PDA

View Full Version : Xbox one wired controller

spiritmark1
03-27-2018, 03:22 AM
Hi i have a isssue with the xbox one wired controller i have pressed all the buttons moved the sticks but nothing works evrything works fine in far cry 4 but far cry 5 for some reason it will not work is this a fault that needs patching?

BandB2013
03-27-2018, 05:23 AM
same problem with razor controller and shield controller

Mangraviti
03-27-2018, 05:26 AM
The game simply doesn't work with the gamepad.
What are we supposed to do? I hate keyboard and mouse for games. It's uncomfortable and without potentiometers, the thing is just bad to play.

ApstractWretch
03-27-2018, 08:47 AM
i got it working through steam with the console mod thingy but for some reason everything works but the arrows on the left side. i just have to play without support, rocks or cameras the next few hours til i get an answer here i guess.

by the way yes i have tried other games and other menus, far cry 5 is the only offender out of every game i own to this day.

CasualUplay
03-27-2018, 09:38 AM
Same issue, D-Pad not working. Come on UbiSoft, what is going on?

MDD136
03-27-2018, 11:21 AM
Same here, my nacon controler does not work...But it work on all previous far cry and assassin creed unity.

C'mon Ubisoft make this game work with controller please!!

Robarivas
03-27-2018, 11:44 AM
Stunning. I am in disbelief. Really??!?! I pre-ordered for this?? Please fix this immediately. Not a happy customer at all right now. Unreal.

spiritmark1
03-27-2018, 01:05 PM
I do hope they sort this out played 2 hours with key board and mouse last night was a total nightmare on there supported peripherals it says microsoft xbox one controller here the link https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/faqs/000034077/Supported-peripherals-in-Far-Cry-5-FC5/
the game says it found new controller but nothiing works come on ubisoft please fix this

drw9372013
03-27-2018, 01:27 PM
What the heck?

drw9372013
03-27-2018, 02:28 PM
Figured out my controller problem - controller must be in "DirectInput" mode - there is a switch on the underside of the controller that must be set to the right.

ApstractWretch
03-27-2018, 05:38 PM
It actually surprised me how good the controller scheme is after playing keyboard last night for at least 3 hours. i had to change the keyboard layout so many times and i still cannot descend with an aircraft due to lack of buttons.

spiritmark1
03-27-2018, 10:04 PM
I have manged to get the xbox one controller working in far cry 5 what i did was added it to steam as it was a non steam game went to pplay and bingo it worked but the D-pad still doesn't work hopefully will get that to work soon. its much better with controller playing this game. if you are not sure how to add non steam games to steams this is what i did
Launch Steam.
Click the Games menu, choose Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.
Browse for games on your computer or put a check next to the game(s) you wish to add to the Library.
Click on "Add Selected Programs".

I had to click browse games then C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 5\bin it was either EACLaunch.exe or FarCry5.exe then click open to add to steam then my (your location may be different) controller is working like i said apart from D-pad.

ubi--unicorn
03-27-2018, 10:16 PM
Hey guys, we're aware of the issue with the D-Pad. Apologies for any inconvenience!

CasualUplay
03-27-2018, 11:28 PM
"Hey guys, we're aware of the issue with the D-Pad. Apologies for any inconvenience!"

aware and working to fix I hope? Along with it recognizing the difference between a 360 and One controller... along with actually having all the other things (like some people reporting they cannot brake and that some options are not working in addition to the d-pad issues).

I will say I noticed when I was trying to figure out what was going on, that some of the displayed layout options were not showing things like the button for braking (I did not make it far enough to see since if this is not fixed I need to return it) among others... so basically, controller support in general is 'borked'.

Hope to see a fix soon! This seems like a pretty big oversight :P