PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Renaissance: Spoilers

cgdemon894
12-31-2009, 12:37 AM
For anyone who does not have the book like me (Not yet in Canada), Can anyone please put up some stuff that was featured in the book but not the game, what happens after the events of seeing Minerva, what does Ezio do?

cgdemon894
12-31-2009, 12:37 AM
For anyone who does not have the book like me (Not yet in Canada), Can anyone please put up some stuff that was featured in the book but not the game, what happens after the events of seeing Minerva, what does Ezio do?

Captain Tomatoz
12-31-2009, 01:53 AM
he walks out and borgia asks him what was in the vault. Ezio replies by saying 'nothing'. Ezio then meets with the other assassin's. Not much really http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Avl521
12-31-2009, 09:00 AM
So borgia is still alive?? I thought Ezio had strangled him...

MrNussbaum
12-31-2009, 09:39 AM
Historically, Rodrigo Borgia dies in 1503, 4 years after the events of AC2.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 11:40 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
Historically, Rodrigo Borgia dies in 1503, 4 years after the events of AC2. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif I knew that already... I also knew Robert de Sable died in 1193 not in 1191 as in AC1 (as far as I know AC1 happened in a single year) I'm talking about the fictional story, I thought Ezio strangled Borgia, then the cutscene happened and he left borgia there to die... that's how I saw it.
What else happens in the book that I should know of http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif???

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 12:26 PM
I think it also explains how the other assassins stayed together in the new "masyaf" (monteriggioni) and also who Ezio has his kids with I think it was Rosa

Avl521
12-31-2009, 12:38 PM
Really? Rosa? wow I kinda expected that XD

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 12:41 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
Really? Rosa? wow I kinda expected that XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its definatley Rosa or Christina but I reckon in the DLC we will find out.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 12:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle_Ghost101:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Avl521:
Really? Rosa? wow I kinda expected that XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know its definatley Rosa or Christina but I reckon in the DLC we will find out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
yeah, that too... I have another doubt, did Ezio keep the Staff? I mean he has the Apple
but does he take the staff as well? is tat mentioned in the book?

Fudz4
12-31-2009, 12:50 PM
I honeslty dont know much about the book other then that info Ill have to ask my friend later, I reckon that one of the other assassins kept the staff most likely the leader of it (forgot his name) you met him when all of them regrouped infront of you after fighting the Spaniard, seems like the type of guy that would. I think thier seperate to keep them away from eachother, so if a templar ever finds either one, they will have to look for the other aswell.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 12:58 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Eagle_Ghost101:
I honeslty dont know much about the book other then that info Ill have to ask my friend later, I reckon that one of the other assassins kept the staff most likely the leader of it (forgot his name) you met him when all of them regrouped infront of you after fighting the Spaniard, seems like the type of guy that would. I think thier seperate to keep them away from eachother, so if a templar ever finds either one, they will have to look for the other aswell. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Machiavelli? anyways thanks for your info http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif I'll have to see if I can find the book somewhere.

P459
12-31-2009, 01:10 PM
In Ezios room, the one with all the pictures of his targets, you can read about the targets he killed. There is also a born/dead date. The interesting thing is that there is no born/dead date with Borgia, so I dont think that he was killed by Ezio.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 01:24 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P459:
In Ezios room, the one with all the pictures of his targets, you can read about the targets he killed. There is also a born/dead date. The interesting thing is that there is no born/dead date with Borgia, so I dont think that he was killed by Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I mean I was not sure if he was dead or not, I mean you strangle him and have that typical chat sequence in the white dimension with him, so I thought he was dead.
Plus at the end Ezio says:
"Nula e reale, tutto e lecito. Requiescat in Pace"
so the Requiescat in Pace made me think "you strangled him, you had the final discussion, you told him Requiescat in pace... That fat dude is DEAD!!" although I did knew Alexander VI dies in 1503, AC is fictional http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

BAMB0
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
First off, I'm in Ontario and I bought this book like 3 weeks ago. You need to look harder lol.

In the game he strangles Borgia but does not kill him. Ezio even said it himself that killing him would not bring back his family. So he just left him there. After the fight before you walk into the final tomb you actually see Borgia still there on the floor, awake, alive and looking at you.

In the book he does the same thing. He chokes Borgia out. But does not kill him. He enters the tomb and talks with Minerva and when he walks out Borgia is sitting on a nearby seat and has taken poison. He said if he had ever failed then he would poison himself as that is the consequence of failing. Plus he had syphilis. So it was a nice combination of things that killed him.

Since were talking straight book only. It would have to be Rosa because Christina dies during memory sequence 13 (which will be DLC).

On a side note, I liked how the Minerva/Ezio meeting was handled in the book. It gave it a more "god like" feeling that really felt as if he was in the presence of such a powerful being. Opposed to standing in a room to a projection.

Avl521
12-31-2009, 02:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:
First off, I'm in Ontario and I bought this book like 3 weeks ago. You need to look harder lol.

In the game he strangles Borgia but does not kill him. Ezio even said it himself that killing him would not bring back his family. So he just left him there. After the fight before you walk into the final tomb you actually see Borgia still there on the floor, awake, alive and looking at you.

In the book he does the same thing. He chokes Borgia out. But does not kill him. He enters the tomb and talks with Minerva and when he walks out Borgia is sitting on a nearby seat and has taken poison. He said if he had ever failed then he would poison himself as that is the consequence of failing. Plus he had syphilis. So it was a nice combination of things that killed him.

Since were talking straight book only. It would have to be Rosa because Christina dies during memory sequence 13 (which will be DLC).

On a side note, I liked how the Minerva/Ezio meeting was handled in the book. It gave it a more "god like" feeling that really felt as if he was in the presence of such a powerful being. Opposed to standing in a room to a projection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Cristina dies? how do you know that?? (not questioning if it's true or not, it's just that I haven't heard that and I look for everything new on the DLC... yeah I'm addicted to AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif)

cgdemon894
12-31-2009, 03:31 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BAMB0:

On a side note, I liked how the Minerva/Ezio meeting was handled in the book. It gave it a more "god like" feeling that really felt as if he was in the presence of such a powerful being. Opposed to standing in a room to a projection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im in TO to be exact, i kept looking in chapters and indigo but nothing... how was savonarola handled in the book? ezio had 2 pieces of eden rite? how does christina die?

OzDavis
01-01-2010, 04:02 AM
...I thought Ezio strangled Borgia, then the cutscene happened and he left borgia there to die... </div></BLOCKQUOTE> http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif So I guess that you missed the bit in the cut scene where Ezio clearly says words to the effect of:
I'm not going to kill you because it won't bring my family back!

Captain Tomatoz
01-01-2010, 05:46 AM

Cristina dies? how do you know that?? (not questioning if it's true or not, it's just that I haven't heard that and I look for everything new on the DLC... yeah I'm addicted to AC http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it says in the book, he said that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Filipezinho
01-01-2010, 05:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by P459:
In Ezios room, the one with all the pictures of his targets, you can read about the targets he killed. There is also a born/dead date. The interesting thing is that there is no born/dead date with Borgia, so I dont think that he was killed by Ezio. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Those portraits that have two dates are not born and death, they're the date that the first one is killed and the last, like in the Pazi conspirators, they went through several years to kill them all, AC2 is not just 1 year.

BAMB0
01-01-2010, 09:33 AM
I'm in TO too lol. I bought it at smith books. But I know indigo sells it because I first found it there but chose not to buy it at the time.

Cristina dies in the book. When Savonarola takes over Florence he starts to purge everything that he deemed bad or wrong since he wanted to go back to middle aged times. Since Lorenzo died, Manfredo - Cristina now husband - took a stand not to leave because he thought Piero - Lorenzos son? I think - would fight back and take the city back. Obviously that didn't work out too well and Manfredo and Cristina die and then Piero just leaves the city.

I kinda like how Savonarola played out, I'm kinda interested in how it will play out and actually look in game because the book is different from the game. If it plays out like it does in the book, pertaining to how Savonarola gets the piece of eden then it'll be interesting to see.

Like in the game it doesn't really explain what happens to the staff. He keeps the apple on him as Minerva asks to see it. Nothing more was said about the staff after he uses it to open the door.

Avl521
01-01-2010, 10:08 AM
I'm getting more interested in this book... I'm gonna have to go look and find it somehow.

cgdemon894
01-01-2010, 02:07 PM
I'm getting more interested in this book... I'm gonna have to go look and find it somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good...You better be http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Avl521
01-01-2010, 02:15 PM
haha I'm very interested in everything AC related but I was not sure about buying the book.
Now I want it! XD

Fudz4
01-01-2010, 02:18 PM
im honestly not bothered about the merchandise or the side games lol. Ill just read up on them considering all I have is a 360.

Avl521
01-01-2010, 02:45 PM
im honestly not bothered about the merchandise or the side games lol. Ill just read up on them considering all I have is a 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a PS3 and a PSP.
so I got to play AC1, one of my favorite games, then I saw my cousin had AC on DS and I finished it. Then AC2 came out and Bloodlines, I finished both, and synched both of them.
so all I'm missing is the book and AC Discovery for DS.
However all this AC frenzy just kinda happened without me realizing.

Fudz4
01-01-2010, 02:48 PM
im honestly not bothered about the merchandise or the side games lol. Ill just read up on them considering all I have is a 360. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have a PS3 and a PSP.
so I got to play AC1, one of my favorite games, then I saw my cousin had AC on DS and I finished it. Then AC2 came out and Bloodlines, I finished both, and synched both of them.
However all this AC frenzy just kinda happened without me realizing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the pure epic briliance of Montreal - AC team for you lol.

Avl521
01-01-2010, 04:49 PM
I have a PS3 and a PSP.
However all this AC frenzy just kinda happened without me realizing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thats the pure epic briliance of Montreal - AC team for you lol. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Lol they truly hooked me up with AC.
I'm kind of addicted to it... but hey to me that's not an issue, I love it! XD

dornwolf
01-03-2010, 01:09 PM
haha I'm very interested in everything AC related but I was not sure about buying the book.
Now I want it! XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, a lot of times tie in novels for games rarely work out well, they either do a word for word scene for scene novel that brings nothing new or an original novel that just sucks. While there have been a couple of iffy books Ubi has yet to deleiver a flat out stinker.

Avl521
01-03-2010, 02:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dornwolf:
Now I want it! XD </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Trust me, a lot of times tie in novels for games rarely work out well, they either do a word for word scene for scene novel that brings nothing new or an original novel that just sucks. While there have been a couple of iffy books Ubi has yet to deleiver a flat out stinker. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
oh, so in your opinion, how would you describe the book?? is it worth buying? should I borrow it from someone? is it even worth reading? I'll probably end up reading it anyways but your opinion would be very much appreciated, overall, would you recommend reading it?? Does it add any other interesting things besides what was already mentioned that would make me buy it?