matt89connor
03-27-2018, 11:35 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa78zWOLKw4

PLS send this videos everywhere so we can send feedback to ubi to fix this

BTTrinity
03-27-2018, 02:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aa78zWOLKw4

PLS send this videos everywhere so we can send feedback to ubi to fix this

They're actively working on it with Lag Compensation, hopefully it helps with things like this

Charmzzz
03-27-2018, 02:36 PM
Dedicated Servers intention was to fix the dropped games when someone left. Since release of dedicated Servers I did not drop out of a single match - imo mission accomplished.

Now your problem (lag) is someting different they talked about. Back in Season 4 (or 3?) they removed Timesnap which normalized inputs to time frames. It works as a kind of lag compensation by adding input delays. E.g. you have a time frame of 100ms for any input, and only every 100ms the inputs are processed by the server. This means that when player A presses a button 10ms into the frame, and player B presses his button 70ms into the frame, both actions will happen simultaniously. This indirectly leads to more double-GB's, parries and double-hits.

Right now, afaik, they are checking the average connection times of players to the dedicated Servers and adjust the upcoming lag compensation (which is basically the same as Timesnap...) to it.

Btw, Duel and Brawl are not happening on dedicated Servers. Only 4v4 Modes are iirc.

Knight_Raime
03-27-2018, 02:41 PM
Dedicated Servers intention was to fix the dropped games when someone left. Since release of dedicated Servers I did not drop out of a single match - imo mission accomplished.

Now your problem (lag) is someting different they talked about. Back in Season 4 (or 3?) they removed Timesnap which normalized inputs to time frames. It works as a kind of lag compensation by adding input delays. E.g. you have a time frame of 100ms for any input, and only every 100ms the inputs are processed by the server. This means that when player A presses a button 10ms into the frame, and player B presses his button 70ms into the frame, both actions will happen simultaniously. This indirectly leads to more double-GB's, parries and double-hits.

Right now, afaik, they are checking the average connection times of players to the dedicated Servers and adjust the upcoming lag compensation (which is basically the same as Timesnap...) to it.

Btw, Duel and Brawl are not happening on dedicated Servers. Only 4v4 Modes are iirc.

for real? I thought dedis were on all pvp modes and not on for customs or pvai.

HazelrahFirefly
03-27-2018, 02:52 PM
I've actually had one PvP dominion error and disconnect on me, but its only been the one. I can live with one out of however many ive played since. I wasnt even mad (just happy to record it for my next video lol).

CandleInTheDark
03-27-2018, 05:34 PM
As far as I recall,Eric said that servers were all PVP modes, not in custom or PvAI.

But yeah as others have said, servers were for stability, there were no lag fixes in that patch, in the next patch they will have the first round of lag compensation for PC first, as with servers, that same patch should also have arena mode.

EDG_Avocado
03-28-2018, 11:34 PM
received my first dropped game in 4v4 dominion or 4v4 tribute forgot which one just last week.
Dedicated servers LUL

ChampionRuby50g
03-29-2018, 01:04 AM
received my first dropped game in 4v4 dominion or 4v4 tribute forgot which one just last week.
Dedicated servers LUL

Holy sh!t, you had your first dropped game since servers came out, which has been month +? Thatís horrible damn