PDA

View Full Version : What is about a second mode?

bananenslip
03-27-2018, 11:19 AM
I was searching for the damed stick of jade to remember what happen with the old BGE.
then i watched some doom videos next to BGE clips.
i dont know why :p
But the idea was great to let make a second mode that haves nothing to do with the strory.
but the last couple of years it came up to have a second mode.
Call of Duty - zombiemode
Doom - Sandboxmode
Borderlands - Arenafights
and and and
so if BGE2 can have a second mode that can added in 2019, what would it be?
anny ideas? or stay classic and make such a mode that have other games too :P
nothing else can be a good way too.
what do you think?

Legion-495
03-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Obviously something along the lines with the spaceships. PvP matches?
But to be real first we need a game that is called BGE2.

I do not think it would be wise to go as far as making a another gamemode unless we really have the development time. Which I doubt because this game has a very huge scale and place to fill.
I mean this game is about to combine what several games have done. And it seems that Michel Ancel took the best examples he can get.

BTW the game will not be out in 2019. We might reach a half finished game.
Also I think it would make more sense in form of a spin off rather than putting any extra modes into BGE2.
That is just my opinion on that.

Also I have to say many mentioned things have been added later.
As far as CoD goes it is the only part of CoD(in the first few version with it) which gave the devs freedom in developmment. Since we have no restrictions here, well Michel Ancel got no restrictions, it does not seem we are in need of that.
Why make something as extramode if you can fully integrate the idea? Also we can expect "bloodsports" which you might consider as second mode? But I think it will be like Witcher3 brawling.

Also we do not know how the minigames will be.

KIERROK
03-28-2018, 02:55 AM
BTW the game will not be out in 2019.

Well, that's depressing. Please tell me that was a typo and you meant 2018? I know you've told me some things on Twitter, but still...

bananenslip
03-28-2018, 05:27 PM
Legion, i like your Idea ^^
i think adding new stuff directly in the game will be good.
Borderlands added after the start other DLCs that popped out of the nowhere and you can go to them if you open the right tunnels/doors.
after that you can drive the new vehicles in the normal mode.

and yes priority 1 should be to finish the standart game BGE2. i just cant wait to see what they made.

Legion-495
03-29-2018, 10:26 AM
Well, that's depressing. Please tell me that was a typo and you meant 2018? I know you've told me some things on Twitter, but still...

You know how long games of such a size are developed? 3-4 years if not even longer. That is no secret.
I think 2018 we maybe get some sort of gameplay demos. And we are in since the start of development. So we can expect those 3-4years of wait xD
I guessed as bad as many people. I would say full release will maybe be 2020. After looking into multiple developments I changed my original view^^

Let us not forget this is like the first time people can have a impact on a game since the start... and Ubisoft is a super big publisher too. Doesn't compare to early access in size alone.

Legion, i like your Idea ^^
i think adding new stuff directly in the game will be good.
Borderlands added after the start other DLCs that popped out of the nowhere and you can go to them if you open the right tunnels/doors.
after that you can drive the new vehicles in the normal mode.

and yes priority 1 should be to finish the standart game BGE2. i just cant wait to see what they made.

Oh I know that. In fact I own every part of the Borderlands Series. If it comes to games I know stuff.
But Borderlands works with cut sections and BGE2 does have a full world where it was intended to travel anywhere without any loading. Much like Jak&Daxter did and it was like groundbreaking at this time. We just changed the scale here.

FunFact the people who had to port Jak&Daxter to the PS3 had many wtf moments because the code they used for this was so sophisticated. It was generally believed that the port would be impossible in the first place.

I think the travel in BGE2 itself isn't as big of a deal as the global scale effects that can happen. You can do tons of things with such a option. I still have to say the engine preview was impressive because the travel speed is very high. There are tons of games that would have a hard time reloading many textures. I wonder how BGE2 will do with the engine made for it.

K1ngthepug
03-29-2018, 10:36 AM
A pirate space race between players could be cool.
If the game is online perhaps we as the players could devise our own other modes.
Let’s say we all get together and have certain race perameters (fly from X planet to Y planner and collect cargo. Then take cargo to planet Z)

Online brawler could be fun also. Perhaps certain asthetic items (like scars) could be won from certain mini games.

2019? I hope it comes in 2019 hahaha.
I’m hoping for somethibg big at E3 though please? Even something small. Anything. A dog character even? Show me a picture of a planet? I’m too excited for this game.

Legion-495
03-29-2018, 10:53 AM
A pirate space race between players could be cool.
If the game is online perhaps we as the players could devise our own other modes.
Let’s say we all get together and have certain race perameters (fly from X planet to Y planner and collect cargo. Then take cargo to planet Z)

Online brawler could be fun also. Perhaps certain asthetic items (like scars) could be won from certain mini games.

2019? I hope it comes in 2019 hahaha.
I’m hoping for somethibg big at E3 though please? Even something small. Anything. A dog character even? Show me a picture of a planet? I’m too excited for this game.

Oh we all wait hard. I think it will be every E3 something because they basically have to keep the game "hot" for the buyers since they went out with information about it so early.
It makes the waiting harder if they tease you every year xD I was already so hyped back in 2008...

K1ngthepug
03-29-2018, 11:06 AM
It makes the waiting harder if they tease you every year xD I was already so hyped back in 2008...

Oh man I remember reading a video game magazine back in the day with pictures from “beyond good and evil 2” having just been announced ha. I was so surprised to see it pop up at E3 last year and honestly both me and my wife have jumped on the hype train pretty hard.

While I talk about it why not allow players to form relationships (marriages etc) fable style.

bananenslip
03-29-2018, 04:41 PM
I wonder how BGE2 will do with the engine made for it.
Good question :D They made a own qantumjump in the engine programming.
Every Game have to load a tiny world that is fix, BGEengine is loading permanent i think, like a bubble where you can watch.

We all hope the release date is near, but how far are they with the game?
ubi said several times it comes and now is nothing here just some trailers and infos.
a free demo like that what ancel played would be nice as a start for us.
without a fix date, the game can be nearly finished or nowhere.

KIERROK
03-29-2018, 06:08 PM
You know how long games of such a size are developed? 3-4 years if not even longer. That is no secret.
I think 2018 we maybe get some sort of gameplay demos. And we are in since the start of development. So we can expect those 3-4years of wait xD
I guessed as bad as many people. I would say full release will maybe be 2020. Aber looking into multiple developments I changed my original view^^

Let us not forget this is like the first time people can have a impact on a game since the start... and Ubisoft is a super big publisher too. Doesn't compare to early access in size alone.

Oh, I know. It's just I had hoped they were "lying" like they did at E3. They said they wouldn't be there but *BOOM!!!* there they were. I was hoping they're just saying the game isn't finished, as a smoke screen to keep fans from saying "Is it out yet? How about now? Now? *demonic voice* NOW!?" but in truth, the game would be 3/4 done.

Legion-495
03-29-2018, 06:34 PM
Well it is more of a surprise if the game comes with a full flexed instant release xD
And nobody would have guessed it. Much like Nintendo does.