PDA

View Full Version : This game is fundamentally broken

Grim_Acheron
03-27-2018, 07:04 PM
Everything about this game is poorly designed or broken beyond all reason.

Starting with matchmaking that glitches out randomly, kick you out of the match for no reason giving you huge penalties because the game is handicaped.
Numerous times I received an error while joining a match resulting in 10 min penalties without reason or even worse,hour long penalties simply because the game did not let me join a tournament match. Having to recreate several parties because guess what, the game kicked someone out.

The balancing is ******ed as well with several classes being severely lacking in terms of effective tools while others simply shine like polished armour in the sun. Some heroes even have spammable moves that are almost 100% safe and bring a lot of rewards, let us not forget that they are spammable. Meanwhile there are other classes that have nothing consistent to their kit. Most battles with experienced players is just a game of who can use their safe combo faster and who plays the most OP heroes.

The problem that all heroes are not created equally is even worse. There is a clear line between strong heroes and the weak ones. Why does this exist? Why are there particular heroes that are stomped by others? If I join a duel and I see that the enemy has a clear advantage over me simply because of his hero, what is the point of me playing that particular match?

All of this combined just ruins what could've been a great game.

EIGHTYYARDS NYC
03-27-2018, 07:15 PM
Someones never played a fighting game.

Also you MUST be playing on PC to be having some of these issues.

xAnaToMx
03-27-2018, 08:12 PM
The idea was great, execution rather poor. Honestly Ubi needs to start waking up and fixing and not blindfolding us with eye candy items. I am not saying they can't do it, I simply saying time is running out and so does patience of playerbase. It offered sutcha potential that a lot of people stayed but i guarantee a lot of them will think twice now before they reach out for the wallet before they buy another ubisoft title. I will say it again, $60 for a game that is a AAA price and is not acceptable for how broken the game is, nevermind the amount of money spent on steel. The player base that is left still is a time bomb and you better believe it, it will explode if you don't get to business with optimizing and fixing.

UbiInsulin
03-27-2018, 10:23 PM
Everything about this game is poorly designed or broken beyond all reason.

Starting with matchmaking that glitches out randomly, kick you out of the match for no reason giving you huge penalties because the game is handicaped.
Numerous times I received an error while joining a match resulting in 10 min penalties without reason or even worse,hour long penalties simply because the game did not let me join a tournament match. Having to recreate several parties because guess what, the game kicked someone out.

The balancing is ******ed as well with several classes being severely lacking in terms of effective tools while others simply shine like polished armour in the sun. Some heroes even have spammable moves that are almost 100% safe and bring a lot of rewards, let us not forget that they are spammable. Meanwhile there are other classes that have nothing consistent to their kit. Most battles with experienced players is just a game of who can use their safe combo faster and who plays the most OP heroes.

The problem that all heroes are not created equally is even worse. There is a clear line between strong heroes and the weak ones. Why does this exist? Why are there particular heroes that are stomped by others? If I join a duel and I see that the enemy has a clear advantage over me simply because of his hero, what is the point of me playing that particular match?

All of this combined just ruins what could've been a great game.

I'm really sorry you've had frustrating experiences in matchmaking recently. Regarding the balance issues you're having, it would be awesome if you could go into specifics so the conversation has somewhere to go. Any particular matchups or moves you'd like to highlight?

Charmzzz
03-28-2018, 07:57 AM
When you have a look here: https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-320343-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32
you can see that the worst heroes in Duel (Kensei and Highlander) got reworked recently. More reworks are incoming.

I really dont know if you ever played a PVP game with different Characters (any Fighting game, Overwatch, League of Legends and such). Because in EVERY of those games, there are Meta-Picks who are particular stronger. Also called FOTM (flavor of the month). This has been a thing since I started playing Multiplayer PVP games starting with, uh, Street Fighter II on SNES back in 1992!?

If you look at the link I posted above, you can see that the difference is not as big between most of the Characters. And that list is taken from all Duels (and Dominions below) where a Top 2.5% Player participated. Imo the balance tweaks are more or less finely tuned and the only FOTM Characters I can remember were PK, WL, Cent and Shaman on their release.

Protos_88
03-28-2018, 03:49 PM
hahaha, you are boringa with you sorry. better start repare the game!