PDA

View Full Version : Please help!

Jedioutcast88
03-27-2018, 08:59 AM
To all for honor player please read and to gamers thinking about purchasing the game I would not recommend it.

To anyone who feels the need to defend this game and tell me its better then where is was, this post is not for you. Because I have been there claiming that with every patch the game has gotten better. Overlooking the major issue that are still there and worse then before. I get it. This is for the players that have had enough with the bs in this game. So please save your comments. If you canít see the problem this game has then chances are you are the problem the rest of the players have with this game.

To the players of For Honor, we need to stop lying to ourselves that this game is good. It might bring something different and unique to the table but it is far from ideal conditions. The story mode is solid Iíll give it that but the multiplayer of the game the bread and butter of it is an absolute mess. From waiting almost a year to get near ďperfectĒ dedicates servers, to issues with multiplayer being unbalanced not only with the character but as a whole. A skilled based game that requires little to no skill in 4v4 because of the ganging up. Patches and changes made to this game that have made it better for 1v1 but absolutely train reck for 4v4. After a year we only have 1 new game mode added and even that is a mess to play.
We as the players put up with for honor and the mess it was, because we saw how good of a game it really could be. We stuck through the issues, only to be met with a slap to the face. You need to really ask yourself, is this game really that good? Is this a game you would recommend to a friend?
My breaking point with for honor is when the dedicated servers launching and it fixed nothing. If anything it showed how bad the issues really are with the game. This game has been out now for a year and I have stuck through it all since the launch of the game. After a year and this game still doesnít have its issues sorted out should tell you the level of care the developers have for this game and itís community.
What Iím asking of you as the players of this community to please help me send a message to the developers by stop playing this mess of a game. Let them know we are not going to sit by and wait anymore for this game to be fixed. Let them see that we wonít put up with this anymore. That we will not come back to this game until the issues are sorted out and we can finally have a game that we all can enjoy and have fun.
We all payer money for this game. With the game, season pass, and buying steel we should have a AAA game that we payed for. Not this mess of a game.

Plutonium Bug
03-27-2018, 09:53 AM
I am getting tired of these posts.

Let me explain.

for 90% of the population the dedicated servers made a world of difference. I play with 8/9 different people all over the world. I used to get kicked pretty much 40% of the time now i get an error 5% of the time a drastic change. (Tried PvE xp farming with them this weekend got kicked 80% of the time so we went back PvP so this proves dedicated servers do work)

Seconds. You have a lot of different players that want different things from a game. Some want a single player story some want a multiplayer, some want to fight people 1v1 or 2v2 and some people want to fight 4v4 and love the chaos of that.

So...
When is a game good? A game can be considered good when you have fun and enjoy the experience for as long as that is. E.g Wolfenstein single player story enjoyed it played just story and left it but it was good. had about 8-10 hours in that. For honor i have about 20 days. Somethings are frustrating but the overall experience over rules the bad.

Does the game have its problems? Yes.
Does that effect your experience so much you don't come back? No as I still play pretty much every other day. And if it personally is too much for you move on to something else.
Is the game that good you want it to become better with less problems? Yes as here you are.
Is it going to help the devs if we stop playing? Absolutely NOT.

Can you give constructive feedback on how to improve instead of asking everybody to quit?

I am an Alpha player and I stopped for a while in Season 3 as the disconnects where too much but the experience was so good that I did come back and they are improving so instead of asking us to stop what we enjoy please go play another game and forget about the forums thank you.

Jedioutcast88
03-27-2018, 10:33 AM
I am getting tired of these posts.

Let me explain.

for 90% of the population the dedicated servers made a world of difference. I play with 8/9 different people all over the world. I used to get kicked pretty much 40% of the time now i get an error 5% of the time a drastic change. (Tried PvE xp farming with them this weekend got kicked 80% of the time so we went back PvP so this proves dedicated servers do work)

Seconds. You have a lot of different players that want different things from a game. Some want a single player story some want a multiplayer, some want to fight people 1v1 or 2v2 and some people want to fight 4v4 and love the chaos of that.

So...
When is a game good? A game can be considered good when you have fun and enjoy the experience for as long as that is. E.g Wolfenstein single player story enjoyed it played just story and left it but it was good. had about 8-10 hours in that. For honor i have about 20 days. Somethings are frustrating but the overall experience over rules the bad.

Does the game have its problems? Yes.
Does that effect your experience so much you don't come back? No as I still play pretty much every other day. And if it personally is too much for you move on to something else.
Is the game that good you want it to become better with less problems? Yes as here you are.
Is it going to help the devs if we stop playing? Absolutely NOT.

Can you give constructive feedback on how to improve instead of asking everybody to quit?

I am an Alpha player and I stopped for a while in Season 3 as the disconnects where too much but the experience was so good that I did come back and they are improving so instead of asking us to stop what we enjoy please go play another game and forget about the forums thank you.

Donít get me wrong I love this game too. Iím right up there with the amount of days played on this game. I just canít overlook the fact this game even after a year is still broken. This game at this point should have next to no issues. It should be balanced. Yes the connection to matches and the matches not dropping are an improvement, but that doesnít change the rest of the issues the dedicated servers brought. How can I play a game the is based on timing with latency so bad I canít even block? How can anyone enjoy playing this game when they helplessly watch there character get hanged up on by the rolling death squads and there is not a thing you can do about it other then except? The developers need to get on this issue that many people including myself have complained about. It got to the point that I am so done with this game that I snapped my PS4 disk in half. In all my years I have never played a game that has left such a foul taste in my mouth and frustrated me to the point of breaking the game without second hesitation. I love for honor and what it can be. For the longest time I used to defend this game because when I got a good day it was good. Those days however are to far in between to say this game is good. What it is right now shouldnít be acceptable either. If you canít see that then continue playing. Iím not stopping anyone from doing that. All Iím asking is if the players of for honor want things to actually change in this game they need to band together and send a message to the developers. No gamer should accept a game in this state even after a year or continue to keep playing it.

Charmzzz
03-27-2018, 10:53 AM
I still have fun in the game. Sure, some games are wonky latency wise, lag compensation will hopefully come soon. Sad you don't enjoy the game anymore, but calling for others to stop playing because you want "the Devs to listen"?

Imo the improvements over the last year are pretty good. Alot of balancing was done. Dedicated Servers for much more stability. Parry changes and several hero reworks. Lag compensation announced. The Devs did listen to alot of our feedback and worked on those things.

Armosias
03-27-2018, 12:25 PM
All Iím asking is if the players of for honor want things to actually change in this game they need to band together and send a message to the developers. No gamer should accept a game in this state even after a year or continue to keep playing it.
Basically you want the Dev team to be allocated to another game in order to save For Honor. Because facing empty servers they won't just act as "Oh my god our game is broken we'll fix this right away in week". Ubi headquarters would just take down For Honor. This game is ONLY one year old, and if you think that every single game should be perfect after one year I truly wonder where you have been during the last decade.
For Honor is a good game, an amazing concept, calling for a boycott considering the amount of work they accomplished is ridiculous. I want For Honor to live not it to die. And yeah I would recommend it to a friend, only telling him that he should not buy if he cannot stand strong facing the huge learning curve of the game.

Jedioutcast88
03-27-2018, 12:44 PM
I still have fun in the game. Sure, some games are wonky latency wise, lag compensation will hopefully come soon. Sad you don't enjoy the game anymore, but calling for others to stop playing because you want "the Devs to listen"?

Imo the improvements over the last year are pretty good. Alot of balancing was done. Dedicated Servers for much more stability. Parry changes and several hero reworks. Lag compensation announced. The Devs did listen to alot of our feedback and worked on those things.

If you feel the need to defend this broke as hell game then this post is not for you so please move along.

Charmzzz
03-27-2018, 12:51 PM
If you feel the need to defend this broke as hell game then this post is not for you so please move along.

I knew this would come up from you.

1. You rant about the game and call for a boycott where every player should join, because obviously everyone dislikes For Honor like you.
2. You open a Thread in a public forum, with your call for a boycott addressed to every FH player, then tell people who disagree to "move along".
3. Everyone who likes For Honor is a white knight in your eyes, defending the "obviously broken" game.

Thanks mate, you made my day.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 01:07 PM
If you feel the need to have a safe space where freedom of speech is banned unless it agrees with you and nothing but loving words and praise is poured on you like a golden shower from above then a public forum is not for you.

Knight_Raime
03-27-2018, 01:11 PM
Thread should be locked. No decent discussion is being had. OP isn't willing to discuss. Just people to listen and agree.
To OP sorry you're not having fun. Doesn't give you the okay to try and ruin it for others. Do yourself a favor and leave if it's really that bad for you.
Or if you intend to stay try to be more open minded and productive with your posts.

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 01:12 PM
Opens with, "To all for honor player please read."

Then responds with "this post is not for you so please move along."

https://i.giphy.com/media/Vg0JstydL8HCg/giphy.webp

Jedioutcast88
03-27-2018, 02:45 PM
Well i can tell i have triggered some people on this forum by calling for a boycott on For honor. I hear what you are saying. I understand and disagree.
I knew full well that this would get some people butt hurt hearing, at this point i just don't care what you think. If you don't want to take apart of it then don't take apart of, Plan and simple.
Continue either being apart of the problem with this game or too oblivious to the issues this game still have. It does matter much to me, but i'm sure this matters to the players tired of
the bs that goes on in this game. I have seen all through out the forums people walking away from this game because they are tired of coming back to the same bs. i have friends that i personally know walk away from the game because of the bs. Even after i convinced them to play they still say the same thing that the game major issues are still not fixed.
I was much all of you commenting. I over looked the issues For Honor has because i loved the game. like any person in an abusive relationship i kept brushing aside the issues and looking past it because if i picked out everything that was good about the game while ignoring the bad like a lot of you said its is a really great game. Which in is an absolute lie people will tell themselves when its the only game of its kind. So i kept putting up with it week after week, month after month. Now we are at the year mark and besides matches being more stable everything else is still broken. I over looked it with the multiple mode. All the new emotes, executions, effect, and skin. The added characters. New Maps in all the multiplayer modes. The reworked character, which i was super excited for kensie. All of that blinded me from the fact this game is still broke as hell. I'm sorry that the people that have commented still feel this game is great. That they are triggered so much to instead read and walk away from it. That you felt the need to tell someone that truly would want to see this game in a better place then were it should have been months ago to be properly fixed. This is not a post then meant for you. keep on playing the game. Not everybody needs to stop playing just enough to turn multiplayer into a ghost time. So continue to enjoy and i'm going to say this really slow so you might understand BROKE AS HELL GAME.

Knight_Raime
03-27-2018, 02:51 PM
Well i can tell i have triggered some people on this forum by calling for a boycott on For honor. I hear what you are saying. I understand and disagree.
I knew full well that this would get some people butt hurt hearing, at this point i just don't care what you think. If you don't want to take apart of it then don't take apart of, Plan and simple.
Continue either being apart of the problem with this game or too oblivious to the issues this game still have. It does matter much to me, but i'm sure this matters to the players tired of
the bs that goes on in this game. I have seen all through out the forums people walking away from this game because they are tired of coming back to the same bs. i have friends that i personally know walk away from the game because of the bs. Even after i convinced them to play they still say the same thing that the game major issues are still not fixed.
I was much all of you commenting. I over looked the issues For Honor has because i loved the game. like any person in an abusive relationship i kept brushing aside the issues and looking past it because if i picked out everything that was good about the game while ignoring the bad like a lot of you said its is a really great game. Which in is an absolute lie people will tell themselves when its the only game of its kind. So i kept putting up with it week after week, month after month. Now we are at the year mark and besides matches being more stable everything else is still broken. I over looked it with the multiple mode. All the new emotes, executions, effect, and skin. The added characters. New Maps in all the multiplayer modes. The reworked character, which i was super excited for kensie. All of that blinded me from the fact this game is still broke as hell. I'm sorry that the people that have commented still feel this game is great. That they are triggered so much to instead read and walk away from it. That you felt the need to tell someone that truly would want to see this game in a better place then were it should have been months ago to be properly fixed. This is not a post then meant for you. keep on playing the game. Not everybody needs to stop playing just enough to turn multiplayer into a ghost time. So continue to enjoy and i'm going to say this really slow so you might understand BROKE AS HELL GAME.

TLDR:
"I hear you but I don't. I still feel i'm objectively correct about my opinion. and instead of being a productive member of the community i'm going to belittle people who disagree with me and continue to not actually contribute anything to make the game better."

Vakris_One
03-27-2018, 03:07 PM
All I keep reading from the OP is "My opinion is more valid than those who disagree with me. Please quit the game with me so that I can feel validated."

It's perfectly fine to have different opinions about the state of the game and if you feel you no longer like this game then that's fine as is stating your reasons for leaving. Notice however that the difference between other people who left and wrote a thread explaining why and your thread is that you are trying to proselytize to others as to how they should feel about the game, i.e. they should no longer like the game because you no longer like it.

And, this being a free thinking forum, when you got a rather expected response along the lines of "Nah, I'm good. I still like it." you got offended and told them "this thread is not for you, please go away." This kind of attitude is the reason why your thread will go nowhere.

SpaceJim12
03-27-2018, 05:57 PM
Well, you have a lot of "I'm quit" posts, you have 80% playerbase lost on PC after launch, and still you see all that issues. So how boycott could help?

I left this game after S5 start as well, fortunatly there are a lot games you could play. But than I feel that return to FH is something that cross my mind time to time, cause this game still offer you something that no one did before. So, try to leave, boycott or something and if you'll never get reason or needs to return, maybe it's for the best.

Me, as I believe a huge part of community see the problems. I still have some doubts about future of this game. But let me give you my own (me as a big skeptic of FH) fact from last time I played game. We all know that dedicated servers are far from great state, and I'm one of many who got a lot of disconnections and have no chance to finish proper even a 60% matches. I played 5 hour last weekend and had only one game disconnect. Only one. So I should admit devs made something good with the dedicated servers. And now I really want to see lag compensation.

Mirage6201
03-27-2018, 06:55 PM
Iíve waited a long time for this game to be playable. It has been enjoyable but If lag compensation doesnít make the gameplay more consistent then i will give up.

The poster needs to realize that that the damage has already been done with customers. Some wonít ever buy Ubisoft games again. The ones remaining already understand the issues.

I do think people should just let the poster vent. Thatís why I post on this forum.

UbiInsulin
03-27-2018, 07:30 PM
Going to need to close this. Criticism of the game is welcome if it's constructive, but unfortunately this has not really been an open-ended discussion.