PDA

View Full Version : Lawbringer needs a little tweaking

usmc1643
03-28-2018, 05:47 AM
After putting 12 reps into Lawbringer, I've noticed a glaring issue with his kit. He is the embodiment of turtle meta. His parry punishes are strong and i like that but if ANY of his attacks are dodged, your opponent gets a guaranteed guardbreak. With how ridiculous assassins are right now, thats too easy. He is effectively being punished for going on the offensive. His kit almost demands that he turtle. My solution, simple. Remove his block shove, remove the guaranteed guardbreak off dodged attacks and speed up his dodge recovery. As of now if you try to dodge with Lawbringer at all, its all to easy to be caught and guardbroken even after the animation has finished. In addition, why not give him hyper armor on his heavies? Highlander has it. Seems fair to me. Also PLEASE GIVE LONG ARM HYPER ARMOR. Its useless in duels! Its so telegraphed and easily dodged not to mention free guardbreak when dodged. Please Ubi. Give my boi some love in season 6

Mirage6201
03-28-2018, 05:21 PM
I think most Bigs with slow or one directional 400ms lights should have hyper armor on their heavy attacks with some exceptions. Teach those little spammers a thing or two on Xbox.

As a LB main (near max), the most frustrating thing is his lack of getting a confirmed GB or damage when dodging a headbutt, shoulder bash, pommel strike, etc... Instead you get a shove into nothing unless you catch a roll with an overhead heavy.

A warlord can headbutt a LB the entire match and when the LB dodges it and shoves, the warlord can roll away. An overhead heavy can catch the roll, but that is risky too since a parry shield bash takes all your stam away. Then itís the headbutt train all over again.

kanuzira
03-28-2018, 08:00 PM
https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1845632-Make-Lawbringer-a-pole-arm-expert

UbiJurassic
03-28-2018, 08:20 PM
Thanks for sharing the suggestions! As some of you may know, Lawbringer is in line, along with the rest of the original roster of heroes, to receive either a rework or a major balance update to bring him up to par with the other members of the hero roster. We don't yet have an ETA on when Lawbringer will be getting those changes or what those changes would be, but we appreciate the feedback on what players would like to see for the future!

Sosoken
03-29-2018, 03:34 PM
I 100% agree he needs ha on heavies and even his finisher unblockable maybe. I might not be a big fan of ha, but LB seems like one of those heroes who should have had it from the start.

EvoX.
03-29-2018, 03:41 PM
Yeah, speed up the most armored and bulkiest character in the game's dodges. That makes a lot of sense.

I agree with giving him hyper armor, though. If someone barely clothed like Zerk can have it, so should LB.

Thanks for sharing the suggestions! As some of you may know, Lawbringer is in line, along with the rest of the original roster of heroes, to receive either a rework or a major balance update to bring him up to par with the other members of the hero roster. We don't yet have an ETA on when Lawbringer will be getting those changes or what those changes would be, but we appreciate the feedback on what players would like to see for the future!

Automated and robotic response 101.