PDA

View Full Version : Kensei's comboed top light can hit Shinobi out of a kick.

PepsiBeastin
03-29-2018, 02:28 AM
Like a fly..

https://i.imgur.com/fxFWQ5Y.gif

SphericalChip53
03-29-2018, 02:42 AM
Good.

This video is VERY good.

Shibobi's kick should be interruptable given how long the animation is... not to mention that the startup for Nobushi's kick can be guardbroken, but for some reason Shibobi's can't??

Shinobi kick is one of the most spammed moves in the game and I'm glad there's finally something that will actually interuppt it outright.

PepsiBeastin
03-29-2018, 03:02 AM
below

PepsiBeastin
03-29-2018, 03:08 AM
Good.

This video is VERY good.

Shibobi's kick should be interruptable given how long the animation is... not to mention that the startup for Nobushi's kick can be guardbroken, but for some reason Shibobi's can't??

Shinobi kick is one of the most spammed moves in the game and I'm glad there's finally something that will actually interuppt it outright.

https://i.imgur.com/vSDDaxm.gif
Shinobi can be guardbroken out of a kick startup. Please tell me how shinobi's kick should be uninterruptible. If it was, it would be the most useless disabling move in the game second only to demon's embrace.

SphericalChip53
03-29-2018, 03:34 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vSDDaxm.gif
Shinobi can be guardbroken out of a kick startup. Please tell me how shinobi's kick should be uninterruptible. If it was, it would be the most useless disabling move in the game second only to demon's embrace.

That centurion guardbroke you on reaction to the dash, that's why it lands the instant you go into the kick. Nobushi's kick can be guardbroken during the length of the animation if the person does not get hit by the kick. Shibobi's kick, for as long as the animation is, cannot be guardbroken during the length of the animation, only during the instant of the startup. I would be fine with Shibobi's kick being completely interruptable if it did not combo into a light whether or not it whiffs, because every other bash/kick in the game can be dodged and whiff punished, but Shinobi can immediately attack the dodging enemy with a very fast light after having his own kick whiffed, so the kick is essentially unpunishable unless you guardbreak at the same time or have an attack fast enough (like Kensei's combo lights) to stop it outright. And you can't tell me to just guardbreak whenever I see a shinobi dodge because he also has regular dash attacks which override reaction guardbreaks. This unpunish-ability is why it is incessantly spammed by the majority of Shinobis I run into, and I'd gladly take a "useless" CC move that can just as easily be spammed in ganks over unpunishable; mind you too that Shinobi has the largest moveset in the game, so I don't think one move being deemed useless is going to hurt him.

PepsiBeastin
03-29-2018, 04:14 AM
That centurion guardbroke you on reaction to the dash, that's why it lands the instant you go into the kick. Nobushi's kick can be guardbroken during the length of the animation if the person does not get hit by the kick. Shibobi's kick, for as long as the animation is, cannot be guardbroken during the length of the animation, only during the instant of the startup. I would be fine with Shibobi's kick being completely interruptable if it did not combo into a light whether or not it whiffs, because every other bash/kick in the game can be dodged and whiff punished, but Shinobi can immediately attack the dodging enemy with a very fast light after having his own kick whiffed, so the kick is essentially unpunishable unless you guardbreak at the same time or have an attack fast enough (like Kensei's combo lights) to stop it outright. And you can't tell me to just guardbreak whenever I see a shinobi dodge because he also has regular dash attacks which override reaction guardbreaks. This unpunish-ability is why it is incessantly spammed by the majority of Shinobis I run into, and I'd gladly take a "useless" CC move that can just as easily be spammed in ganks over unpunishable; mind you too that Shinobi has the largest moveset in the game, so I don't think one move being deemed useless is going to hurt him.
This is just a problem of you needing to learn how to punish. Don't say it's impossible. If you want to get pissy about a move, get pissy about jump attacks that track dodges sideways/turn midair and get hyperarmor.

Hormly
03-29-2018, 04:21 AM
Shinobi are jerks. I want to stack every one of them on top of each other and elbow drop them through the planets core

Vakris_One
03-29-2018, 04:02 PM
The Kensei either predicted it or got lucky and the Centurion 100% predicted the kick and pre-emtively GBed the Shinobi. I don't see an issue here. Both opponents got the Shinobi at exactly the right time during the 100ms activation period before his kick animation fully starts up.

No one on the planet can consistenly react to a 100ms timing window, it's done by predicting the opponent or getting lucky.