PDA

View Full Version : Since when did they change lights from Warlord full guard?

Tyrjo
03-26-2018, 06:29 PM
I haven't played Warlord in quite a while, but when I just did, I noticed something that I haven't noticed before. I'm not talking about the attacks you do after having blocked an attack from full guard.

When I got into full guard with the WL and attack without blocking an incoming attack the heavy always comes from the WL left side. Earlier the light always came from the WL right side. Now the lights matches the direction your guard is in when you enter full block. When was this changed?

Tyrjo
03-29-2018, 03:18 PM
I guess no one plays Warlord any longer... :(

xAnaToMx
03-29-2018, 03:38 PM
Warlords mobility sucks, he'snot viable anymore, you can't get to your target, you can't really punish as well as the law can for example. Head Butt is easily readable and doged and the damage completely terrible to the point nobody plays him really. Only thing you can do is GB and push so unless the rework him he is all the way on the bottom and the proof is there, almost nobody plays him.

Hormly
03-29-2018, 04:09 PM
his fullblock has been nerfed numerous times, conqs is now stronger than the WL's ever was, but I still find it useful.

I like to wait in it for a few seconds, and fly into a heavy the instant I see the guard break indicator on my enemy.

when its his turn to get a rework, they certainly need to look into giving his fullblock some more viability, and also his unique parry mechanic needs to be reworked, as it is now entirely useless since the parry rework, since normal lights or a zone do more damage than the 'poke' does after a shield bash. The stun is nice, but most would rather do double damage.

rasi777125
03-29-2018, 06:22 PM
Jes this is true the Warlord is dead 😥☠👹

Hormly
03-29-2018, 06:35 PM
Jes this is true the Warlord is dead 😥☠👹

Never! *flex*

It just feels this way, at launch we were S tier, and have been in constant decline with every patch, and people tend to feel a loss much more than a gain.

Think of the WL as a pheonix, right now hes burning slowly to ash, but when his rework arrives (likely to be the last to receive one) he will emerge powerful once more.

I just hope they dont make him cheap 😕

rasi777125
03-29-2018, 07:31 PM
Yes i Hope so !👍

Tyrjo
03-30-2018, 07:15 AM
But back to OT, did they change the lights from neutral full guard?

Knight_Raime
03-30-2018, 12:18 PM
I don't think it's been changed. Everytime i've fought a WL as of recent that attack comes from his left for me.

Hormly
03-30-2018, 11:54 PM
I dont remember the WL doing his "poke" without first blocking a hit. Seems a very moot change, and one for the better id say

Tyrjo
03-31-2018, 07:45 AM
I dont remember the WL doing his "poke" without first blocking a hit. Seems a very moot change, and one for the better id say

No, he doesn't do his poke when you light from neutral. You have to block for that to happen.

I'm talking about going into full guard and just lighting from neutral to exit full guard. The light used to come from the right (always) and the heavy from the left (it still does only that).

Today, if your guard is top and you go into full guard then light, the attack is a normal top light attack. I'm thinking that this could be something that slipped into the patch and could be part of the WL rework. In the same way Valkyries dodge attack GB punish was removed without no mention in the patch notes.

Hormly
03-31-2018, 03:28 PM
No, he doesn't do his poke when you light from neutral. You have to block for that to happen.

I'm talking about going into full guard and just lighting from neutral to exit full guard. The light used to come from the right (always) and the heavy from the left (it still does only that).

Today, if your guard is top and you go into full guard then light, the attack is a normal top light attack. I'm thinking that this could be something that slipped into the patch and could be part of the WL rework. In the same way Valkyries dodge attack GB punish was removed without no mention in the patch notes.

I dont recall when this change occured. I actually dont remember it ever working a different way, which could mean its been this way for awhile.

Either way, seems pretty insignificant

Entry_Error
04-13-2018, 05:47 PM
When the warlord lost his ability to utilize the unblockable headbutt, or uncontested guard break from Full Stance, they changed light attacking from full stance. You can light attack from any direction while in Full Stance. To do this, simply leave your stance (up, left or right) in the direction you'll want to Light Attack from, before you go into Full Stance.

For example, while holding left trigger, I move the right stick to the Up Stance position. Then on the right stick, I press Down to activate full stance. While holding Down, I press right bumper. The warlord will perform a Light attack from the Up Stance position. This Light attack is treated like the beginning of his L > H combo as well, so use this to your advantage.

Something like

Any Stance + L > Right Stance + H (Cancel), Dash + GB ('headbutt') + L ('poke'), Up Stance, Full Stance, L > Left Stance + H.

I hope this helps.

I like Warlord a lot, because of his handicap. You learn a lot more about other characters, through the losses you take on the Warlord. He is an exceptional coach, when it comes to delving into the more advanced mechanics of the game, because you have great mix-up game, and your parrying ability has to be on point.

Tyrjo
04-14-2018, 06:34 AM
Thanks for clearing this up. So I wasn't crazy after all.