn't seem to be much of a bargain really. Just MO.
(I understand that I don't have to use it, I'm just sayin', it's not all that much better, if at all, when everything is taken into account) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I do consider 15 kph as very different. Specially because it is a ship built upon speed.

Also the acceleration IS bigger ( I tested it side by side with simple A5).

BTW, what did you epeced from a plane that only change is engine rating? It is as different from previous FW as the 150 Jug is, as the Late P38 is etc...

Can you tell me any bird in 43 that is superior to this Anton?

Unknown-Pilot
02-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Can you tell me any bird in 43 that is superior to this Anton? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Laughin. (I'm assuming you meant in-game)

Kocur_
02-10-2006, 10:14 AM
Can you tell me any bird in 43 that is superior to this Anton? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Laughin. (I'm assuming you meant in-game) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup. La-5FN is just as fast, will outurn and 190, accelerates SO much faster, and it takes diving from more than ~2,5km to make it endangered by speed.

horseback
02-10-2006, 10:26 AM

Because it's soviet. Why else? What a silly question.http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I thought it was the slats...

cheers

horseback

OldMan____
02-10-2006, 10:34 AM

The Laughin. (I'm assuming you meant in-game) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yup. La-5FN is just as fast, will outurn and 190, accelerates SO much faster, and it takes diving from more than ~2,5km to make it endangered by speed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course I am talking in game.

It has worse maneuverability ( less instantaneous controls response and worse roll). It will NOT outturn 190 above 450 kph ( where all FW pilt should stay (that in MY opinion and way of fighting canceal each others). Also you have to worry with supercharger gears. Also FW has MUCH more firepower, specially now with the super MG shell we have. Top speed is almost the same (need to make a side by side acceleration contest). So if flown as a FW should, the new A5 is as good as LA5 FN.

Anyo ther plane ? I agree that is probably the best one you could put against the FW, but is not COMPLETELY superior.