PDA

View Full Version : Send a text, get booted... cool.

Tirik22x
03-29-2018, 05:38 PM
I received a text at the beginning of the match, I hurry and reply annnnnnd now Iím waiting 10 minutes for my matchmaking penalty after being booted for ďinactivityĒ.

Thatís a bit on the harsh side donít ya say?

BTTrinity
03-29-2018, 05:50 PM
Or getting kicked because I sat on the a dominion point without moving, because nobody came after me. If my score is actively going up, I should NOT be getting kicked... Especially when I'm topping the scoreboard.

Dane520123
03-29-2018, 07:27 PM
Yea they went super over board. I literally sent a short text to a friend real quick.. not even a minute it took me and I turn look up and Iím booted for inactivity itís freakin rediculous.

FredEx919
03-29-2018, 08:34 PM
We had to lower the timer to better deal with AFK farming, but it's something we can look at for possible changes. I've expressed the feelings around that to the teams already so lets see what happens.

DoctorMcBatman
03-29-2018, 08:52 PM
In this case, I think you deserved the boot. I think the current AFK timer is at 40 seconds? No idea where it used to be; it was either higher or it didn't work.

But if you take 60 seconds to send a text in a match - that can be very disruptive to your team. If it's an even team skill-wise, you're almost certainly giving the enemy the upper hand temporarily (if not setting it up that way for the rest of the game). Being one man down even for a few seconds can make a difference in a bout, and even the resolution of the game.

pimmas01
03-29-2018, 08:56 PM
like mentioned above, if you're sitting on a point then you shouldn't get kicked. but texting you can bloody well wait with until the game is done.

Tirik22x
03-29-2018, 11:00 PM
like mentioned above, if you're sitting on a point then you shouldn't get kicked. but texting you can bloody well wait with until the game is done.

Ah yes, despite being on top of the games leaderboard, I clearly was better replaced by a worthless bot because I sent a single text.

F logic.

pimmas01
03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
it is not a matter of if you're a better player or not, it's about you being AFK / doing nothing. you seem to think you are entitled a spot simply for doing well, and that your text is more important than the time of 7 other players.
you can wait a few minutes before responding; "haha". im sure that if it was anything actually important, getting kicked and penalized for 10mins wouldn't actually be a problem.

dont sully logic with your selfrighteousness.

Tirik22x
03-30-2018, 05:33 PM
it is not a matter of if you're a better player or not, it's about you being AFK / doing nothing. you seem to think you are entitled a spot simply for doing well, and that your text is more important than the time of 7 other players.
you can wait a few minutes before responding; "haha". im sure that if it was anything actually important, getting kicked and penalized for 10mins wouldn't actually be a problem.

dont sully logic with your selfrighteousness.

It is, bc RL. And being that I was the only one on my team with a positive KD, Iím sure it was greatly beneficial to the team to replace me with a worthless bot bc I didnít move for 30~ seconds.

Again... logic, F it.

Tirik22x
03-30-2018, 05:35 PM
The penalty for being afk for 30-40 seconds is ridiculous, itís as simple as that. Iím sorry that if youíre afk for that amount of time, you lose your Zerg ball and get roflstomped 1v1. Thatís not my fault tho. Just try getting good.

Hormly
03-30-2018, 11:51 PM
Timer should be dialed back a bit, anf removed when boosting a zone. I find myself nervously tapping keys 😕

That being said i highly doubt you sent one text and got booted

Tirik22x
03-31-2018, 04:15 AM
Timer should be dialed back a bit, anf removed when boosting a zone. I find myself nervously tapping keys 😕

That being said i highly doubt you sent one text and got booted

You donít have to believe it...

But itís true.

Hormly
03-31-2018, 04:39 AM
You donít have to believe it...

But itís true.

Nah. Youre exaggerating or the slowest texter in the country

NHLGoldenKnight
03-31-2018, 10:05 AM
I am also frustrated with the new changes regarding being afk. I was kicked in many different occasions while playing with my friends.

Replying to someone's text via ps4? Got kicked.
Going to restroom to take a leak? Again, got kicked.
Getting a glass of water? Yup, got kicked.
Answering the front door to pick up delivery? Good guess, I god kicked again.

So what am I supposed to do if I need to quickly use a restroom or get a glass of water? Or unlocking front door for my wife if she doesn't have a key with her? If I quit the game I get 10 min ban. If I stay in the game , I get 10 min ban.

You guys didn't think this trough, it needs to change. It should allow average time person needs to take a leak or get a glass of water without being kicked out of the game. And I assure you, it takes little longer than 30 or 40 seconds for that. My guess is that 60 seconds should be fine.

Kryltic
03-31-2018, 10:18 AM
If you need to go to the toilet, have a drink or reply to a text, wait until after the game like a normal person. Why should the other players suffer because you can't wait or see yourself as more important. There's nothing more annoying than AFK players during the game, especially when it causes a team to lose.

If anything I'd ask ubi to make it 30 seconds before kicking to further reduce the impact but that's just me.

Edit: While Im on that subject I'd also make the penalty 20min if it happens while your team is breaking.

NHLGoldenKnight
03-31-2018, 10:33 AM
Suffer? Really? That is how far you will go? Geez....these tryhards :)

I don't remember any other game that wouldn't allow me enough time to use a restroom or get a glass of water. For Honor is the first one and I played hundreds of games over past 20+ years.

It is unacceptable to be like that. If nothing changes, I am going to stop playing the game.

And this has nothing to do with being inactive. I can be afk but still contributing because I always stay in the zone, boosting the zone. So I am bringing points to my team but I am getting kicked because my bladder was full? And if I really have to go for a minute, even if I quit, I still get banned? Ridiculous.

Not to mention that there is not enough time to answer front door without getting kicked. Not all of us medieval freaks who like swords live in our parents basement lol

Tirik22x
03-31-2018, 12:16 PM
Suffer? Really? That is how far you will go? Geez....these tryhards :)

I don't remember any other game that wouldn't allow me enough time to use a restroom or get a glass of water. For Honor is the first one and I played hundreds of games over past 20+ years.

It is unacceptable to be like that. If nothing changes, I am going to stop playing the game.

And this has nothing to do with being inactive. I can be afk but still contributing because I always stay in the zone, boosting the zone. So I am bringing points to my team but I am getting kicked because my bladder was full? And if I really have to go for a minute, even if I quit, I still get banned? Ridiculous.

Not to mention that there is not enough time to answer front door without getting kicked. Not all of us medieval freaks who like swords live in our parents basement lol

Right?!

I am a try hard, believe me... but I obviously still think this penalty is ridiculous. The only thing more ridiculous are the posters in this thread that obviously poop themselves, and just go wipe in between rounds, and call that not only acceptable, but mandatory.

Like dude... go make a real friend and get some fresh air. Weirdos.

Kryltic
03-31-2018, 03:08 PM
Well, I can't speak for everyone else but I'll finish the game first, then go do what I need to do, even if it means leaving for the main menu.

I won't stick around waiting for the match kick or allow me team to be at a disadvantage for no reason.

Yes you might be on a zone "boosting" but if an opponent comes and kills you while you're away you're not really doing anything other than wasting a player slot.

Walrusrancher
03-31-2018, 05:25 PM
For starters I've played more than a thousand matches and never gotten booted. It's not hard.

So in your first post you say this happened at the beginning of the match. Later you claim you were at the top of the leader board. So your recount of what happened is sketchy at best. As for the system itself if anything it gives you too much time to afk.

Most matches don't last more than ten minutes which means you're afk for nearly 10% of the match. If you deem something important enough to take you away from the game a ten minute penalty shouldn't be a big deal.

For the guy saying he gets up for a drink and uses the bathroom during games. You've got to be trolling because those are things that should be done between games. If you're that close to pissing yourself or dying from dehydration you have more important things to worry about than a ten minute penalty in a video game.

Finally you say we're all taking this game too seriously and recommend we get out and get some fresh air. Yet you are the one who can't handle a ten minute break from this game. Please think about that.

NHLGoldenKnight
03-31-2018, 06:50 PM
Well, that is the point. I have a lot of matches behind me as well and Inwas never kicked until recent update for season 5. Now, I am getting kicked 5 times a day.

And no, I am not trolling, just telling as it is. Game should allow you enough time to quickly visit the restroom or grab a glass of water. Or answer front door if someone is asking for you. Why would I be kicked , banned for 10 minutes and separated from my teammates (and my friends) just because I needed minute or so to answer my front door if someone is looking for me? And what is even worse is that I was defending the zone, I could see my hero standing there before I got kicked.

Also, believe it or not, there are some older people playing this game. Like in their late 40s, and even 50s. Bladder control is more of an issue the older you get. You have to go when you have to. Somwhat is their option during longer matches? To go to the restroom and get kicked and banned? Or quit to be fair to their teammates but still banned for another match?

As I said earlier, I do not recall such strict afk rules in ANY other competitive game over last 20 years or so, and games I played were MUCH more popular than For Honor is. But they would still allow you enough time do satisfy your basic needs during gameplay or even competitive match. There is no reason whatsoever to be any different when it comes to For Honor. Unless they really want to push everyone away from this game. Guess they could save some many on servers and paychecks lol

Walrusrancher
03-31-2018, 07:30 PM
I have yet to see a match go longer than 15 minutes. If you can't go that long without being able to control your bladder then i guess it's time to start buying diapers. I'm not sure why you even bring up getting a drink. Any rational person would concede that should be done between matches and if you're choking and need water surely you'll take a ten minute penalty rather than die? Honestly you just sound like an entitled old man or woman. I would expect comments like this from teenagers not someone in their 50s.