PDA

View Full Version : Enough is enough, Ubisoft

GunnarGunderson
09-29-2011, 08:21 PM
Why is dubstep in every trailer recently? Seriously, it's getting old. Why not pick some music that fits better

PirateRob
09-29-2011, 08:24 PM
dont get me wrong i like dubstep in general i'd just prefer something that fit a bit better

trueguitarist95
09-29-2011, 08:25 PM
Yeah, Ubi, how about some metal or something?!?!

Animuses
09-29-2011, 08:27 PM
They aren't even using hardcore dubstep for their trailers. The songs they are using have nice, suiting beats with minor dubstep elements. I wouldn't mind a change in music though.
Originally posted by trueguitarist95:
Yeah, Ubi, how about some metal or something?!?!
No, just no.

DarthEzio55
09-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by BradKinn:
Why is dubstep in every trailer recently? Seriously, it's getting old. Why not pick some music that fits better
I kinda don't care if they include any type of song or not, as long as it has something that will keep me excited about acr. But if the song does bother me, i'll just mute the video,and play another song, in a new tab

Voltige2011
09-29-2011, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by DarthEzio55:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BradKinn:
I kinda don't care if they include any type of song or not, as long as it has something that will keep me excited about acr. But if the song does bother me, i'll just mute the video,and play another song, in a new tab </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Get this man a nobel prize.

Anyway I kind of prefer the one with words, it made me have questions.

Calvarok
09-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Electronic music has been used in AC marketing since AC1. Now they've used a few with some dubstep elements. But quite a few of the songs have not had any dubstep elements at all, but people can't seem to tell the difference. Like the latest combat trailer.

SpyderNynja
09-29-2011, 09:14 PM

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ls5tzoQRoe1qlhejko5_250.gif

Jexx21
09-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Electronic music like dubstep fits the AC series the best in my opinion, much better than metal or screamo, or whatever these goth kids are listening to now-a-days.

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 11:07 PM
They're french baby.

New Justice album in October. I'm pumped!

GunnarGunderson
09-29-2011, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
They're french baby.

French Canadian

archangel_101
09-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Yea I'm all for the dubstep, it suits the character of the animus perfectly with the harmonic/chaotic feel to the music, glitchy. It works http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

RzaRecta357
09-29-2011, 11:50 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
They're french baby.

French Canadian </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haha yeah yeah. I'm from Ontario so we don't call them that. Just french, or occasionally to tease them...Hillbilly french. Because Quebec french is quite a bit different from France. Haha.

itsamea-mario
09-30-2011, 12:45 AM
Getting tired if dubstep, how?
I think it fits quite well, besides it wasn't in the E3 trailer or the extended one.

Metal definitely would not work, it's about what fits, not what's good.

Chronomancy
09-30-2011, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
Getting tired if dubstep, how?
I think it fits quite well, besides it wasn't in the E3 trailer or the extended one.

Metal definitely would not work, it's about what fits, not what's good.

Agreed I think the dubstep fits perfectly, it gives it a real fast paced theme.

Biomedical-Fire
09-30-2011, 04:27 AM
I'd like to hear either Armin or Tiesto in their trailers, maybe even Above & Beyond. Some good quality Trance.

JenC03
09-30-2011, 04:58 AM
I voted 'no' because there hasn't been that many dubstep AC trailers (I guess if it kept going on and on with that type of music I might get annoyed) & also because it's actually sad how many times I've watched the recently released 'Kill trailer' with the Chase & Status song: it's by far my favourite trailer Ubisoft has done for any of the AC games.

To make my point longer http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif , my second favourite trailer (technically a TV spot) would have to be the one for the first game where it used Massive Attack's Teardrop (this one (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ihyE5ZruPc)) and it would be nice to hear another calm-ish type of song used (like in that TV spot) but long story short I'm not getting tired of the dubstep choices http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

InfectedNation
09-30-2011, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
Electronic music like dubstep fits the AC series the best in my opinion, much better than metal or screamo, or whatever these goth kids are listening to now-a-days.

I agree that it fits the trailers well, but don't ever mention Metal in the same sentence as that god-awful abomination called screamo.

archangel_101
09-30-2011, 09:11 AM
lol I can actually imagine them using screamo in a multiplayer trailer (Edit:: Please don't though)

NuclearFuss
09-30-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
They're french baby.

High-5 to you sir! Can't wait for it. Although Their new single was a bit of a let down after Civilisation http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif

PhiIs1618033
09-30-2011, 12:21 PM
It fit really, really well with the first two trailers they used, but the extended trailer was a bit off.

Now, I'm a massive dubstep fan, but if it doesn't fit right, don't use it.

Jexx21
09-30-2011, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by InfectedNation:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

I agree that it fits the trailers well, but don't ever mention Metal in the same sentence as that god-awful abomination called screamo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I included metal in because of all these weird genres now a days, like 'Death metal'.

I mean wtf? I thought music was about actual songs and good sounding music. Not some kind of metal alloy found in Gotic fantasy.

Sarari
09-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Games that have dubstep in their trailers and other stuff, doesn't make it a "legendary" game..........but I love AC and it's gonna stay legendary to me http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

They should put something besides dubstep though. Every little detail of a trailer counts. Ubisoft shouldn't be having people open new tabs and listening to other songs while watching their trailers.

ZzFinzZ
10-01-2011, 01:20 PM
The animated part of swiftslasher7's signature answers this.

dewgel
10-01-2011, 01:38 PM
Dubstep (in my opinion) is awful. I hate it's repetitiveness and overall annoying sounds. However, that's my opinion, I'm not saying it is terrible, before anyone flames me.

I don't think it suits some of the trailers, I much prefer the epic orchestra style trailers, like the new E3 Extended one, that had some cool music (the main theme).

The dubstep only seems to suit combat / battle trailers, if they used it in a story trailer it would fail.

The Brotherhood Launch trailer was the best, without a doubt. That was epic, if anyone remembers it?

rednas3636
10-01-2011, 01:58 PM
why not follow the cello/genesis/burn my shadow away trend xp
dont like dubstep http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

itsamea-mario
10-01-2011, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by dewgel:
Dubstep (in my opinion) is awful. I hate it's repetitiveness and overall annoying sounds. However, that's my opinion, I'm not saying it is terrible, before anyone flames me.

I don't think it suits some of the trailers, I much prefer the epic orchestra style trailers, like the new E3 Extended one, that had some cool music (the main theme).

The dubstep only seems to suit combat / battle trailers, if they used it in a story trailer it would fail.

The Brotherhood Launch trailer was the best, without a doubt. That was epic, if anyone remembers it?

You can't say dubstep is bad, you can say some or most dubstep is bad.
Saying dubstep is bad is like saying music is bad.

rileypoole1234
10-01-2011, 02:09 PM
dubstep is one of the worst sounding things I've ever heard in my life. It sounds like I'm in an industrial warehouse and all the machines are going and everything. It's not music. Just put in some classical pieces like the one's in the games or the one in the extended e3 trailer and it would be so much better.

rileypoole1234
10-01-2011, 02:11 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

Saying dubstep is bad is like saying music is bad. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dubstep isn't music. It's crap. It should be called crapstep.

GameFreak65
10-01-2011, 02:33 PM
Im really tired of no speaking in the trailrs and dubsteb also i think they should make it with fitting musik

Jexx21
10-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by itsamea-mario:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dewgel:

dubstep isn't music. It's crap. It should be called crapstep. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fottito. People have different opinions. I'm sorry you hate a genre of music.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 02:57 PM

Actually he can. Some people just don't like some kinds of music. If someone doesn't like the very essence of what dubstep is, then they'll really not like any dubstep.

However rileypoole1234, saying it's "crap" is wrong. Regardless of whether you like it or not, dubstep is music and there's a sizable amount of people out there that enjoy it quite much. Also, please refrain from double posting, if you have anything to add, you can just edit your last post.

dewgel
10-01-2011, 03:05 PM

As Lightrey said, I can. It's just my opinion. I feel that Dubstep is just awful, however I'm not going to let that ruin my day and cause arguments. Alot of people love it, I'm not one of them.

I don't get how saying dubstep is bad is like saying music is bad, though, because there are so many different genres out there. I just don't like that one, just like I don't like Rap, RnB, Indie, or Metal.

I like Pop, Dance, Classical / Orchestral, Techno, Trance etc.. some of which you may not like.

Like I said though, Dubstep does suit those combat / gameplay trailers, it just wouldn't suit a story trailer, like the Brotherhood launch one, that one was ace.

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
I really don't have a preference for any kind of music. Any music that can send chills of awe down my spine is great imo.

SpyderNynja
10-01-2011, 03:08 PM
There are things people like and don't like. But did you really have to make a thread titled, "Enough is enough, Ubisoft"? Kinda makes me want to make a thread titled, "Enough is enough, forumgoers." I've just had enough of coming into the forum and seeing people complain about trivial things as if they were world altering political movements.

So you don't like dubstep? Big deal. I hated it when I first heard it, but I was also hearing some pretty hardcore tracks played for me by friends, meant only for the most die hard fans of it. After some searching, a few artists piqued my interest such as Skrillex, Flux Pavillion, The Glitch Mob and Klaypex. Their tracks, for the most part, have less of the, "WUBWUB" factor that sounds like industrial noise and more catchy rhythms. I can listen to them all day, especially while training Parkour.

That said, the genre is DEFINITELY an acquired taste. Dubstep is a rapidly growing music trend among the teenage/20's demographic. The artists I listed above have youtube hits in the hundreds of thousands. Those are huge numbers. Bigger than the number of people who dislike it. As a safe bet, Ubisoft video editors are using dubstep tracks that aren't extremely heavy and have beats that they are able to edit Animus-like transitions and synchronizations to, just like how the Animus is all about transitioning to the next sequence after achieving full synchronization. The editors are freakin' geniuses when it comes to music choice. (Everyone on here has to have praised at least one AC trailer for having a song they absolutely fell in love with and have since thrown on to their iPod because of it.) They made one hell of a smart business maneuver, and it's welcome and working.

So please, let us post more productive topics in this lovely forum they gave us, yeah?

And if this post upsets you OP, well I suppose you're just gonna have to...

http://i.imgur.com/EKN2R.gif

LightRey
10-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by swiftslasher7:
There are things people like and don't like. But did you really have to make a thread titled, "Enough is enough, Ubisoft"? Kinda makes me want to make a thread titled, "Enough is enough, forumgoers." I've just had enough of coming into the forum and seeing people complain about trivial things as if they were world altering political movements.

So you don't like dubstep? Big deal. I hated it when I first heard it, but I was also hearing some pretty hardcore tracks played for me by friends, meant only for the most die hard fans of it. After some searching, a few artists piqued my interest such as Skrillex, Flux Pavillion, The Glitch Mob and Klaypex. Their tracks, for the most part, have less of the, "WUBWUB" factor that sounds like industrial noise and more catchy rhythms. I can listen to them all day, especially while training Parkour.

That said, the genre is DEFINITELY an acquired taste. Dubstep is a rapidly growing music trend among the teenage/20's demographic. The artists I listed above have youtube hits in the hundreds of thousands. Those are huge numbers. Bigger than the number of people who dislike it. As a safe bet, Ubisoft video editors are using dubstep tracks that aren't extremely heavy and have beats that they are able to edit Animus-like transitions and synchronizations to, just like how the Animus is all about transitioning to the next sequence after achieving full synchronization. The editors are freakin' geniuses when it comes to music choice. (Everyone on here has to have praised at least one AC trailer for having a song they absolutely fell in love with and have since thrown on to their iPod because of it.) They made one hell of a smart business maneuver, and it's welcome and working.

So please, let us post more productive topics in this lovely forum they gave us, yeah?

And if this post upsets you OP, well I suppose you're just gonna have to...

http://i.imgur.com/EKN2R.gif
^has got some good points.

itsamea-mario
10-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Well you shouldn't say it's bad, you should say you don't like it, because some people do like it.

Saying it's bad and saying it's crap are the same thing. Using a definitive word to describe an opinion.