PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-01-2018, 06:49 PM
We've seen threads where people get annoyed for being booted for inactivity. Some say they're holding a position down, some say they're booted while getting boost. I use to think it was all bs, just roll around at the location I thought. Spin the camera around while getting the boost I said. But just now I had a match where my opponent was losing and decided to retreat. I wasn't going to budge, so I stood there HOLDING LT, thinking let be ready in case he decides to make a move in the final seconds. At worse I'll beat him again the next round. But guess what, the game booted me for inactivity before I even got the chance. All of a sudden the claims others had didn't sound so crazy.

Tirik22x
04-01-2018, 06:55 PM
In before someone pointlessly defends why itís a good thing and you deserved to be booted.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-01-2018, 07:05 PM
It's crazy. I was there HOLDING the left trigger in a ready stance, locked in, then poof, vanished like a fart in the wind.

UbiInsulin
04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
We're definitely continuing to monitor player feedback on the AFK timer changes. We take the issue of AFK farmers seriously, but obviously this needs to be balanced against inconvenience to those who are actually at their keyboards. Thanks for sharing your experience with the system.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-01-2018, 08:14 PM
I'm on console btw. X1.

Walrusrancher
04-01-2018, 08:20 PM
In before someone pointlessly defends why itís a good thing and you deserved to be booted.

This is not the same thing as responding to a text or using the bathroom or getting up for a drink during a match. Please do not try to equate your selfish and rude behavior with someone that was actively participating.

This is a legit concern. What you do is not.

Rikuto01.tv
04-02-2018, 12:25 AM
You know what else can hold a left trigger down?

A rubber band.

Something to think about.

FatFreeIce
04-02-2018, 12:34 AM

A rubber band.

Oh so the people playing legitimately should be punished because a few people are trying to be illegitimate? I had the EXACT same thing happen to me in a duel during a tournament. Guy ran away like a baby and wanted to only try to ledge me so I stood there holding left trigger not giving him the satisfaction. Then BOOM I'm kicked out. Banned from tournaments for an hour. Here is a simple way to fix this... Give a warning like every other game in existence. A little count down pop up saying how long until you are kicked if you don't move.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-02-2018, 12:46 AM

A rubber band.

No it's not. Perhaps you say this because you don't have all the info. It was a duel. I could've had a rubber band there for a thousand years and if it didnt boot me nothing would be gained.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-02-2018, 12:48 AM
Oh so the people playing legitimately should be punished because a few people are trying to be illegitimate? I had the EXACT same thing happen to me in a duel during a tournament. Guy ran away like a baby and wanted to only try to ledge me so I stood there holding left trigger not giving him the satisfaction. Then BOOM I'm kicked out. Banned from tournaments for an hour. Here is a simple way to fix this... Give a warning like every other game in existence. A little count down pop up saying how long until you are kicked if you don't move.

This is way worse than mine. I could at least sit in the customize screen for 9+ minutes. An hour over this I'd be pissed. THAT is an issue. Mine was an inconvenience.

Tirik22x
04-02-2018, 02:11 AM

A rubber band.

No... you canít actually put any thought into that, really. That is something that will happen, and does happen in thousands of games that canít really be combated.

You shouldnít have to be doing tactical cartwheels just to not get booted while defending a zone.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
04-02-2018, 04:18 PM
You shouldn’t have to be doing tactical cartwheels just to not get booted while defending a zone.

No you shouldnt.