PDA

View Full Version : REWORKS, kensei & berserker

Playing_Mantis
03-26-2018, 02:01 PM
Kensei's rework was just awesome! the hero playes really nice. good mixups, well thought out. he's hard to fight but its a good balanced hero in my opinion. he docent just rely on one gimmick move like conc shield bashing..

NOW- my issue lies with the zerker. Why does this hero need hyper armor on basically every attack.. he's so fast and now its just ridiculous to 1v1 this guy. with his super fast attacks and feints its almost impossible to block or parry all these and if you try to trade your toast with his huge damage. I feel like it was just a lazy quick way to make him straight up OP. not well thought out at all like the kensei. it feels like they took all their time working on kensei. if there is an easy way to shut him down other than having lightning reflexes please let me know. but until then i think zerkers a bit too op now with this "rework".

XJadeDragoonX
03-26-2018, 03:12 PM
You must be a kensei main because the kensei is definitely better than berserker and has hyper armor as well. If you dash attack a berserker and go into a hyper armor move, you will out trade him every single time.

SpaceJim12
03-26-2018, 03:16 PM
Working on Kensei? Hah.
Maybe in duels you could find Kensei, who use (for real) all reworks moves. But in Dominion now all Kenseis do the same safe thing, they use dodge-to-attack move, that speed enough, framed you from most opponents attack and deal good damage cause it's now heavy. So, all you shoud do on Kensei is just wait until youe opponent make the move and than dodge-to-attack. It's safe, cause you dodge and can't be punish, cause your opponent in the middle of his own attack.
All three reworks are bad, lead chars to OP or spamers of one move. And that better tracking for HL made his kick and toss are almost undodgeable for non'assassins.

Sneakly20
03-26-2018, 03:17 PM
Kensei's rework was just awesome! the hero playes really nice. good mixups, well thought out. he's hard to fight but its a good balanced hero in my opinion. he docent just rely on one gimmick move like conc shield bashing..

NOW- my issue lies with the zerker. Why does this hero need hyper armor on basically every attack.. he's so fast and now its just ridiculous to 1v1 this guy. with his super fast attacks and feints its almost impossible to block or parry all these and if you try to trade your toast with his huge damage. I feel like it was just a lazy quick way to make him straight up OP. not well thought out at all like the kensei. it feels like they took all their time working on kensei. if there is an easy way to shut him down other than having lightning reflexes please let me know. but until then i think zerkers a bit too op now with this "rework".

I don’t really care for hyper armor rn because then I get into my rant about Bezerker being an assassin at all kind of thing. My only real gripe is the 400 ms feint lights. I can care less about it’s hyper armor but I do feel that they are too quick atm. Of course I’m simply above average so take what I say with a grain of salt. But honestly this game Is so dynamic i don’t even know what average is considered 😂

Anomynion
03-26-2018, 03:27 PM
But in Dominion now all Kenseis do the same safe thing, they use dodge-to-attack move, that speed enough, framed you from most opponents attack and deal good damage cause it's now heavy. So, all you shoud do on Kensei is just wait until youe opponent make the move and than dodge-to-attack. It's safe, cause you dodge and can't be punish, cause your opponent in the middle of his own attack.

“Swift Strike”
“Swift Strike” now causes "Heavy Hit/Block Reaction" (was Medium.)
“Swift Strike” is now performed with the Heavy Input Button.
“Swift Strike” is now considered a Heavy Attack, allows Executions, cost 12 Stamina (was 6), and a suffer Heavy Parry penalty.
Pretty much the only thing they changed was making it a heavy. The animation is exactly the same as it was before, it’s just a little less punishing on counter.

Just ‘cause he’s good now doesn’t mean he needs to be nerfed into the ground. Hit those dodge-happy Kensei with a feint into parry on his dodge attack and they’ll start doing it a lot less.

Vakris_One
03-26-2018, 03:34 PM
You must be a kensei main because the kensei is definitely better than berserker and has hyper armor as well. If you dash attack a berserker and go into a hyper armor move, you will out trade him every single time.
Not too sure on the damage numbers as to who wins a trade between those two but if you feint as a Beserker and parry Kensei's swift strike you negate the need to trade with him and get a zone attack worth 30 damage, which is one of the strongest heavy parry punishes in the game currently.

In my opinion the Kensei's rework had more thought put into it whereas the Zerker's rework was a lazy way to increase his power via making him a hyper armour feint spam machine.

XJadeDragoonX
03-26-2018, 03:52 PM
True but a parry with a kensei turns into a swift strike which is only 10 damage less and you can go right into your mixup. Most berserkers just try and dodge so if you go into top unblockable mixup or just get a most likely free sidelight because reflex guard is terrible. Or you can turn the unblockable into a side heavy which every berserker just runs into which hits for 40. So you can net 60 damage. Or you can soft feint into gb. If you're near a wall you get 45 damage so that nets you 65. Lots of options. It's not safe to block as berserker so most people try and dodge attack. Zerk side attack is half the damage as a kensei hyper armor heavy. Kensei just straight up out trades berserker. My brother is a kensei main and we duel very often so I'm very familiar with fighting kensei. And it's still a pain in the ***.

Not saying that berserker is weak or that nobody struggles against him. But kensei is a hard counter to berserker. So is lawbringer. It's rock paper scissors with a lot of these characters.

Protos_88
03-26-2018, 03:58 PM
this balance is so stupit... gg debs as main warden and i can say i waste my money for this **** game

Protos_88
03-26-2018, 04:03 PM
as main warden i can say gg devs.... what give this balanc for rest character? without hyper armor?what we shut do? paryy and chep dmg? warden is to slow to Predictable and you devs meak this game worst

Protos_88
03-26-2018, 04:14 PM
and wtf higlander is... wtf warden have for higlander. this game is f joke and you devs meak it f biger now

Vakris_One
03-26-2018, 04:26 PM
True but a parry with a kensei turns into a swift strike which is only 10 damage less and you can go right into your mixup. Most berserkers just try and dodge so if you go into top unblockable mixup or just get a most likely free sidelight because reflex guard is terrible. Or you can turn the unblockable into a side heavy which every berserker just runs into which hits for 40. So you can net 60 damage. Or you can soft feint into gb. If you're near a wall you get 45 damage so that nets you 65. Lots of options. It's not safe to block as berserker so most people try and dodge attack. Zerk side attack is half the damage as a kensei hyper armor heavy. Kensei just straight up out trades berserker. My brother is a kensei main and we duel very often so I'm very familiar with fighting kensei. And it's still a pain in the ***.

Not saying that berserker is weak or that nobody struggles against him. But kensei is a hard counter to berserker. So is lawbringer. It's rock paper scissors with a lot of these characters.
Do you mean a missed parry against a Kensei turns into swift strike? Because Kensei doesn't get a swift strike from a heavy parry and it would be a waste to use swift strike after a light parry since a side heavy gives you 40 damage. Trying to parry a Zerker's feint spam is pretty much suicide unless he lets an unblockable rip.

Zerker used to be a hard counter to Kensei pre-Season 5 because the huge damage from his top heavy unblockable allowed him to win trades with Kensei but there were still ways to fight him, i.e. don't trade with him. Zerker is now on the reverse end of that I suppose, I don't tend to trade often with Zerkers when playing Kensei so my experience of which one wins trades nowadays is not up to scratch. The character matchups are indeed still very much rock, paper, scissors just with some characters now switching positions after the S5 reworks and some like Kensei, Zerker, Highlander and Conq now getting a more equal distribution of good vs bad matchups.

Oupyz
03-26-2018, 05:49 PM
kensei doesn't always get a heavy from a light parry due his heavy attack being slower he is a bit sluggish with keyboard/mouse , probably with a controller it's no problem to land a heavy 100% on a light parry , but with a keyboard and mouse he become sluggish ( only kensei though) . i tried many character only kensei suffer from this issue

Sekiro...
06-01-2018, 06:38 AM
up