PDA

View Full Version : CH Pro Pedals/Using Brakes

wstreaker
04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Can you setup Left/Right toe brakes with the CH Pro Pedals in FB+AEP+PF ? Sorry if this has been posted before, but the search does not seem to work.

Thanks,
WildWillie

wstreaker
04-28-2005, 09:26 PM
Can you setup Left/Right toe brakes with the CH Pro Pedals in FB+AEP+PF ? Sorry if this has been posted before, but the search does not seem to work.

Thanks,
WildWillie

vocatx
04-28-2005, 09:36 PM
I have heard it's possible to download a program to allow progressive braking, but I haven't tried it. I don't think seperate left and right brakes are possible, if I'm wrong, I'm sure somebody will let you know. I have had pretty good luck by "pumping" the brakes when I'm at high speed. Just make sure if you do that, you hold full "up" elevator.

I have also found I can get fairly good directional control by using the single brake and applying generous amounts of rudder (such as when taxiing). I do really hope someday we get full funcional brakes in Il-2, but in the big picture, I could live without I suppose.

SithSpeeder
04-28-2005, 11:48 PM
I am sure someone will correct me, but here is the top level summary of controlling your plane on the ground.

For WW2 type aircraft, there were two main systems. One was separate brakes (left and right), giving you the ability to control them independently to achieve tight or loose turning. (which I believe is what you are trying to find out about).

The second is called differential braking, which is tied to rudder control. Regardless of whether you put the left or right pedal down, brakes (left and right together) are applied proportionately. However, the rudder is tied in to control the amount per side. For example, by leaving the rudder straight and putting just my right toe pedal down halfway, I get straight braking at 50%. At the same time, by kicking my rudder to the left (full deflection) with the toe pedal (left or right or both) at 50% causes all 50% of the braking power to go to the left gear and 0% to the right gear, causing me to turn fairly sharply.

For the sake of simplicity, ALL aircraft in IL2 use differential braking, even if they didn't really work that way in real life. This was a compromise which, IMO, is perfectly acceptable (I would rather that Oleg work on flight models, extra planes, loadouts, etc.).

Hope that helps.

* _54th_Speeder *

wstreaker
04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the info. Differential braking it is. I had just got the pedals and throught I read somewhere in the past about independent right/left braking. Finally getting all this equipment dialed in and working together.

Bearcat99
04-29-2005, 06:06 AM
No you cannot however you can simulate differential braking by hitting brakes and rudder at the same time. Using pedals gradual braking is possible.

Aaron_GT
04-29-2005, 09:43 AM
Does anyone have a source for the hack for the gameport version of the CH pedals which enables the toe brakes?

Iron_Hand1
04-29-2005, 10:20 AM
there is a script available at the CH hangar that will enable toebrakes on both rubber pedals.
This will allow both sides to work while playing IL2FB/AEP/PF.
Go here:
http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1488&hl=TOEBRAKES

~S~

Iron_Hand1
04-29-2005, 10:22 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">there is a script available at the CH hangar that will enable toebrakes on both rubber pedals. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
LOL, I meant to say "rudder pedals"...
It was a long night last night. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

~S~

ComradeBadinov
04-29-2005, 04:36 PM
Here's my script for both toe brakes....

cms.b1 = [js1.a1 &gt; 180] AND [js1.a2 &lt; 180];
cms.b2 = [js1.a2 &gt; 180] AND [js1.a1 &lt; 180];
cms.b3 = [js1.a1 &gt; 180] AND [js1.a2 &gt; 180];

go into CMS and uncheck DX device and set B1/2/3 with insert keystroke to "b". Go into game controls and go down to HOTAS and reset yer toe brakes with either of the toe brakes and you should be able to use either or both.... Of course you need to pay attention to what device yer pedals are ie: Joystick 1=js1 if they are Joystick 3 then change the script to js3.a1/a2/a3. Happy flyin.... ~BeoWolf~ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Akronnick
04-29-2005, 10:03 PM
This is the script I use, it simulates independent braking, by automatically diflecting the rudder when you press one brake pedal.

//
//
// CMS Script to use toe brakes with IL-2 Based Sims
// Version 1.0 Tested on IL-2:FB+AEP+PF v3.04m
//
// Works by allowing the brake pedals to deflect the rudder to begin differential braking
//
// Rudder Axis overrides this unless BOTH pedals are fully depressed, and Rudder deflection will override
// opposite brake application, i.e. if right rudder is applied, the left brake will have no effect.
//
//

// Input Axes
%define leftBrakeIn js1.a1 // Change "js1" to whatever postion your Pro pedals are in the Control Manager
%define rightBrakeIn js1.a2
%define RudderIn js1.a3

// Output Axes
%define brakeOut cms.a1// Output axis for the Brakes
%define RudderOut cms.a2// Output Axis for the Rudder

// Internal Variables
%define setup b3
%Define MoreLeftBrake b1
%Define MoreRightBrake b2
%Define CombinedBrake a1

// Adjustment Variables, See Below
%Define Brakethreshold a2
%Define MinRudder a3
%Define MinBrake a4
%Define FullBrake a5

script
setup = false;
//setup = true; // *** LOOK HERE IMPORTANT!! *** remove the "//" in front of this line
// when you need to assign axes in IL-2
// Make sure you put them back them when your ready to fly

Brakethreshold = 64;// Threshold for difference Between left and right brakes, if difference is less than this value,
// script will return the average of the two brakes

MinRudder = 16; // Determines the minimum amount of Automatic Rudder deflection to Cause single Brake Application In IL-2

MinBrake = 16; // Determines Minimum Hardware pedal deflection before single brake application takes effect

FullBrake = 251; // Determines Minimum Hardware Pedal deflection before Rudder Overide For full Brake Application takes effect

if ([(leftbrakein - rightbrakein) GT Brakethreshold] or ([RightBrakeIn lt 1] and [LeftBrakeIn ge MinBrake]))then
MoreLeftBrake = True;
else MoreLeftBrake = False;
endif

if ([(Rightbrakein - leftbrakein) GT Brakethreshold] or ([LeftBrakeIn lt 1] and [RightBrakeIn ge MinBrake])) then
MoreRightBrake = True;
else MoreRightBrake = False;
endif

if (setup) then
RudderOut = RudderIn;
else
if ([leftbrakein GT FullBrake] and [rightbrakein GT FullBrake]) then
RudderOut = 128;
else
if ([RudderIn GT (128 - MinRudder)] and [RudderIn LT (128 + MinRudder)] and MoreLeftBrake) then
RudderOut = (128 - MinRudder);
else
if ([RudderIn GT (128 - MinRudder)] and [RudderIn LT (128 + MinRudder)] and MoreRightBrake) then
RudderOut = (128 + MinRudder);
else
RudderOut = RudderIn;
endif
endif
endif
endif

CombinedBrake = ((LeftBrakeIn + RightBrakeIn) / 2);

if ([RudderOut le (128 - MinRudder)]) then
BrakeOut = LeftbrakeIn;
else
if ([RudderOut ge (128 - MinRudder)]) then
BrakeOut = Rightbrakein;
else
Brakeout = CombinedBrake;
endif
endif

endScript
//
//
//
//
//
//
//
// FIN

I hope that's not too complicated, your actual milage may vary. It works great for me but you may need to tune it to fit your own tastes, or to get it to work with other controllers. I use an X-45 and a Nostromo N52 along with the pedals